TikTok is a famous social media platform that helps individuals to get entertainment and awareness through short videos. There are various means in TikTok through which you can increase your global reach for the audience.
You can add links to your TikTok bio to help your followers to connect with you on other social media platforms or your brand website. If you are unaware of how to add a website to TikTok, this article consists of all the required details.
In this article
Part 1: What Does “Link in TikTok Bio” Mean?
TikTok provides various opportunities to expand business and brand awareness. To do so, users can add a link to their TikTok bio in their profiles of TikTok account. The added link in the TikTok bio can be used to direct people to external websites such as personal blog sites. If you are an influencer on TikTok, you can add links to your bio to provide additional information and content to your followers.
If you are using an individual TikTok account, you can only add links to Instagram and YouTube to your TikTok bio. However, if you are utilizing the business account of TikTok, you can also add your email address and other websites as links.
Part 2: Why is It Important to Add a Link to TikTok Bio?
Do you know why people add links to their TikTok bio? Adding links to TikTok bio can benefit you in various ways. To learn about its advantages, proceed to the following section.
- Indirect Promotion: If you have a blog site, e-commerce store, or an official website of your organization, you can execute indirect promotion through TikTok. On your TikTok bio, you can add a related link that can lead your followers to learn about your websites.
- Sharing a Specific Post: To increase the number of views on a specific post or video, you can add its link to your TikTok bio. By doing so, your followers on TikTok can use this link to see that specific post or video.
- Increase Followers on Social Media Platforms: Many famous celebrities add links to their other social media platforms to their TikTok bios. If you want to enhance the followers and viewers on Instagram or YouTube, you can add a link to the TikTok bio.
- Increase Brand Awareness: If you have newly launched your product or brand, you must add its links to your TikTok bio. This can be a great way to introduce your product to your TikTok audience. Moreover, it will help you in spreading your brand’s awareness.
- Enhance Product Sales: Many TikTok users run sales of a specific product to earn a commission. If you want to hike up the sales of your promoting product, you can add a link to your TikTok bio. This will assist you in enhancing the product’s sales efficiently.
Part 3: How to Add Link in TikTok?
Adding a link in the bio is extremely simple and easy. In this part of the article, we will address how to add a link to TikTok bio on both individual and business accounts.
A Quick Guide:
Steps to Add Link to TikTok Bio on Individual Accounts
On individual TikTok accounts, you can only add links to Instagram and YouTube on the TikTok bio. To do so, here are the accurate steps:
Step 1: On TikTok, tap on “Profile” and then select the “Edit Profile/Set up Profile” button.
Step 2: Afterward, select “Add Instagram” and “Add YouTube” one by one from the “Social” section. By doing so, you can add a link to your Instagram and YouTube profiles to your TikTok bio.
Steps to Add Link to TikTok Bio on Business Accounts
On TikTok business accounts, you have no limitation in adding links to the TikTok bio. You can easily add your email address and links to blog sites along with social media platforms. Here are the detailed steps on how to add clickable links to TikTok bio on business accounts instantly.
Step 1: If you want to switch from your individual to a business account, navigate to your Account settings. Tap on “Account” and select "Switch to Business Account."
Step 2: Once done, go to your Profile and choose "Edit Profie/Set Up Profile." Afterward, tap on “Website” and add the desired link to your TikTok bio.
Part 4: What If You Can’t See the Option to Add a Link to Your TikTok Bio?
Are you unable to add a link to the TikTok bio? In this section, you can find the possible reasons why you can't see the option of adding a link to your bio:
- Business Account or Individual Account: Individual TikTok accounts have restrictions on adding the website link. If you can’t see the option of adding the link of a website to the TikTok bio, it means you are not using the business account.
- Inadequate Followers: If your business account has less than 1000 followers on your TikTok, you won’t be able to add a website link to your TikTok bio. Once you have achieved 1K followers on your TikTok, you can add website links easily.
- Unavailability in Some Regions: If you have met the above requirements and are still unable to add a website link to your TikTok bio, it means this feature is not available in your region because of location limitations. There are some regions where TikTok business accounts are not available. Only regions like the United States, the UK, and Canada have TikTok business accounts.
- Using TikTok Website: Currently, TikTok only allows users to use the mobile app to add links to their bio. If you are using the website version of TikTok, you cannot add a link to your bio and have to download the mobile version to complete the process.
Adding a link in the TikTok bio can benefit you in promoting your brand or blog site. If you are new to using the TikTok app and want to insert a link to your bio, this article has provided all the detailed steps for this process.
By exploring this article, you have learned how to add a link to the TikTok bio in a detailed manner. Moreover, you also got to know the advantages of adding the website link to TikTok through this guide.