- • Animation Editor
- 1.1 best whiteboard animation software
- 1.2 How to Create a Whiteboard Video
- 1.3 2D animation software for beginners
- 1.4 8 3D animation software free and paid
- 1.5 Best apps to animate text in video on Phone
- 1.6 How to create animation drawing
- 1.7 8 Free logo animation maker online
- 1.8 Best tools to make animated photo
8 Best Free Animation Software for Windows and Mac
In your search for quality animation software, you may have found that many of the programs cost a lot of money. It is not ideal if you need to pay so much for animation software. That is why we created a list of the best free animation software on both Mac and Windows. You will find these free animation programs are very useful for content creation.
Part1: Best Free Animation Software for Mac
An open-source 2D animation software that works on Macs, Synfig Studio delivers multiple players while you are creating content. Whether you want to add geometric, filters, distortions or transformations, it is all possible! And thanks to the high-end bone system, you can create cut out animations using bitmap images!
- Offers support for many layers within the animation.
- The program’s bone system means that you can easily create animations with bitmap images or vector artwork.
- Allows you to sync your created animation with any sound that you want. Has a full-featured audio editor.
Pencil2D Animation is one of the simplest 2D hand-drawn animation programs available. It will work flawlessly on Mac computers. It is ideal for beginners, as the commands and interface are very easy to understand. Whether you want to create a simple animation, or you want something with many layers, you can use Pencil2D animation to get it done.
- Lightweight and minimalistic design that makes it very easy for beginners to get into animation.
- Features raster and vector workflows, with easy switching between them. You can paint and sketch as you want!
- Will run on all platforms - Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Completely free and open source.
A free software application, Tupi will allow you to create 2D animations to your heart’s content. The tool was started by animators who wanted to create something free that others could use. It is open source, which means that users can make their own tweaks to the program if they have some interesting ideas. The program works on both Windows and Mac
- Support for vector illustrations. You can add rectangles, lines, polygons and other shapes as you please. To fill areas, just use the paint bucket.
- You can import raster images using this program.
- You can export all your finished images into different file formats.
- Support for tweening positions, scale, sheer and rotations.
Blender is an open source 3D animation creation suite. If you find that 2D is a little bit limiting, we think that you will be very happy with what this free program offers. You can take your animation projects to a whole new level when you are able to use this program on your Mac.
- Creating renders is no problem with this program.
- Modeling, such as sculpting, retopology and creating curves is not an issue either.
- VFX and animation features are better than any free option on the market.
- Offers powerful simulation tools.
- Integration with pipeline tools is easy.
Part2: Best Free Animation Software for Windows
1. DAZ Studio
Daz 3d is a powerful and completely free 3D creation software tool that will let you create the short animations and videos that you want. Whether you are using this for business or pleasure, you will find the program is very easy to understand. Within a day, you will be completely used to its interface.
- Options for 3D morphing, animation and rendering.
- GPU accelerated real-time rendering, which delivers the best results.
- Interactive tutorials to help you become a better 3D artist.
- Everything you make is yours, royalty free!
A completely free program that you can download and install on all Windows computers and tablets, Terragen is the ideal program for you to create the 3D animations and environments that you want. If you want a photo-realistic CG environment, using Terragen is the best way to do it for free!
- Ray-traced preview
- Photo-realistic clouds and ozone simulation
- Rendering is twice as fast as the previous version of the program.
- Adding terrain, objects, animation and shaders to your final product is very easy with the intuitive interface.
Anim8or is a free 3D modeling and animation program that will let you create the unique animations that you want. It is a personal project from an animator, but the program does get regular updates and troubleshooting. It is not going to give you the same features as something like Studio Max or Maya, but you will get the basics. Beginners who are getting into animations will love this program.
- A full 3D modeler that allows you to create spheres, cylinders, platonic solids and any other objects that you want.
- Features support for TrueType fonts.
- Easy to create 3D scenes and output them as video files or images.
Seamless3d, an open source 3D modeling software that you can download for free, is among the best free animation software if you want to create specialized images, animated videos or 3D characters.
- Comes with infinite undo and redo options for complete flexibility to correct mistakes.
- Allows for partitioned and seamless texture mapping.
- Has a specialized tree view interface.
With any of these free animation maker programs, you will have an easy time creating your next 2D or 3D animation. Ensure you choose the program that has the features and compatibility that you desire. Then it is up to your creative mind to come up with stunning animations! If you want to edit your video, Filmora is a great choice for you. Check the video below to find more.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>