How to reduce video size with Avidemux?
Videos compression is necessary if you want to upload your video on website because web does not accept large files with great ease. However, there is a loss of quality while resizing video but you can avoid it with the help of some video editing programs such as Avidemux. You can change format and size of videos with this software without losing quality in a convenient manner.
Steps for compressing videos using Avidemux:
Here are some steps that will guide you on how to reduce video size with Avidemux.
- step 1. The first step is to launch Avudemux on your PC and load the desired video files into it.
- step 2. The next step is to set video stream to MPEG-4 AVC.
- step 3. Now configure its settings and the only option that you have to change is encoding process. Set it to CRF i.e. constant rate factor so that the quality of video remains same. After that, play with its value.
- step 4. Set audio stream to “AAC (Faac)” and configure its settings.
- step 5. Choose the MP4 format. Once you are done with it, save your video file.
Alternative to Avidemux for resizing videos:
There is also a problem associated with Avidemux i.e. it combines snippets only of the same frame rate and resolution. So here are five alternatives to Avidemux that you can use for resizing videos.
You can resize your video easily with the help of this wonderful software. The steps required for resizing videos are the following:-
- The first and foremost thing is to import the video file to the program.
- Now click on “Create” button to export video.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes, save the video.
This open source and free video editor has many amazing features. It supports windows, Mac and Linux. The video can be resized by the following steps.
- The first step begins with downloading the handbrake application according to your operating system.
- Now launch it on your device and look for “Source” button.
- After this, find your desired video, select it and click “Open”.
- Tap “Browse” under the “Destination” section for selecting location of new file. It is also necessary to set “MP4 file” format in the output settings.
- Choose “Video” from the section which is grayer in comparison to the rest of the application’s interface.
- Click on “Target size (MB)” to type in the required size of the video. It is advisable to do not shrink the video to the size smaller than that half of original file.
- Once you are finished with it, tap “Start” button and your video will begin compressing.
This video editing software works on AVI movies with Windows operating system. The steps for resizing videos are given below:
- Launch the VirtualDub. After this, go to Video” and choose “Compression”.
- On choosing, a menu will be appeared and select “Xvid MPEG-4 Codec”.
- Now tap OK and choose “Save as” from the file menu. In this way, your video will be compressed without comprising quality.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Avidemux tutorials
- 1. Avidemux alternatives
- 1.1 Top 15 Avidemux Alternatives for Windows and Mac
- 2. Basic editing tips for Avidemux
- 2.1 How To Join/Merge Video Clips With Avidemux
- 2.2 How to rotate clips in Avidemux
- 3. Advenced editing tips for Avidemux
- 3.1 How to Add Video Effects Filters/Transitions to Videos in Avidemux
- 3.2 How to Edit Audio in Avidemux
- 3.3 How to add text/subtitles with Avidemux
- 3.4 How to add logo/watermarks to videos using Avidemux
- See More