- YouTube Guide
- Try It Free Try It Free
- 1. Make Money on YouTube+
- 1.1 8 Ways to Make Money on YouTube for Beginners
- 1.2 How to Make Money on YouTube
- 1.3 YouTube Money Calculator
- 2. Best for YouTube Editing+
- 2.1 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 2.2 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
- 2.3 Best YouTube Video Editor Apps for Android
- 2.4 Best 8 YouTube Editing Software for Linux
- 2.5 Best 10 Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 2.6 Free Online Video Editors for YouTube
- 2.7 Free Green Screen Background for YouTube Videos
- 2.8 YouTube Recording Software for Gamers
- 2.9 YouTube App Alternatives
- 2.10 Best Free YouTube Video Editing Apps for iOS
- 2.11 YouTube App for iPhone and Android
- 2.12 YouTube Video Editor Alternatives
- 2.13 Best Websites for Downloading YouTube Intro Templates
- 2.14 Youtube Banners Makers: 10 Online Tools to Create Channel Art
- 2.15 Top 10 Free Online YouTube Intro Makers
- 2.16 Best 12 YouTube Gaming Intro Makers - Free and Paid
- 2.17 Top 10 BEST FREE YouTube Thumbnail Makers
- 2.18 Voice Changer for YouTube
- 3. YouTube Videos Editing Tips +
- 3.1 How to Make YouTube Video
- 3.2 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 3.3 YouTube Video Editor Guide and Review
- 3.4 YouTube Enhancements
- 3.5 Edit YouTube Videos on PC
- 3.6Edit YouTube Videos in iMovie
- 3.7 Edit YouTube Videos in FCPX
- 3.8 Edit YouTube Videos in Adobe Premiere
- 3.9 Edit YouTube videos in WMM
- 3.10 Edit YouTube Videos in Sony Vegas
- 3.11 Add YouTube End Screen and Cards
- 4. How to Edit YouTube Videos +
- 4.1 Rotate YouTube Video
- 4.2 Add Text to YouTube Video
- 4.3 Blur Faces in YouTube Videos
- 4.4 Add Subtitles and Closed Captions to YouTube Video
- 4.5 Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 4.6 Add Logo or Watermark to YouTube Video
- 4.7 Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 4.8 Video Color Correction for YouTube Beauty
- 4.9 Remove Black Bars from YouTube Videos
- 4.10 Remove YouTube Videos
- 4.11 Edit YouTube Audio
- 4.12 How To Add Custom Thumbnails to Your YouTube Videos
- 4.13 Add Music to YouTubeVideo
- 4.14 Edit Video Length
- 4.15 Record Screen and Upload to YouTube
- 4.16 Make YouTub Intro
- 4.17 Blur Background in YouTube
- 4.18 Upload Videos to YouTube
- 5. YouTube SEO & Marketing +
- 5.1 YouTube Unlisted
- 5.2 Deal with YouTube Trolls & Comments
- 5.3 Get More Video Views on YouTube
- 5.4 Add Captions to YouTube Videos
- 5.5 Get More Subscribers on YouTube
- 5.6 Create a YouTube Account
- 5.7 Social Media Trends
- 5.8 Social Video Marketing Tips for SMB
- 5.9 YouTube Facts &F igures and Statistics
- 5.10 Make Killer YouTube Channel Art
- 5.11 YouTube Creative Commons
- 5.12 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 5.13 Change YouTube Privacy Setting
- 5.14 Edit YouTube Channel Description
- 5.15 Optimize YouTube Tags/Title/Description
- 5.16 Create a YouTube Channel Trailer
YouTube Video Editor Guide and Review
YouTube has had a video editor for a long time, but over time it has changed for the better. 2010 was when the first major overhaul happened, and since then more and more features have been added. There is still the question if the YouTube Video Editor is good, and if it replaces desktop editors. Hopefully, our YouTube Video Editor Review helps you figure out if you want to use the editor.
Want to make your YouTube video more attractive and beautiful? here I recommend an easy-to-use video editing software - Wondershare Filmora which not only allows you cut, crop, rotate, and split your videos in minutes, but also simplify the advanced video editing like green screen effect and PIP. You can also find over 300 video effects like Fashion, Beauty, Gaming, Education, etc.
