- Final Cut Pro User Guide
- 1. Alternatives
- 1.1 The Best FCP Alternative for Mac
- 1.2 Final Cut Pro vs Adobe Premiere
- 2. Basic Editing+
- 2.1 Top 5 Final Cut Pro Editing Tips You Should Know
- 2.2 What is Ripple Editing and How to Use it
- 2.3 How to rotate/flip a video in FCP
- 2.4 How to reverse/rewind clips in FCP
- 2.5 How to Crop an Image in FCP
- 2.6 How to Add Titles in FCP
- 2.7 How to Add Effects in FCP
- 3. Advanced Editing+
- 3.1 How to make a timelapse video in FCP
- 3.2 How to record voiceover with FCP
- 3.3 How to edit audio in FCP
- 3.4 How to fade in/out audio in FCP
- 3.5 How to add transitions in FCP
- 3.6 Color grading and correction in FCP
- 3.7 How to make Freeze-Frames and Slow Motion
- 3.9 How to Create a Picture-in-Picture Effect
- 3.10 How to Create a Chroma-Key Effect
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Troubleshooting Tips
- 4.2 Top 40 Keyboard Shortcuts for FCP X
- 4.3 10 Cool Plugins for FCP X
- 4.4 Top 10 Famous Movies Made By Final Cut Pro
The Best Final Cut Pro Alternative for Mac
Final Cut usually refers to Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express. And both obviously work great in Mac because they are designed by Apple. However, Final Cut Express has been discontinued in June 2011. Here, you may find a simpler Final Cut Pro alternative or Final Cut Express alternative that's both cheaper and easier to use for video editing (Mountain Lion, Lion supported). Here recommend you 2 simpler Final Cut Pro alternatives.
Recommendation 1: Powerful Video Editing Software
A helpful option is our own Wondershare Filmora . It simplifies video editing workflow in Mac and is provided for a cheap price (only $39.99). Wondershare Video Editing not only comes with all common video editing tools including trimming, cropping, rotating, merging, etc., but also many advanced and useful features like visual effects, transition, motion, and so forth. What's most important is that you are able to share video quickly and easily on computer, device, YouTube, and DVD. It could be your favorite Final Cut alternative (Mountain Lion included).
If you want to have an online solution, Filmora video trimmer is a free online tool that can help you trim video instantly. You can upload your video from computer and video link with drag-and-drop. It is easy to use with the slider or just input specific start and end times for precise trim. It also supports various importing and exporting video format, including .mp4, .mov, .wemb, .mpeg, .flv. More importantly, the exported video is free of watermark. It is definitely worth a try!
Note: If you're using Windows, also try Final Cut Pro alternative for Windows for free. Now learn more about the great Final Cut Pro alternative - Wondershare Filmora Video Editor for Win.
1 Import video, audio or photo to this Final Cut Pro alternative
Like all Mac applications, Video Editor comes with an intuitive and drag-and-drop interface. You can easily drag and drop content to edit immediately. And this app supportsa broad range of video/audio/photo formats.
The video/audio/photo formats supported:
- Video Formats: MOV, MP4, M4V, TS, TRP, M2TS, MTS, TP, FLV, AVI, DAT, MKV, DV, MOD, TOD, 3GP, MPG, etc.
- Audio Formats: M4A, AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFF, WAV, AU, FLAC, MKA, MP2, MP3, etc.
- Image Formats: BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, ICO
2 Edit video, audio or photo files
Due to its intuitive interface, so whatever you want to, you will find the right tool with little hassle, including visual effects, transitions, titles, trimming, cropping, rotating, audio editing.
The audio editing feature is important to Final Cut Pro alternative for Mac. Video Editor includes easy to use audio tools. Whatever it's the audio track of video, voiceover or background music, you can find the right tools to edit it in no time.
3 Share on YouTube, computer, DVD and anywhere
Filmora for Mac(Originally Wondershare Video Editor for Mac) allows you to share videos virtually anywhere. All creations retains the original quality of source files to the most extent. Many customizable options are also provided to suit your needs.
- Format: Save videos to local in different formats like MOV, MP4, M4V, MKV, WMV, FLV, etc.
- Device: Play your video on mobile devices like iPod, iPhone 4, iPad, Zen, Zune, PSP, etc.
- YouTube: Directly upload videos to YouTube, with options to post messages on your Twitter and Facebook account.
- DVD: Burn videos to DVD with built-in tools or save as DVD media,DVD folder or ISO image files to burn with other tools.
Hope Filmora Video Editor is your favorite Final Cut Pro alternative for Mac (Mountain Lion included). And if you've found a better program like Final Cut Pro for Mac, welcome to share with us in the comment.
Recommendation 2: All-in-One Video Editing Software
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is a good video editing Software, you can very easliy create the perfect home movie with this powerful editing software. More importantly is, the software includes a lot of other very good functions:
- Great Editing Functions, Enhance & Personalize Your Videos File.
- Convert any video to editable format for editing.
- Burn video almost in any format,customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- APEXTRANS technology converts files 30x faster than competitor products.
- Download videos from another 1000+ video sharing sites with One Click!
- Easily record streaming online videos
- Streaming Your Media to TV.
- Transfer Video Without USB Cable.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista/2003, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>