- Video editing guide for beginners
- 1.Basic video editing tips
- 1.1 How to Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 1.2 How to Edit Video Footage
- 1.3 How to Edit Video Brightness
- 1.4 How to flip a video
- 1.5 How to shrink a video file
- 1.6 How to cut and join multiple formats
- 1.7 How to merge videos
- 1.8 How to combine videos
- 1.9 How to Make a Video Without a Camera
- 1.10 How to Shorten a Video Clip
- 2.Advanced video editing tips
- See more
Best Free Video Cutters and Joiners for Beginners
Do you want to cut some unwanted elements from a video you just shot, downloaded from online video sharing sites like youtube, or recorded from TV?
Are you planning to extract some highlights and key messages from hours of raw footage and join them in your research project presentation?
Cutting and joining video clips can be done very fast without losing any of the quality if you use the right tools. In this article, you will see how Wondershare Video cutter and joiner lets you cut and join the best of your original footage and then make these clips available on any video sharing sites like youtube, Facebook, Vimeo etc., various mobile devices, DVDs and more.
What are the common problems people often face when they cut and join videos?
Before diving into how to cut and join videos with Wondershare video cutter and joiner, we want you to get a glimpse of problems people often face when they deal with this issue so that you will be having a clearer idea as to what kind of video cutter and joiner you are really looking for.
Often, instead of solving your problem, the choice of a wrong tool can cause you much more headaches, such as:
- Poor-designed user interface, tool is very difficult to use
- Only supports running on limited Windows OS such as Windows 7, not applicable for Windows 8, no Mac verison
- It takes an eternity for two videos clips to be merged
- Very few video formats supported/ only videos with same formats can be merged
- Only videos with the same aspect ratio can be merged
- Poor quality on the output/resulting file, serious loss of quality from the sourcing files
- Painful to export to multiple devices
In light of those above mentioned reasons, it is wise for you to identify the following points before you move forward with your endeavor:
- The Operation system of your computer, a Windows 7, or Windows8, Mac OS 10.11?
- The formats of your source video clips, .mp4, .avi, .flv or any other formats?
- To what device you are planning to export your resulting file to/play your resulting file on?
Follow this process we are about to outline and you will have no issues with your video chopping and merging experience. It is worth mentioning that this video cutting and joining tool works on all Windows OS (Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista), Mac OS (OS X 10.7 or later).
Input video formats supported: AVI, DV, DIF, NUT, H261, H264, NSV, FLV, MKV, MP4, M4V, PSP, 3GP, MOV, MPG, MPEG, VOB, DAT, EVO, RM, RMVB, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, WMV, ASF, DVR-MS
Output video formats supported: WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, MP4 Video(AVC), MP4 Video(Xvid), MP4 Video(MC), ASF, M4V, Xvid, DV, MPEG-1 NTSC, MPEG-1 PAL, MPEG-1 SECAM, MPEG-2 NTSC, MPEG-2 PAL, MPEG-2 SECAM, DVD-Video NTSC, DVD-Video PAL, HTML5, DVD-Video SECAM, MP3
How to Cut and Join any Video clips?
To get started, download Wondershare Video Cutter and Joiner, and then install the file on your computer. Once you have the program open, enter the “Full Feature Mode”.
1. Cut Video
First, click the “Import” button and choose the source video file from your local hard drive, then drag and drop the file on the timeline below.
(Move your Cursor to the timeline, and drag it towards left or right to squeeze or expand unit time for precise video cutting.)
Find the part you’d want, then move the “Cutting Divide line”(the white line with a blue arrow) to the starting point of the wanted clip, click the scissor button now.
Move the “Cutting Divide line” again to the ending point of your wanted clip, further click the scissor button again.
Now you’ve successfully separated your video clips, just delete all other remaining clips (move the cursor on related clips and right-click, choose “Delete”) and click the “Export” button.
There you go! Your video is now successfully cut.
2. Join Video
Import all your source files to Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor). Then Drag the clips to the timeline in order. You can also cut unwanted content by referring to the cutting guide showed above. Then click “Export”.
3. Save&Share the chopped and merged video
Videos cut and joined by Wondershare Video cutting and joining tool can be exported to a variety of mobile devices or online video sharing directly, or export to DVDs. Giving you flexibilities to share the edited video anywhere!
The above are tips to cut and merge video clips, click here to know more about Wondershare Video Cutter and Joiner. Download the free trial version below.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>