- • Avidemux tutorials
- 1. Avidemux alternatives +
- 2. Basic editing tips for Avidemux +
- 2.1 How To Join/Merge Video Clips With Avidemux
- 2.2 How to rotate clips in Avidemux
- 2.3 How to reduce video size with Avidemux
- 3. Advanced Editing tips for Avidemux +
- 3.1 How to Add Video Effects Filters/Transitions to Videos in Avidemux
- 3.2 How to add text/subtitles with Avidemux
- 3.3 How to Edit Audio in Avidemux
- 3.4 How To Make Timelapse/Slow-Motion Clips With Avidemux
- 3.5 How to Split Screen with Avidemux
- 3.6 How to Blur Face in Avidemux
- 3.7 How to add logo/watermarks to videos using Avidemux
How to add text/subtitles with Avidemux?
If you want that people fully understand your story then you must add text or subtitle to it. You need a right video editing tool for adding titles to videos. You can make use of Avidemux for doing this as it is capable of converting a video file into a new format and can fix subtitles to it in a comfortable manner. It is compatible with different types of file formats such as ASF, AVI, and MP4 so you do not have to worry about compatibility issues. Avidemux also supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X operating system. You can follow the steps given below to know how to add text/subtitles with Avidemux.
Steps for adding text to video with Avidemux:
- Look for a text file containing all the titles that you would like to add to your video clip.
- Go to menu bar and select “filters".
- Choose “subtitles” from the filter manager. Add the subtitle by clicking on “add” icon before configuring.
- Save all the changes that you have made to your video file.
Steps for adding subtitle to video with Avidemux:
- The very first step is to click on “Open” button on the toolbar for opening the video file in Avidemux.
- Now tap “Copy” in the drop-down box and choose a new video format.
- In the video section, click on “Filters” button and then select the “Subtitles” category.
- After this, select the format of your subtitle file and click on “Add” button for adding filter.
- Tap the “Open” button; look for the subtitle file on your PC. On finding it, double click it and personalize the color, size, position, font etc of subtitle by using options given in the dialog box.
- Close the filters window by clicking on “Close” button. Now go to “File” menu> Save> Save video and give a name to the video created.
Alternative to Avidemux to add text or subtitles to videos:
Wondershare Filmora can overcome all limitations of Avidemux. It offers more than 130 types of titles and texts, thus you have many options for choosing them. You can add text to your video with great ease by the following steps.
- After launching Wondershare Filmora, import the files by going to “File” menu and then click on “add files”.
- Drag and drop the video files to the timeline. You can also click the "T" icon for selecting one and adding it to the timeline.
- Now click twice on the text file on the timeline. On clicking it, a pop-up window will be displayed on the screen allowing you to select color and font of the text.
- After finishing with above task, click “OK”. The video can be saved after adding text by clicking on the “Export” button.
Watch the video below to check the detailed information about how to add text to your video.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>