The reversing video effect has been used brilliantly on a number of occasions. This is a trick for YouTube content makers (as well as others) that when used properly, is capable of creating something compelling and memorable.
Learn from the video tutorial below on how you can reverse video with several easy steps
How to reverse a video
1. Get Your Video Editing Software
Here are some software options to consider:
1. Filmora: This great video editing program can be used across platforms as Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows, Android. Beyond the reverse video feature that you are interested in, Filmora can help you to cut, filter, and encode your videos with relative ease. It works with almost all kinds of video types as AVI, DVD, compatible-MPEG, MP4, and MOV, MKV etc. It is the most cost effective video editor that provides you a comprehensive editing features, covering from the basic all the way to high-end editing features.
2. Stupeflix : Stupeflix represents an interesting editing possibility. Although the free version does not come with the ability to make your videos private, you're still looking at something that takes a lot of the complex work associated with video editing out of the equation. This can work with a range of video types, and if you're willing to pay for a personal (five bucks a month) or pro account (twenty-nine bucks a month), you'll get quite a few features. Stupeflix does in fact include the ability to reverse video.
3. Lightworks : This product comes packed with a range of excellent features. Available for Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X, Lightworks can work with just about any file format you can imagine. Even more appealing, it makes importing, rendering, and exporting remarkably easy. Multi-cam editing and comprehensive I/O support. There is a free version of Lightworks that is available, but you are also welcome to purchase more elaborate versions of the software for varying amounts of money.
4. CyberLink PowerDirector 13 : This is one of the most popular video editing software examples to be found anywhere. Although it only works with Windows, it is worth noting that PowerDirector 13 is ready to go to work with the all-new Windows 10. A free trial of PowerDirector 13 is indeed available, and you have the option to purchase the full version for just seventy bucks. You can definitely utilize a reverse video function here.
You may also like: Best video reversing software >>
2. How To Reverse Video
Wondershare Filmora is a great tool to get the effect you are looking for. Let's take a look at how you can use this software to create a reverse video effect:
- This software supports Windows Vista, 7/8/10 and Mac OS
- It performs one step operation and provides fast results for reversal conversion.
- Enables you to crop, trim, cut, split and combine in a few clicks.
- Various filter and visual effects to touch up your video.
- Exclusive Action Cam Tool allows you to cut and merge large action cam footages within minutes
- It is available for free download.
Step 1: Import video files
After you download Filmora video editor, open it and enter the editing interface by clicking on "Full feature mode", then, import the video files into the program. Drag and drog the video clip you want to reverse into the timeline.
Step 2: Play video clips in reverse
Hit the "Edit button, or right click on the clip in the timeline. A tool window will be opened, check the "Play video clip in reverse option", then your video clip will be rewinded in seconds. You can check the result in the preview window.
Step 3: Save and export
Now, you can also add other features like, crop, cut, PIP, Green screen, rotate, text, elements, transitions, etc. to your video clip. Hit Export > Create video > Choose a video format you like, or directly upload it into your YouTube account.