How to Add Music to YouTubeVideo with YouTube Video Editor
Adding the right music to your YouTube and significantly increase its entertainment value. Professional video maker will not play a music background while shooting the video; they do it during the editing process. Even after you posted your video on YouTube can still add enhancement to it. In case your audience thinks that your background music sounds inappropriate on your video, you have the option to change it by choosing on the huge selection of royalty-free melody. The next part will focus on how to add music to YouTube Video using the Video Editor Tool.
Steps on How to Add Music to YouTube Video
We're going to offer you two ways to add music to YouTube video with YouTube built-in video editor
Section 1: Using Video Manager
Step 1 Sign in
The first thing you need to do when you want to know how to add music to YouTube Video is to sign into your account on YouTube. Go to the official site of YouTube and click the sign-in option found at the upper right corner of your screen. You will then be asked to enter your Gmail account and your password. After you managed to sign in, you should be able to see your profile picture on the upper right corner of the page. Click your picture, and you will be able to see the Creator Studio Option. Click that button.
Step 2 Choosing the Video
Start Browsing Your Video Channel. You may do this by clicking on the Video Tab on your Profile Page or Clicking the Video Manager option located at the left bar. You will then be redirected to the videos that you uploaded. Choose your video that you want to have background music.
Step 3 Choosing the Music
Click the Edit option that is located next to the video that you want to edit. This will open the online video editing tool of YouTube. Located on top of the page are the different commands that you can execute to edit the video; you may enhance, add audio, put annotation, create cards, add subtitle and add copyright. Click the Audio Option. It will lead you to a library of music that you may add to your video.
Step 4 Finding the Right Music
The next thing to do on how to add music to YouTube Video is to find an appropriate music for your video. You also need to make sure that the length of the track will perfectly match the length of your video. To do this, Click on the drop down menu that says ‘Top Tracks’ and you will see the different genre of music. In case you already have music in your mind, simply type the title of the son on the search bar and hit enter.
Additional Tip: Not satisfied with the track? Try the sound effects by going at YouTube Audio Library. You can create an advance search by customizing the result based on popularity, duration, instrument, mood and genre.
Step 5 Adding the Selected Music
Before you decided to add the music to your video, make sure that it fits the duration of your video. In case you want to know how to add music to YouTubeVideo, you should do nothing more than to click the music and it will be automatically integrated into your video.
Step 6 Editing the Music
- After you successfully integrate the music to the video, you will see the title of the music under your video. You also have additional tools that you can use. Let us take a look at the Position audio and the slide bar option a little closer.
- Once You Click the Position Audio Button, you will be able to customize and position your integrated music as well as compress the length of the music. To trim the music, simply put your pointer either at the end or the beginning of the music. When you want to move the audio, you may just drag the music.
- The ‘Only Music’ option located at the left side of the Position Audio can be used to adjust the volume of the music. In case you want to remove the original sound from the video, drag the pointer at the right most.
Step 7 Saving the Changes
When you save the edited video, you can save it as a separate video, or you can overwrite the existing video.
Additional Reminder: You can’t add multiple audio tracks in one video with youtube video editor, if you want to get an advanced audio editing, check this article How to mix audio tracks into one file for video
Section 2: Using Video Editor
Step 1 Click on Video Editor
This time instead of clicking the Video Manager option, you will have to click on the Create option and choose Video Editor. You can also directly enter this option by going to https://www.youtube.com/editor.
Step 2 Drag video to timeline
Simply drag the video that you want to edit then click on the music. This option allows you to integrate multiple tracks to your video.
Step 3 Edit the music track
There are numerous ways on how you may edit the track. You can edit the treble, bass, pan and volume. However, it is impossible for you to position the music in a desired spot. If you want to get more control on your audio tracks, please read this article to know how to add audio effects to your video
A better way to add audio on YouTube video
But wait; there is a better way on how to add music to YouTube Video. You may use Wondershare Filmora to better manage your video. Wondershare Filmora will allow you to import any track you want in different format including but not limited to MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC and others. They also have a huge and better collection of royalty-free music. Compared to Youtube Video Editor where you have a pretty limited audio mix manager, the Filmora comes with an equalizer. You may also detach the music easily or add multiple tracks on a single video. You can also import the video that you created in different format or upload it directly to YouTube.
Check this tutorial video to know how to add music to YouTube video with Wondershare Filmora:
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips