- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips
- 8. YouTube Ultimate Guide
How to Edit Audio on YouTube
In this article, we are going to show you how to edit audio with YouTube Video Editor, and the tips on adding your own audio file to YouTube.
- Part 1: Add your Own Audio File to YouTube Video
- Part 2: How to Edit Audio with YouTube Video Editor
Part 1: Add your Own Audio File to YouTube Video
Tools You Are Going to Need
YouTube video editor is far from meeting the needs of people who want to have more control on their audio. On the bright side, if you are interested in learning how to edit audio on YouTube, there is a solution. There are many video editors in the market that allow you to add your own music or audio files to a video. Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, WeVideo, and Magisto are some of the video editors available for you to choose from. In this guide, we recommend Wondershare Filmora.
Why Should You Choose Wondershare Filmora?
There are many advantages associated with the use of Wondershare Filmora. You will see that it allows you to fully edit any audio file and gain 100% control over your files. It is an integrated solution that lacks nothing in terms of efficiency and quality standards. To be more specific, Wondershare Filmora offers the following unique features:
- Built-in audio editing tools that allow you to gain full control of your audio in an easy way
- Exclusive audio track that enables you to mute, detach or even de-noise the audio from video
- All audio effects can easily be adjusted with one click only
- The built-in Equalizer is capable enough to create amazing audio effects
- Directly upload your video to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo from Wondershare Filmora
How to add audio files to YouTube video with Wondershare Filmora
Do you want to know more about audio editing? Please read this article: How to add audio to video.
Step 1 Import Video Clips into Filmora
Step 2 Detach Audio
If you want to edit the original audio of the video, you can choose to split the audio file from the video by using the Audio Detach option on Wondershare Filmora. Then, the audio file will be shown in the audio track, and you can cut or trim it.
Note: If you do not want to keep the original audio file stored on your computer, you can delete it from the audio track.
Step 3Add Audio Files
Wondershare Filmora offers you multiple royalty free audio effects and music in its rich audio library. What is more, you can also import your own music or audio file from your computer or iTunes. Of course, you should know that the audio should be royalty free for you to make use of. In a different situation, you cannot upload it and benefit from its quality and nature.
Step 4Edit Audio
In this step, you can adjust the audio volume and pitch, etc. There are multiple options for you to benefit from, including the Audio Equalizer, Music, Mix Audio. In this way, you can make sure that the audio is exactly like you have wanted it to be. For further information as to how you can improve the sound quality of your recorded videos, you can check out: How to improve sound quality of recorded videos.
Step 5Save Your Work and Upload on YouTube
If you are satisfied with your work on the audio file and you wish to publish it, the process is quite simple. You just hit Export and select to upload the video to YouTube. After signing in to your YouTube account, you will be ready to start uploading the audio file.
In case you wish to edit the audio from an already published video, you have to download the video first. You cannot edit it otherwise. If you want to do that, you can benefit from Wondershare Video Converter. This helpful tool will enable you to download any YouTube videos of your choosing by entering the video link into the program.
After that, you can edit the video as per your liking and then continue on with uploading it on YouTube.
Part 2: How to Edit Audio with YouTube Video Editor
Unfortunately, YouTube does not allow users to upload audio files such as MP3, WAV, etc. Instead, you can only upload audio files which are offered by YouTube in the first place. Since YouTube has got a plentiful audio library, you can find a lot of audio there. In this part, we will show you how to add and edit audio with YouTube Video Editor.
You may also like: How to Add Music to YouTube Videos >>
Note: From 20th September 2017 users will no longer be able to use the complimentary editing suite. Check the best YouTube video editor alternatives from this complete guide. In the following part, I will show you how to add audio track , replace the original audio and adjust the audio position and length as well.
- Step 1: Sign in to your YouTube account
- Step 2:Click your profile avatar and select Creator Studio option.
- Step 3: In the left pane, go to Video Manager and then click Videos. In the Videos list, choose the video that you want to add new audio track, and then select Audio from the Edit button.
- Step 4: Now you can add or replace the audio in your video. Here you will find that there are various songs and audio files you can choose from. Click ADD TO VIDEO and the audio track will be added to the video directly.
- Step 5: Now you will see the audio track appears at the bottom of the player. Here you can trim and drag the audio bar to adjust the audio positon and length. To Trim the audio, click the beginning or the end of the audio bar and then drag it to the left or right. After trimming, drag it to meet the target position.
Normally, it would be better to add and edit audio to video before updating to YouTube. In this case, Filmora is highly recommended as one of the best video editor for YouTubers, which provides some royalty free music sound in the Music Library to choose from and also the audio editing tools like remove background noise from the video, add fade in and fade out effects with ease or play the video backward or fast forward.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>