Tips on How to Edit YouTube Channel Description
With millions of videos that can be found online, your goal is to optimize your visibility. One thing that can help would be adding a YouTube channel description. In the rest of this post, we will tackle why it is important, and more importantly, how you can have it edited.
Recommendation: The best video editor for YouTubers - Wondershare Filmora, not only allows you to cut, crop, rotate, reverse videos, but also offers your advanced features like PIP, Green Screen, or audio mixing. What's more, you can find lots of effects for Fashion, gaming, education, tutorial, sports, etc. Check this article to know more.
Why YouTube channel description is important
If you have a YouTube channel and if you are not getting the number of views that you wish to have, there are possibly several problems. Maybe, your content is not enticing enough. Or maybe, it is because you do not have the right YouTube channel description. Generally speaking, the description of your channel will provide visitors of a snapshot of what the channel is all about. It appears in the about tab of your page. This is an elevator pitch, which will be an opportunity for you to show other people why they should watch your videos.
You may also like: How to edit title, description and tags for YouTube videos
Without a YouTube channel description, visitors won’t be aware of what you can offer. Take note of the fact that their attention span is minimal. They do not have the luxury of time to see each and every video in your channel. They will only click on it if they know that it is going to be valuable if there is any good that they can gain from such. This is where the importance of a well-crafted description enters the picture. Here are some tips on how you can optimize your channel description:
- Use the right keywords. This will help to make sure that your YouTube channel will appear on the top of search engine results. Use keyword research tools that are available in order to determine which ones will add value to your description.
- Advertise your programming schedule. By providing this information, visitors will know when exactly they can go back and check for latest updates from your channel.
- Create a strong first impression. If you YouTube channel description are boring, chances are, visitors will no longer bother to view the contents. Create a powerful and enticing description that will trigger viewers to make a favorable action.
Editing your YouTube Channel Description
This is actually a process that is pretty much straightforward, provided that you know how it can be done. Here are the simple steps that you should follow:
- Open your YouTube account.
- Click on My Channel
- Click on "My Channel"
- Active the "Customize the layout of your channel" option by entering the Setting button on the right corner of your Subscribe icon.
- Click on "About."
- Then you can edit the channel description here
- Write the description that you want to show up when people visit your YouTube channel. It is not enough that you write just any sentence. Make sure that it is sweet and simple. Be as concise and informative as possible. Use simple words, yet make sure that they are powerful and can stir the visitor to make a favorable action. Also, see to it that it makes use of the right keywords that are related to your channel.
- Click on "View as" which will allow the YouTube channel description to show up for New visitor or returning subscriber.
In sum, adding a YouTube channel description does not need to be a complicated process. Just follow the tips mentioned above and make sure to pay attention to crafting the right message. It must be keyword-optimized and must captivate attention of your visitors.
Check this video to know how to optimize YouTube SEO:
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips