Immersing yourself in a story is one of the most rewarding aspects of video games, regardless of where you end up. Whether set in a fantasy world, in a Western setting, or in modern times, action-adventure games allow players to embark on an epic journey, regardless of the setting. Here you'll find some of the best action-adventure games of all time. Fasten your seat belts and get ready to enjoy some fantastic action-adventure games.
Unfortunately, we could not include all of the greatest video games here due to space limitations, so if your favorite video game isn't on this list, you shouldn't be surprised. Despite this, we made sure to include games that would appeal to everyone.
1.Grand Theft Auto V
Even though it was released in 2013, it is still the most popular game of all time in 2021. Players have always enjoyed a great deal of freedom in GTA games, but GTA V took things to the next level. Whether you want to drive a car, shoot some baddies, fly a helicopter, go to the movies, play golf, or just relax, the possibilities are almost endless.
The story of Grand Theft Auto V revolves around a group of three characters involved in a plot, which includes major characters such as the Federal Investigation Bureau, the International Affairs Agency, and the Merryweather private army. If you manage to complete the story mode, learn all skills, upgrade and master all weapons, and finish all side missions, the fun never really ends because the online mode is updated constantly and occasionally has events.
• There's never a dull moment with this engaging and addictive story.
• A realistic and enormous open-world environment.
• You can customize tons of weapons in this game.
• Tons of exclusive multiplayer content continually updated online.
2.Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
The Uncharted 4 game is an action-packed adventure filled with elements that make a great action title.
As the Drake brothers hunt for the long-lost pirate treasure, the game tells the story of the brothers and their adventures. As they travel, they will contact dangerous people who will need their help, and they will encounter puzzles that require their sharpest minds to complete. You will be able to explore beautiful locations and enjoy detailed graphics and an excellent narrative to go with the game. It may be disappointing for some that this game is exclusive to PlayStation 4, but if you haven't played it yet, it wouldn't be unreasonable to consider picking up the console just for this one title - it's one of the most popular PS4 games right now.
• Adventures involving seasoned treasure hunters provide an addictive storyline.
• A variety of activities are included, such as climbing, shooting, exploring, and sneaking.
• Smooth animations and stunning graphics make the game feel very realistic.
• It features a multiplayer mode for up to ten players and several modes of play.
There are few stories as well-told as that in Mafia III. It was brilliant to tackle the story in a documentary format; the brilliant performances of the cast added even more depth to the story. Unfortunately, Mafia III is immensely boring and by-the-numbers in its gameplay. As a result of the busy work required to unlock the best parts of the game, it can be a chore.
• You can tear down the Italian Mafia your way, whether by brute force or guns blazing.
• Every neighborhood has its unique flavor, from the business district to the bayou.
• Create a new criminal family of your own.
4.RESIDENT EVIL 4
Resident Evil 4 is a full-fledged action-adventure game that abandons Resident Evil's survival horror roots. Yet, rather than complaining, fans were thrilled with one of Capcom's finest games. And it's had an enormous and long-lasting effect too. Why are there so many third-person games with over-the-shoulder cameras? This can be attributed to RE4, which was so brilliant.
There is a lot of boulder-punching fun to be had in Resident EThis weird antagonist is transformed into a giant robot thanks to its panicking shootouts, action scenes, and puzzles. Several giant sharks in a lake! A massive Troll-like creature! The weird antagonist as a giant robot! Capcom never stops throwing exciting set-pieces at you, even though it lasts much longer than most single-player games do.
A strange villager assaults your house, followed by the sound of a chainsaw cutting through your defenses, just like in Night of the Living Dead. The sections where you have to defend Ashley are indeed annoying, but Resident Evil 4 remains the pinnacle of the series. It's a must-play regardless of when you play it.
• A great action-adventure game.
• Great graphics and cinematics.
• The survival factor of the game makes it the greatest of all times.
• Different difficulty modes of the game make it a perfect choice for everyone.
5.God of War
Kratos and his son Atreus pursue the last wish granted by his dead wife to Fulfill their former God of War's wife in the epic God of War. The game features a big emphasis on Norse mythology. It lets you explore ancient Norway in the realm of Midgard, where you'll face danger from mythological beasts and Norse gods themselves who try to prevent you from demolishing the forbidden lands. Fast-paced combat in the title rewards combos and landing hits, but also character development needs to be considered.
