- Final Cut Pro User Guide
- 1. Alternatives
- 1.1 The Best FCP Alternative for Mac
- 1.2 Final Cut Pro vs Adobe Premiere
- 2. Basic Editing+
- 2.1 Top 5 Final Cut Pro Editing Tips You Should Know
- 2.2 What is Ripple Editing and How to Use it
- 2.3 How to rotate/flip a video in FCP
- 2.4 How to reverse/rewind clips in FCP
- 2.5 How to Crop an Image in FCP
- 2.6 How to Add Titles in FCP
- 2.7 How to Add Effects in FCP
- 3. Advanced Editing+
- 3.1 How to make a timelapse video in FCP
- 3.2 How to record voiceover with FCP
- 3.3 How to edit audio in FCP
- 3.4 How to fade in/out audio in FCP
- 3.5 How to add transitions in FCP
- 3.6 Color grading and correction in FCP
- 3.7 How to make Freeze-Frames and Slow Motion
- 3.8 How to Create the Ken Burns Effect
- 3.9 How to Create a Picture-in-Picture Effect
- 3.10 How to Create a Chroma-Key Effect
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Troubleshooting Tips
- 4.2 Top 40 Keyboard Shortcuts for FCP X
- 4.3 10 Cool Plugins for FCP X
- 4.4 Top 10 Famous Movies Made By Final Cut Pro
3 Ways To Add Transitions In Final Cut Pro
When professionals edit their video films, they often need to switch directly between different recorded scenes to create customized outcome at the end. If these transitions between different scenes are not well optimized then definitely they will affect flow of film and make it appear annoying with little blanking period in between. If you make use of Final Cut Pro for video editing then it becomes much easier to adjust these transitions so that edited films can run smoothly. The information below will help you to get complete knowledge about managing transitions in videos using FCP.
Those who are not familiar with Final Cut Pro platform and finding it little complex as an beginner can switch to Wondershare Filmora for Mac as it is one of the most easiest professional tool available from Mac devices. This software is loaded with all powerful features and possess interactive user interface for those who are just starting out with Video Editing.
You may also like: How to add effects in Final Cut Pro >>
3 Ways to add or modify the transitions in Final Cut Pro:
- Part 1: Using Shortcut to Apply Transitions >>
- Part 2: Use Browser to Apply Transition >>
- Part 3: Use Menu Bar to Apply Transition >>
Part 1: Using Shortcut to Apply Transitions:
It is possible to apply transitions with a simple shortcut; all that you need to do is either blade your video clip into several scenes as per need or add two or more different scenes to be joined to your software timeline. It is desired because transition effect can be applied only if you have more than one clip on timeline.
Once you have obtained your two scenes for which you need to add transition effect then select the very first scene from timeline. Now open Video animation window on your device, it can be done by pressing Shift+V; find the Compositing option and then apply default transitions by simply dragging timeline handle towards both sides of composite window. In FCP, Cross dissolve will be selected as default transition.
Part 2: Use Browser to Apply Transition:
- Go to media toolbar and then hit transition icon. It can be identified as shaded box over which X is written.
- Now choose your favourite transition from Browser and drag it to your timeline.
- It is time to place the dragged transition between two video clips that you need to edit here.
In order to change the duration of transition:
- Simply right click on timeline and select Change duration option.
- It can be selected from Ctrl+D options also.
- You can use precision editor option to adjust transition duration.
- Users can also edit preferences for transition on Final Cut Pro software tool as per need.
Part 3: Use Menu Bar to Apply Transition:
- Click on the available cut between two clips on your timeline.
- Now from appeared menu bar select Edit and then choose Add Cross Dissolve for your transitions.
Related article: How to fade in/out audio in FCP >>
It is much easier to use Final Cut Pro for audio fade in and out needs. This advanced software tool can be operated with simple to remember keyboard shortcuts and even beginners can develop new customized projects using it.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>