YouTube Video Editor Review
Note: From 20th September 2017 users will no longer be able to use the complimentary editing suite. Check the best YouTube video editor alternatives from this complete guide.
In the early days of the YouTube Video Editor, all you could do was trim video clips, arrange the clips on a timeline, add in basic transitions, and add music. Now the YouTube video editor is able to add video effects to the video and create multiple projects at the same time. While the editor can do more, it has stayed a simple tool.
This simplicity makes it very easy and quick to use. Unlike desktop editors, the YouTube Editor processes much faster. Since the tool is designed to be easy to use, you can learn to use the YouTube Editor in very little time. However, due to its simplicity, it does not offer all the same features. Some of the features that are missing means that it is not suited for every project.
The Basic Features
The YouTube Video Editor does come with some standard video editing functions like video splicing, Audioswap, and cropping videos. The video editor needs to have the videos already uploaded to YouTube. Along with using your own videos, you have the option to use videos that are part of the Creative Commons library. There transitions, and other features that other standard video editors have. Audioswap is easy to use, and there is access to the Creative Commons library in the editor.
2. The Enhancements
The Enhancements that are included in the YouTube Video Editor are not the best tools, but they are still pretty good overall. Enhancements can be found by clicking on a video picture after it has been added to the project. Enhancements are broken into four categories: Quick Fixes, Filters, Text, and Audio. Quick fixes are basic adjustments for small issues like the contrast and saturation of the video. YouTube added an auto-fix button and stabilize video button to make it quick to fix these issues. The filters, text, and audio, are about the same that you would find with any other video editing software.
Related: Want to know how to use the Enhancements feature in YouTube? Check this tutorial to know more: How to use YouTube Enhancements.
Pros and Cons of the YouTube Video Editor
The Pros of the YouTube Editor are that is it is free and has a huge library of free video clips and music. It is also super easy to learn. If you have a Google+ account, you can photos to your video straight from your cloud storage. You also have access to all the videos that you have uploaded to YouTube. All the features are easy to use, and many can be dragged and dropped making editing easy. Google is still improving the YouTube Video Editor to have more features and run smoother.
Related: Want to know YouTube alternatives? Check this article to know more: YouTube Video Editor Alternatives
The major con for YouTube Video Editor is that it only has the basic video editing features at the moment. Another major con is that the video editor is fully online. This means that a refresh is needed to see the changes that you have made. After the refresh of the video, the video jumps back to the beginning of the video making it frustrating to edit the end of a video. There is also no real way of shortening music in the editor at the moment. Unlike many desk top video editors, you cannot overlap music or video clips. This means that some of the transitions are choppy.
The Bottom Line
Since Google is still working on the YouTube Video Editor, hopefully, most of kinks will be worked out soon. While the YouTube Video Editor is getting better, it is still have the most basic features. The easy to use nature of the editor may mean that it stays more of a simple to use video tool. This does make it easy to edit, and it’s good for most projects. Millions of people use this editor because it is so easy to use. However, more advanced projects are still going to need a desktop video editor. We are hoping to see more advanced features in the future.
Many YouTubers and everyday people like the YouTube Video Editor, for its ease of use and the quick video editing that it provides. However, if it is right for you, depends greatly on what you are trying to do. If you plan on doing any editing past cropping videos, adding type and transitions, and switching music, you are better off using a desktop video editor. Hopefully, this YouTube Video Editor Review helps you figure out if YouTube’s editor is the right one of your projects.
If you want to look for YouTube video editor online, below are some of the basic details about top 8 highly rated online YouTube video editors.
by Richard Bennett May 16, 2023 19:13 PM
Here er listed top 10 YouTube banner makers to help you make your channel more attractive and fresh. You can quickly make YouTube banner to drive more traffic.
by Richard Bennett May 16, 2023 19:13 PM
In this article we are going to show you how to make green screen videos and the best sites you can get green screen footage for free. Check them now!
by Richard Bennett May 16, 2023 19:13 PM