- YouTube Guide
- Try It Free Try It Free
- 1. Make Money on YouTube+
- 1.1 8 Ways to Make Money on YouTube for Beginners
- 1.2 How to Make Money on YouTube
- 1.3 YouTube Money Calculator
- 2. Best for YouTube Editing+
- 2.1 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 2.2 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
- 2.3 Best YouTube Video Editor Apps for Android
- 2.4 Best 8 YouTube Editing Software for Linux
- 2.5 Best 10 Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 2.6 Free Online Video Editors for YouTube
- 2.7 Free Green Screen Background for YouTube Videos
- 2.8 YouTube Recording Software for Gamers
- 2.9 YouTube App Alternatives
- 2.10 Best Free YouTube Video Editing Apps for iOS
- 2.11 YouTube App for iPhone and Android
- 2.12 YouTube Video Editor Alternatives
- 2.13 Best Websites for Downloading YouTube Intro Templates
- 2.14 Youtube Banners Makers: 10 Online Tools to Create Channel Art
- 2.15 Top 10 Free Online YouTube Intro Makers
- 2.16 Best 12 YouTube Gaming Intro Makers - Free and Paid
- 2.17 Top 10 BEST FREE YouTube Thumbnail Makers
- 2.18 Voice Changer for YouTube
- 3. YouTube Videos Editing Tips +
- 3.1 How to Make YouTube Video
- 3.2 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 3.3 YouTube Video Editor Guide and Review
- 3.4 YouTube Enhancements
- 3.5 Edit YouTube Videos on PC
- 3.6Edit YouTube Videos in iMovie
- 3.7 Edit YouTube Videos in FCPX
- 3.8 Edit YouTube Videos in Adobe Premiere
- 3.9 Edit YouTube videos in WMM
- 3.10 Edit YouTube Videos in Sony Vegas
- 3.11 Add YouTube End Screen and Cards
- 4. How to Edit YouTube Videos +
- 4.1 Rotate YouTube Video
- 4.2 Add Text to YouTube Video
- 4.3 Blur Faces in YouTube Videos
- 4.4 Add Subtitles and Closed Captions to YouTube Video
- 4.5 Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 4.6 Add Logo or Watermark to YouTube Video
- 4.7 Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 4.8 Video Color Correction for YouTube Beauty
- 4.9 Remove Black Bars from YouTube Videos
- 4.10 Remove YouTube Videos
- 4.11 Edit YouTube Audio
- 4.12 How To Add Custom Thumbnails to Your YouTube Videos
- 4.13 Add Music to YouTubeVideo
- 4.14 Edit Video Length
- 4.15 Record Screen and Upload to YouTube
- 4.16 Make YouTub Intro
- 4.17 Blur Background in YouTube
- 4.18 Upload Videos to YouTube
- 5. YouTube SEO & Marketing +
- 5.1 YouTube Unlisted
- 5.2 Deal with YouTube Trolls & Comments
- 5.3 Get More Video Views on YouTube
- 5.4 Add Captions to YouTube Videos
- 5.5 Get More Subscribers on YouTube
- 5.6 Create a YouTube Account
- 5.7 Social Media Trends
- 5.8 Social Video Marketing Tips for SMB
- 5.9 YouTube Facts &F igures and Statistics
- 5.10 Make Killer YouTube Channel Art
- 5.11 YouTube Creative Commons
- 5.12 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 5.13 Change YouTube Privacy Setting
- 5.14 Edit YouTube Channel Description
- 5.15 Optimize YouTube Tags/Title/Description
- 5.16 Create a YouTube Channel Trailer
How to Edit YouTube videos in Windows Movie Maker
We all know YouTube is an important platform for sharing and watching videos. Are you a YouTuber looking for how to edit YouTube video with the best YouTube movie maker? You have come the right place if you wonder how to edit a video for YouTube on Windows. While, if you have free Windows Movie Maker already installed on your computer, you can edit YouTube videos in Windows Movie Maker and then upload to YouTube directly. In this article, I will show you all the information you need to know about how to edit a video for YouTube in Windows Movie Maker with step by step.
You may also like : The Ultimate Guide to YouTube Video Editing Tools
In case that you do not have free Windows Movie Maker in your computer, you may need to download it from other website since Microsoft has removed the downloading link after January 2017. Please pay attention when downloading the Movie Maker application from website and never download it from untrusted website.
A better way to edit YouTube Videos - Wondershare Filmora supports many formats including MP4, MOV, MKV, and FLV, which means that you will not need to convert the files before and after editing. Like Windows Movie Maker, Wondershare Filmora is easy to use but comes with many more features that allow for professional-grade videos. One of these features is the animated text. There are also built-in presets that you can use to quickly edit your videos. There is also the option to directly upload a video to YouTube from Filmora, so no time is wasted waiting for a video to process.
