You are starting a YouTube channel and looking to create a video intro. Then, this article will allow you to experience the magic of Wondershare Filmora in creating a YouTube intro. Wondershare Filmora allows you to access the range of opener templates you can edit to create engaging YouTube intros. This will help to hook up your audience till the end.
But before we learn how to create a YouTube intro, let's understand what makes an Intro creative and exciting.
In this article
Part 1. What Is a Creative YouTube Intro?
A good intro is a crucial feature of a good YouTube video. Whenever a viewer or a subscriber clicks on your video, the YouTube intro is the first thing they see. And a successful channel's secret is to captivate the viewer from the start.
What Goes Into a Creative YouTube Intro?
A good YouTube intro consists of the following qualities:
- Graphic: The intro text will be written on the graphics template.
- Text: This text will be your channel's name. Or, if it's a Vlog, it could be its number. Such as i.e., Vlog #2.
- Images: If you use plain templates, you can add pictures behind them to make them pop up even more.
- Catchy music: To spice up the video and make it more pleasing, the music will be added to hook the audience in the intro section.
You must have an engaging YouTube intro. You will need a few things to create a YouTube intro.
Part 2. What Do You Need to Make a Creative YouTube Intro?
You are all set to engage the audience, then you need the following essentials to create an exemplary YouTube intro:
Requirement 1. Wondershare Filmora
First, you will need to have a good video editor. Wondershare Filmora is the best for editing your videos. It enables you to make creative and appealing videos.
It has a very engaging system UI that allows even novices to quickly get the hang of it. Also, it has a wide range of stock media. Thus, it allows you to access the intro templates and customise features.
Requirement 2. Footage for Intro
When creating content for your YouTube videos, remember that you will also need some footage for your intro. Intros need to be as captivating as possible.
So to hook the audience from the start, you will need an entertaining start. These video clips can be the exciting moments that you cut before the climax or landscapes of the scenery. The choice is yours.
Part 3. Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a YouTube Intro
You can create a YouTube intro in two ways.
- Create a YouTube intro with an opener template.
- By using video clips from your library.
To use both of these methods, you will need Wondershare Filmora. For this, read below to get your hands on it!
Create a YouTube Intro with an opener template
Opener templates are full of fancy graphics and animations that you can change according to your style. The library provides you with the most vibrant and simplest form of opener templates.
Step1 Download Wondershare Filmora
Before all, you need to have access to Filmora. If you don't have then follow the below actions:
- First, download and install the Wondershare Filmora.
- Then, on your PC or Mac, run this application.
Step2 Preview The Intro Template
After downloading the Wondershare Filmora, you must select an intro template. To perform this action, you will need to preview it first as:
- Click on the Title icon above the Import window.
- On the left column, scroll down to Titles > Openers.
- Double-click on any intro template to preview it.
After previewing the opener, we need to insert it into the timeline. Simply click on an intro you like and place it in the timeline below. Here you can edit the Opener.
Step3 Edit The Text
After adding the opener to the timeline, your goal is to type in your text. This text will appear in the intro. To perform this action, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Double-click on the opener added to the timeline.
- This will open the settings menu in the import window.
- Type in the text box your channel's or vlog's name.
- Then change the font of text if you want.
- You can also edit the sub-heading. Here you can write a short description of your video.
- Once you are done typing the text, click on OK to confirm your changes.
After you have typed in the text for your opener, it is time to add some music to it.
Step4 Add Music into Clip
Music will spice up your intro video and give more pleasing effect. To proceed it further, follow the following steps:
- Click on the Audio icon above the import window and Audio library will pop up.
- Here, you can see the variety of Royalty-free music available.
- Browse through the library and choose whatever you like.
- After you have selected the music for your video, click to drop it below your opener in the timeline.
- Trim the music to the length of the opener.
- Play the opener from the start to confirm your changes.
This is how you can create an opener intro for your YouTube videos. Choose the graphics that most suit your video's vibe.
Now that we have learned how to make an opener by template, let's look at how to create an intro using clips in your library.
Create an Intro with Video Clips in Your Library
Wondershare Filmora also allows you to edit your videos to turn them into openers. This will enable your intros to be more personal and unique, giving you the edge of creativity.
Creating an intro by using video clips is an easy task. You just need suitable video clips to use as an intro, and you are good to go.
Follow the steps as mentioned to create an intro using Video clips:
Step1 Import the Video Clips
After downloading Wondershare Filmora, your next step is to import your video clips. To perform this, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- On the Filmora Home Interface, find the Import icon on the top left side and select it.
- This will direct you to your PC library.
- Select the photos and videos you want to edit and click OK.
Step2 Add The Video Clips to the Timeline
Once you have imported clips in the Import window, your next step is simply to add them to the timeline. For this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Drag and select the clips in the import window.
- Then, drop them in the timeline.
Once in the timeline, your video is ready to go into editing mode. But before we insert the template of our intro, we need another step as shown!
Step3 Trim The Video Clips
As it's the intro, we need to trim the video clips, so they are concise. You may have recorded longer video clips, but we need clips that are no longer than 5 seconds.
To trim the video clips, follow the steps mentioned:
- Move the playhead on the video clip to where you want to trim.
- Click on the scissors icon on the Playhead.
This will split your video clip into two parts. Now, you can delete whatever part you like and keep the other one.
When you have trimmed your video clips to your liking, it's time to add the Title text that will act as an intro to your video!
Step4 Add The Title Text
You will need a title template to add text to your video clips. For this,perform the following actions:
- First, click on the Title icon above the import window.
- On the left column explore and browse the animated title as you want.
- Double-click on a title template to preview it.
- Once you have selected the Title template, drag it above the start of your timeline above the video clip and it'll all set.
After you have added the title, the next step is to add your intro text.
Step5 Type The Intro Text
For specifications of the video and ongoing content, you have to tell the audience before starting. For this, you need to type the intro text as shown:
- Double-click on the title template.
- Type in the text you want in the text box.
Play the video clip from the beginning to confirm your changes. Now that we have created a graphic text, it's time to add the audio.
Step6 Add Music
To give more pleasing look and effect, you must add the music into it. Follow the steps below to proceed it further:
- First select the Audio icon above the import window. This will direct you to Filmora's Audio library.
- Browse the library and pick whatever royalty-free music you want.
- After you've chosen the music for your video, drag it to the timeline below the video clip.
- Cut the music to match the length of the intro and it's all done.
Once you are done adding the music, hit the play button to ensure everything is according to your need.
Step7 Export The Video
Its time to export the video and share it with your audience. For this, check below steps:
- Click on the export icon on the top right of the import window.
- This will pop-up another window of settings.
- Select the settings your want your video to be exported in.
- When you are done, click on Export.
- Wait till Filmora finishes exporting your video.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a YouTube intro. Now you can use them freely in your YouTube videos and please your audience.
YouTube intros are a great way to attract the viewer at first glance. The more creative the YouTube Intro is, the more the chances of your video getting views.
By following the steps mentioned in the article above, you can easily create YouTube intros by Wondershare Filmora. Try with new features and stock media to make your video more exemplary!