YouTube is compatible to all devices such as smartphones, tablets and computers. However, when the screen is too small, so does the video, which makes the watching experience full of inconvenience. There are times that you need to move your devices in order for you to get the perfect angle and make your watching fun and smooth.
Yet, did you know that you could possibly rotate YouTube videos either downloaded or viewed ones, to the angle you are comfortable watching? Here is how.
How to Rotate YouTube videos
Using YouTube Video Editor to Roate YouTube Videos
YouTube has a built-in video editor where you can rotate YouTube video. Here are the ways on how you can successfully rotate a YouTube video online.
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click the dropdown located beside your profile's thumbnail that can be found in your dashboard.
- Once you have successfully clicked the dropdown menu, you can now search for the video that you want to rotate.
- When you have already found the video, you can now click the Edit button that can easily be found under the thumbnail of the video.
- In the Edit section, choose the Enhancements tab.
- You can find in the lower right part of the video preview the arrows for rotate right and rotate left.
- Then, after choosing, you have successfully rotated the video.
Check this video tutorial to know how to rotate/flip YouTube video with YouTube Video Editor
Cons of YouTube Video Editor
- One of its disadvantages of using YouTube Video Editor is that the features are basic. In addition, since you are doing it online, you need to keep on refreshing the page whenever you are making some changes in your video, which eats a lot of time.
- Another disadvantage of YouTube Video Editor is that you have to get access to internet, or you can't edit the videos.
- Import the video.
- To rotate the video, double click it on the timeline.
- The editing panel will appear and you will be able to see the rotation options.
- There are four buttons. You can rotate the videos in 90 degrees, 180 degrees and 270 degrees.
- Export the video that you have rotated.
- Import the video.
- Click the video then select the rotate button that is found at the toolbar.
- Save the video after rotating on the right angle.
- Click the square box that can be found on the video, which is situated at its end.
- The pan pop up will appear and you will be able to see the slider bar.
- At the slider bar, you can see the options rotation, position and key frame inter.
- Under the rotation section, you can enter the angle that you want to rotate the video then hit enter once you have entered the word angle.
- Launch Adobe Premiere.
- Start or open a project.
- Import the video.
- Drag the video to the timeline.
- Then, access Effects Control Lab.
- Find the option for rotation, which is located under the Motion option.
- Rotate the video to your desired angle.
Rotate YouTube Videos by other editing software
When you have downloaded a YouTube video, you can also change the rotation by making use of software made for video editing such as Wondershare Filmora , Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Adobe Premier. These soft wares are perfect for editing your videos either you want to enhance it or change the rotation.
1. Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is a video editing tool that you can use whenever you would want to rotate or edit videos to make it look interesting.
2. Windows Movie Maker
Made by Microsoft, which Windows Movie Maker is a video editing software.
3. Sony Vegas Movie Studio
Sony Vegas Movie Studio is video editing software made for PC. Before it is knows as Sonic Foundry VideoFactory and Sony Screenblast Movie Studio.
4. Adobe Premiere
Adobe Premier is video editing software that is time-line based and is included in the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Whether you are watching YouTube videos online or you have downloaded it, you can feasibly rotate the videos on the angle that you want and it will be successful if you know how to do it.