- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips
- 8. YouTube Ultimate Guide
How to Rotate YouTube Videos
YouTube is compatible to all devices such as smartphones, tablets and computers. However, when the screen is too small, so does the video, which makes the watching experience full of inconvenience. Sometimes, you may need to rotate the video left/right 90 degrees or 180 degrees. To rotate the YouTube video when you watching it, you can move your devices in order for you to get the perfect angle and make your watching fun and smooth. Yet, did you know that you could possibly rotate YouTube videos either downloaded or before uploading, to the angle you are comfortable watching? Here is how.
- Using YouTube Video Editor to Rotate Videos After Uploading
- Rotate YouTube Videos by Best YouTube Video Editor Alternatives
Using YouTube Video Editor to Roate YouTube Videos
Note: After updating in 2017 September, you cannot rotate a video on YouTube Enhancement. If you need to rotate a video, you should rotate the video before uploading it to YouTube.
YouTube has a built-in video editor where you can rotate YouTube video. Here are the ways on how you can successfully rotate a YouTube video online.
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click the dropdown located beside your profile's thumbnail that can be found in your dashboard.
- Once you have successfully clicked the dropdown menu, you can now search for the video that you want to rotate.
- When you have already found the video, you can now click the Edit button that can easily be found under the thumbnail of the video.
- In the Edit section, choose the Enhancements tab.
- You can find in the lower right part of the video preview the arrows for rotate right and rotate left.
- Then, after choosing, you have successfully rotated the video.
Check this video tutorial to know how to rotate/flip YouTube video with YouTube Video Editor
Cons of YouTube Video Editor
- One of its disadvantages of using YouTube Video Editor is that the features are basic. In addition, since you are doing it online, you need to keep on refreshing the page whenever you are making some changes in your video, which eats a lot of time.
- Another disadvantage of YouTube Video Editor is that you have to get access to internet, or you can't edit the videos.
Rotate YouTube Videos with Best YouTube Video Editor Alternatives [Free & Paid]
It is recommended to rotate the video before uploading to YouTube. But when you have downloaded a YouTube video, you can also change the rotation by making use of software made for video editing such as Wondershare Filmora , Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Adobe Premiere. These softwares are perfect for editing your videos either you want to enhance it or change the rotation.
1. Wondershare Filmora: Best Video Editor for Beginners and Semi-Pros
As one of the best video editor for YouTube beginners and semi-pros, - Wondershare Filmora video editor not only allows you to cut, crop, rotate, reverse videos, but also offers your advanced features like PIP, Green Screen, or audio mixing. What's more, you can find lots of effects for Fashion, gaming, education, tutorial, sports, etc. Check this article to know more. Wondershare Filmora is a video editing tool that you can use on both Windows and Mac you would want to rotate or edit videos to make it look interesting.
How to Rotate YouTube Videos with Filmora Video Editor?
- Import the video.
- To rotate the video, double click it on the timeline.
- The editing panel will appear and you will be able to see the rotation options.
- There are four buttons. You can rotate the videos in 90 degrees, 180 degrees and 270 degrees.
- Export the video that you have rotated.
2. Windows Movie Maker
For windows users who have Windows Movie Maker already installed on the computer, you can rotate the YouTube video with it with ease for Free. Besides rotating, you can edit the YouTube video with more features in Windows Movie Maker, such as combine several clips into one video, mirror and flip video, and reverse videos. For the detailed information, check our guide of How to Edit YouTube videos in Windows Movie Maker.
The steps of rotating a video in Windows Movie Maker is easy:
- Import the video.
- Click the video then select the rotate button that is found at the toolbar.
- Save the video after rotating on the right angle.
3. Sony Vegas Movie Studio
Sony Vegas Movie Studio is video editing software made for PC. Before it is knows as Sonic Foundry VideoFactory and Sony Screenblast Movie Studio.
- Click the square box that can be found on the video, which is situated at its end.
- The pan pop up will appear and you will be able to see the slider bar.
- At the slider bar, you can see the options rotation, position and key frame inter.
- Under the rotation section, you can enter the angle that you want to rotate the video then hit enter once you have entered the word angle.
4. Adobe Premiere: Best video editing software for professionals to rotate YouTube videos
Adobe Premier is video editing software that is time-line based and is included in the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Launch Adobe Premiere.
- Start or open a project.
- Import the video.
- Drag the video to the timeline.
- Then, access Effects Control Lab.
- Find the option for rotation, which is located under the Motion option.
- Rotate the video to your desired angle.
For the detailed information, check How to Rotate videos in Premiere?
Whether you are watching YouTube videos online or you have downloaded it, you can feasibly rotate the videos on the angle that you want and it will be successful if you know how to do it.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>