What is Facebook 360 Degree Video
The recently updated features of Facebook allow users to update all new stories of life on profile in much interactive way. You can show a different world to all your viewers with 360 videos and photos.
You will be glad to know that Facebook is now compatible with VR headsets that were earlier limited to Oculus Rift etc. It is time to get started with new experience to enjoy 360 videos on your own Facebook Profile.
What is 360 Degree Video?
Most of the cameras these days are capable enough to capture shoots with 170 degree wide coverage and in case if you want to show the scene behind the camera then it becomes essential to use two 170 degree FOV cameras back to back. Hence, for capturing all six directions in a single footage you may require connecting 6 cameras together while adjusting their focus in different directions. The resultant content is known as 360 degree video. Many smart algorithms have been developed by professionals to get these videos stitched together to develop complete 360 degree content in a single footage. This is something like standing in the centre of a sphere and viewing everything in all directions.
These 360 degree videos have inspired the concept of virtual reality but these equipments are quite expensive. But as soon as the technology is gaining popularity, chances are to get VR gear at lower price in near future.
So, now you may be thinking hard that how this feature is useful for Facebook users. Actually, Facebook has recently enabled its users to upload 360 videos directly to their pages, groups or profiles so that audience can stay engaged. This is really interesting.
How to make and Upload a 360 Degree video on Facebook?
Users can easily develop 360 degree videos with the help of spherical cameras or specially designed applications. As these videos are gaining more and more popularity these days so now spherical cameras are available at very low cost that everyone can buy them. Here is the list of few highly rated Facebook compatible 360 degree cameras:
- IC Realtech ALLie
- LG 360 Cam
- Samsung Gear 360
- Giroptic 360 Cam
- Ricoh Theta S
All these cameras are capable enough to develop 360 degree footage with ease.
Most of the reviewers till now have recommended 360Fly for Facebook 360 videos due to its compact size and handy features. Its performance is somewhere linked to GoPro quality. This camera unit is currently available in two models: 360 Camera with 4K ability at $356.69 and 360 HD camera with price tag of $219.95 only. This camera can easily develop Facebook compatible content.
In case if you are using any other device to capture your 360 degree videos then you may need to make manual adjustments for your 360 video formats.
Here are few simple to follow steps to upload 360 degree videos on Facebook:
Step 1: Users need to follow the same steps as they usually follow to add normal videos to their facebook pages.
Step 2: Before you hit the publish button on your screen, go to the Advanced Tab.
Step 3: Now select the option “This video is recorded in 360 degree format”. It will help your app to generate automated control for 360 degree content.
Step 4: Go to 360 degree control tab and make settings for field or view as well as more initial camera orientations.
Step 5: Finally hit the Publish option.
Note that Facebook 360 live platform allows maximum 30 minutes for a 360 degree video and the maxim supported file size goes up to 5GB only. So you can prepare your media file accordingly.
Introducing Facebook 360 for Gear VR:
As now, it is possible to add 360 degree videos on Facebook so people these days are searching for new formats. These 360 degree videos can capture thrills and action from sports games or can show you things that are happening behind the camera. They can also help viewers to explore various beautiful locations throughout the world.
You will be glad to know that Facebook 360 is now compatible with Samsung Gear VR device, as earlier it was supposed to work only on iOS platform. So now you can explore the world of 360 videos with ease.
How it works?
If you are ready to download your Facebook 360 app on your Samsung Gear VR then visit Oculus app and initiate search for Facebook 360. As soon as it gets downloaded then launch it on your device. This app will show you four basic features:
Explore: It will help users to discover many interesting 360 videos or photos that are already updated by individual creators or big organizations.
Following: It will assist you to go through the 360 content that your friends have recently updated on Facebook 360 app.
Saved: With this feature users can get connected to their saved 360 degree content.
Timeline: When you are ready to update your own 360 degree videos or wish to go through your earlier updates then visit Timeline.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Facebook Guide
- 1. About Facebook+
- 1.1 Everything About Facebook
- 1.2 Top 5 New Facebook Features in 2017 You Should Know
- 1.3 Everything About Facebook Live Split Screen You Should Know
- 2. Facebook Alternatives+
- 3. Facebook Live+
- 3.1 How to Live Stream 360 Video on Facebook
- 3.2 Top 8 Tips and Tricks for Mastering Facebook Live
- 3.3 How to live stream to Facebook with wirecast
- 3.4 How to livestream on Facebook from android and iOS
- 3.5 How to live stream game to Facebook via Xsplit
- 3.6 How to live stream Facebook from PC, Mac or Laptop with OBS
- 3.7 How to Use DSLR for Facebook Live on your PC or Mac
- 3.8 How to Live Stream Xbox to Facebook Live
- 3.9 How to Stream iOS Android Screen, Games or Apps to Facebook Live
- 3.10 How to live stream to facebook from DJI Drone
- 4. Facebook 360+
- 4.1 What is Facebook 360 Video
- 4.2 How to Post 360 Photos on iOS/Android to Facebook
- 4.3 How to take 360 Videos on iPhone for Facebook
- 5. Facebook Video Download+
- 5.1 Top 10 Facebook Video Downloaders for Android
- 5.2 Top 5 Facebook Video Downloader for iOS
- 5.3 Top 5 Online Facebook Video Downloader
- 5.4 How to Download Facebook Videos on Wins/Mac
- 6. Facebook Video Editing+
- 6.1 Facebook Video Maker: How to Make Facebook Video
- 6.2 How to Make your Profile Video More Attractive
- 6.3 How to Watermark Your Facebook Photos/Videos
- 6.4 How to Easily Create Captions and Subtitles for Facebook Videos
- 6.5 How to Create and Change Video Cover on Facebook
- 6.6 How to Change Facebook Cover Photo
- 6.7 Top 10 Best Online Facebook Cover Photo Makers
- 6.8 Top 10 Best Free Video Editors for Facebook Video Ads
- 6.9 How to Make Better Facebook Video Ads
- 6.10 How to Use Facebook Slideshow to Make a Video
- 7. Facebook Tips+