It is hard to list all the information of how to use Filmora to edit YouTube videos here, but we have composed an article about how to edit videos, you can check How to Edit Video in Filmora: Beginners’ Guide.
Windows Movie Maker YouTube: How to Edit YouTube Videos?
Before editing the video in Windows Movie Maker, you have to make sure that the video format is supported by free Windows Movie Maker. As you may know that Window Movie Maker only accept the following file formats at importing: .WMV/.ASF, .MPG (MPEG-1), .AVI (DV-AVI), .WMA, .WAV, and .MP3. Importing formats such as MP4/3GP, FLV and MOV, and AAC are also supported you are running Windows 7 or later and you have installed the necessary codec as well.
If your videos are not supported at importing in Windows Movie Maker, you may need to converter it first or choose a video editor like Filmora video editor which supports the almost all popular formats.
Step 1: Import Video Files Into Windows Movie Maker
To import video or photo into Windows Movie Maker, you can click on the button Add Videos or Photos located at the top of the program. A file window will open, and you can select the videos from any area of your computer. Once you have the files selected, click OK to import the files to the storyboard in the right hand panel.
You can also choose to record a webcam on your windows 10 or windows 7 computer and use it as the material.
Step 2: Trim/Cut/Split/Combine videos in Windows Movie Maker
Preview the video clips in the preview box. You can always use the Previous Frame or Next Frame to preview video frame by frame. When editing a video for YouTube, you may need to trim to remove unwanted parts from the video, combine several clips into a new one or split the video into several smaller parts.
To remove any parts of the video that you do not want in the final version of the video, locate the start frame that you want to remove in the storyboard, and then click the Split button to get the starting point of the split segment, and then locate the end frame that you want to remove and click Split again. Right-click the split video clip you want to remove and select Remove from the context menu. This can be done as many times as you want.
Step 3: Apply Transitions and Visual Effects to YouTube Video
Once you have all the clips that you want in your video, you can then add transitions to the video. At the top of Windows Movie Maker, there is a button that says Animations. This will open a menu that has different options. You need to select the clip, and add the transition that you want. The program does the rest of the work. You can see how it looks by clicking play.
Applying visual effects, overlays and filters work in the same way, but you click on Visual Effects, which is located at the top of the window. You can apply effects to any clip as along as the clip is selected first.
Step 4: Edit/Mute Audio in Video or Add New Audio Sound
If you are planning on adding music to your video, you should think about muting the audio in video or decrease the audio volume in Video. Double click the video clip to enter the Edit panel, and then then click on Video Volume button. You can then mute the audio by drag the volume slider to the left end. Of course, you can adjust the video audio volume per your need. This will affect the all the sounds on that video clip. If you want to mute all the clips, you need to select all the clips, or you will end up with one clip with no sound, and the rest of the clips having sound.
Once the sound has been adjusted on the clips, you can add new audio sound to the video. You can record narrations for your YouTube video in Windows Movie Maker by clicking Record narration button in Home tab and add music to video by clicking Add music button and select the music to import it. You can add music from your computer or find new music sound from AudioMicro, Vimeo or Free Music Archive online.
After importing the new audio file for your YouTube video, you can now adjust the music volume. In the Music Tools tab, there is an Option tab, you can control the volume and other options about the music.
Step 5: Add Title and Text to Video for YouTube
Windows Movie Maker allows you to add different types of text freely. You will see 3 buttons that allow different types of text to video: stationary title, captions and rolling credits. Click on Title, you can add text before the video begins; select Caption, you will write text to the video frames; and click Credits will add end credits to the end of the video.
After selecting the type of text you want, you can enter your text and edit the text effects. You can change the text duration and apply text visual effects, and change the text outline size and more.
Check the detailed information of How to Add Text in Windows Movie Maker.
Step 6: Save and Publish
Once all the edits are done, you can save the video by clicking on File then clicking on Publish Movie. You will need to select where you want to save the file and the file type. Since we are editing videos for YouTube, choose YouTube to upload the edited video to YouTube. You can also save the video in computer with different formats, resolution or burn to DVD. Windows Movie Maker also allows you to save the Video for Email or for mobile devices.
That’s it. That’s how you can edit your YouTube video with Windows Movie Maker. It is a great YouTube video editor to make video with various features. However, you may consider other YouTube movie maker as it won't updated. Why not try Filmora. It is one of the best movie editor for YouTube. Download it now to have a try!
This step-by-step iMovie guide is about how to use the iMovie green/blue screen to change the background of your video.
by Richard Bennett Jan 11, 2023 16:42 PM
Need to trim video on Mac? These 5 best video trimmers on Mac let you perform essential video editing tasks.
by Richard Bennett Jan 11, 2023 19:01 PM
Here are 13 best free video editing software for Windows. All movie/ video editors are well-researched. Try one easy for you to edit now!
by Richard Bennett Dec 21, 2022 17:50 PM