A video montage is considered the best way to capture different frames in one single clip and make the most of it by using the best effects and visuals that sings the story of that moment. In simple words, video montage is used when you want to use fewer words but express more. It narrates the story differently with the best use of music and effects that would make sure they can convey the message that you came for.
Making a video montage is not an easy task but today with the emerging technologies it is possible to create the best montage effects. In this article, we will show you the steps to make a video montage. You will learn:
Wondershare Filmora9 is a video editor that brings colors and transitions to your videos with endless options and creativity. The tool is not limited in any vector hence provides the best tools and features to slay any content. If you are thinking about making a video montage on your Windows or Mac, then Filmora9 is the best friend and a video editor for all the content creators out there. There is a lot about it and let’s explore the world of editing with Filmora9.
Intuitive interface with easy to use tools
Direct video upload to YouTube and Vimeo
Built-in transitions and filters
Royalty-free music with voice over features
Cut, trim and split videos easily
Control speed and color correction
Scene detection and video stabilization
Webcam and screen recorder
Here are the steps to make a video montage using Wondershare Filmora9:
1. Install and launch Wondershare Filmora9 on your computer. It supports both Windows and Mac.
2. Select New Project and import your videos and pictures from the media library.
3. Get your files on the timeline and right-click on it to get multiple options like trim, split, speed change, crop and zoom your videos and photos.
4. Go to the Audio tab to add sound effects and select tracks from the built-in music gallery that you can use on your videos and images as the background music.
5. Now, go to the Effects tab and add filters and overlays to your clip. You will get a lot of options in the effects tab to create a transition at any moment on your video clip.
6. Now, to export & save your videos to the computer you need to click on the Export button and select the Local tab to export your final file. Don’t bother about the file format as Filmora9 supports all the major file formats such as MP3, GIF, 3GP, WEBM, WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV, F4V, TS, MPEG-2, etc.
7. When you have your clips exported and saved on your computer you can directly upload and share this video with your friends on YouTube. You just need to enter your login details and you will be able to share your video easily.
Part 2: Montage Effects for Your Video Montage
Creating video montage is an art as we said earlier because it has nothing to do with the existing clip but your creativity. If you have the knack of doing the right things there are certain possibilities that you will create the best video montage. However, to guide you with the best here are montage effects for your video montage.
1. Free Built-in Montage Effects in Wondershare Filmora9
Filmora9 has some inbuilt features that are specially configured to make a vivid video montage. As you can see in the picture below, there are several filters, overlays, utilities, effects, and transitions that you can use to make the most of your video montage and make it live.
To make a perfect video montage, these features are enough and the exhaustive library is worth surfing. Just go to the Effects tab, and you can apply any video effect you like you’re your video montage. They are free to use!
Wondershare Filmstock is the effects store of Wondershare Filmora9. It includes the free plan, standard plan, and premium plan respectively, and provides different kinds of video effects, after effects, videos, images, and royalty-free music for your video montage. Just sign up for free, choose the plan you like, and download your favorite montage effects to create a video montage.
There are several ways to make video montage on different tools but there is compatibility that might be the issue. But in the article Filmora9 was able to solve all your issues as its compatible with both Windows and Mac and you would get no trouble in making a video montage. Not only this, but the guide justifies your time and provides you with some of the best insights that would help you to create a better video montage. If you have found this guide helpful then let us know in the comment section about the best part of the guide.
Shanoon Cox is a writer and a lover of all things video.
Follow @Shanoon Cox
Other Recommend Products
Easy-to-use and powerful video editor for all creators.