- Video editing guide for beginners
- 1.Basic video editing tips
- 1.1 How to Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 1.2 How to Edit Video Footage
- 1.3 How to Edit Video Brightness
- 1.4 How to flip a video
- 1.5 How to shrink a video file
- 1.6 How to cut and join multiple formats
- 1.7 How to merge videos
- 1.8 How to combine videos
- 1.9 How to Make a Video Without a Camera
- 1.10 How to Shorten a Video Clip
- 2.Advanced video editing tips
- See more
How to Flip Video Quickly and Easily
It’s very common that you filmed some amazing portrait or landscape videos but in the wrong direction. This is an error made by many people because not everyone will always think about orientation when filming. Is there an easy way to flip/rotate video so that you can watch them without turning your head sideways?
What you need is just a professional video editor like Wondershare Filmora9 (Latest Filmora version 9) to flip/rotate your video clips easily and quickly. This application offers a remarkably easy way to flip videos clockwise or anticlockwise, horizontal or vertical. What’s more, this flip software also offers a broad range of video editing features, effects and intro/credits. In the following, I’ll describe how to flip a video in Windows using this video flip program. If you’re a Mac user, just adopt Wondershare Filmora9 for Mac (Latest Filmora version 9 for Mac) to achieve the same. First, please download Filmora9 for free as per your operating system and then follow the steps below.
1. Import Your Original Video Clips
After launching Filmora9, click "New Project" to begin. Click "Import" to browse your file folder on computer or drag the video clips directly into the media library. When you import all of them, click the thumbnails showing in the left pane to preview in the right screen window. Note that this video editor supports an array of video & audio formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, DV, avchd (MTS, M2TS). And still image files like JPG, BMP, JPEG, PNG. TIFF are all fully compatible. And then drag your video files from media library to the video Timeline.
2. Flip the Whole Video
Then double click the video in the timeline to access the editing panel. In the window that appears, switch to Video tab and you will find Transform option located on the top. Click on the Transform to expand the four options including Rotate, Flip, Scale and Position. To get the effect you need, you can adjust the Rotate and Flip settings and check the real-time effect in the previewing window. Though only four buttons available, you can create more options by using them together.
- Rotate: rotate video at any angle by entering the angle value or moving the Rotate slide: rotate 90° clockwise & anti-clockwise, rotate at 180°, rotate 270°, and more
- Flip: Flip video horizontally, i.e. flip video left to right; flip video vertically that is fliping video upside down
- You can combine Rotate and Flip feature to flip video vertically and rotate 90°clockwise or flip video vertically and rotate 90°counterclockwise.
Besides, you can also change the video position and the video scale. This is the step of flips the whole part of the video.
3. Flip Only a Part of the Video
Sometimes, you may just need to flip parts of your video file, e.g. only 1 minute instead of the whole video. In this case, you need to split your video into separate files, and then repeat step 2 to flip them individually. To do it, just move the playhead to the position you want to split, and click the "Scissors" icon in the menu bar.
4 Export Flipped Video
When you’re satisfied with the result, click "Export" in the middle right to save the flipped video. In the pop-up output window that appears, select your wanted format or configured preset for your portable player directly to watch on the go.
You may also want to upload your creation to YouTube or burn to DVD disc for better preserving, just go for it. Finally click Export to let this video flip program perform the rest.
With the latest Filmora9 video editor, you can do more than just flipping video files. For example, you can apply special effects, add background music, create picture-in-picture effect, and more. Try it now!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>