• Featuring a world based on Norse mythology.
• A combat system that is fluid and dynamic in third-person.
• With large maps and hidden collectibles, you'll want to explore them thoroughly.
• Stunning visuals that make the game so much more enjoyable.
6.Red Dead Redemption 2
Despite similarities to Grand Theft Auto V, saying that RDR 2 is just GTA restyled with an entirely different plot and a group of characters would be misleading at best. It's accomplished to the point that you can watch people do their chores realistically and observe how they lead their busy lives from dusk till dawn in a very realistic manner, thanks to the large open-world of the game. The satisfying gunplay and the complex interactions with the world are among the gameplay highlights, which react to your actions.
• A touching story with some memorable moments.
• With a high level of detail, these visuals are exceptional.
• It is a vast open-world with its own self-contained world.
• We are able to use a large variety of weapons, from simple knives to tomahawks to shotguns and revolvers.
7.The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Seeing how many people regard it as one of the best action-adventure games ever made, it's easy to see why it was included on the list of the best games ever made. In The Witcher, a mutant hired to undo hexes and hunt down folklore beasts is forced to undertake a life of crime. The story is based on a series of Polish novels.
While Geralt's journey concludes with this third and final installment, the biggest battle that will determine the planet's future lies ahead, and your choice will determine how it will end. Despite being a classic action RPG, the game is so polished that nothing can make it better than what it already is. In a vast living open world, players will find dozens of mysterious places, fight mythical beasts, find powerful loot, and fight the most dangerous creatures that threaten humanity's very existence. In the evening, after battling hostile creatures all day, you can take a break, visit a local tavern, and play a relaxing game of Gwent with the locals.
• It is set in a beautiful fantasy world, where players can make their own choices.
• Melee attacks, magic spells, and decoctions are used in this form of combat.
• The players are able to explore a believable open world freely.
• The character progression system will have skill trees, equipment management, and an experience system.
8.Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
The snake returns to the surface, but his body is weak and he has suffered a lot. Having awoken from his nine-year coma after the events of Ground Zero, the Big Boss has yet another dangerous mission ahead of him.
As you explore Afghanistan and Central Africa during the year 1975, you will be challenged with some of the most difficult tasks. Infiltrating the enemy's ranks requires a degree of stealth and the game stresses this by giving the protagonist the skills to sneak, hide bodies, make silent takedowns, and equip him with some tranquilizer darts and decoys. It is entirely possible, but discouraged, to go full Rambo.
• There is a lot of action in this dynamic third-person game.
• Visually stunning landmarks in a vast open-world.
• Taking a more cautious approach and focusing on stealth play.
• The best voice actors in the world.
9.Shadow of the Colossus
As you might have guessed, Shadow of the Colossus involves exploring an open landscape searching for giant and powerful colossi.
The gameplay follows the journey of a man trying to restore life to a young girl called Mono in this remake of a 2005 production. To fulfill his wish, he must find and defeat several powerful colossi roaming the land to find and defeat the mysterious entity. It's asymmetrical gameplay in that you explore the area and fight with the colossi - each one is more powerful than the last, and there isn't one definitive way to overcome them. Often, harder bosses will require the use of the environment against them to figure out their weak spots.
• An environment with a vast amount of open space.
• Boss fights are the only focus of the gameplay.
• Combat system based on skills.
• It's like a mini-game to scale colossi with a stamina gauge.
Return to the Borderlands universe in style. Start a new epic adventure where every skill you have is as important as your character's. Earn experience by exploring the world to make your avatar stronger and more effective at using guns or magic-like abilities. Take advantage of rare loot and powerful weapons to deal havoc with anyone who crosses your path. The game is unique in many ways, including its visual style - its comic-like art style is the series' most recognizable trait. Still, its humorous dialogues and puns also deserve recognition.
• In this action-packed story, the events of Borderlands 1 have been built upon.
• A skill tree for each of the four character classes.
• Players will find increasingly powerful weapons and equipment throughout the game through a random loot system.
• A great dose of humor and many memorable characters.
So this is the list of the 10 best action-adventure games that you must play. You might feel that some games are missing in this list, but there was a slot of 10 games only as discussed earlier. If you're looking to kill some time while doing quality gaming, you'll enjoy all the games listed above.