- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips
- 8. YouTube Ultimate Guide
How to Create a Killer YouTube Channel Trailer
A channel trailer is used to provide a preview of what your YouTube channel can offer to convince viewers to subscribe. Ads will not appear when your channel trailer is playing, helping the user stay focused on learning more about and subscribing to your YouTube channel. In thie article, we are going to introduce you 10 tricks and the best video editing tools for making a killer Channel trailer.
Want to make your YouTube video more attractive and beautiful? Wondershare Filmora is a such video editing software designed for YouTube creator. With Wondershare Filmora, you can ignite your YouTube videos with over 300 effects like Gaming, Fashion, Beauty, Block Buster, Travel, etc.
10 tricks to Make a killer Channel Trailer
There are various ways that can help you create a good YouTube channel trailer and encourage more viewers to subscribe.
- Starting with a warm introduction will surely help. Tell your future viewers about yourself.
- It's important to let viewers know what they can expect from your channel. Describe what you produce in a few short sentences.
- Tell viewers how often you release new content. They will know when to check your channel for new videos.
- Encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel. After all, that's the whole purpose of creating a channel. Some like to insert it at the beginning or at the end.
- Keep your trailer short. Movie trailers are usually 1 to 2 minutes long as they're normally over an hour long. With channel trailers, thirty seconds should be enough to communicate your message.
- Assume people don't know you. Make sure that your trailer answers who you are and what kind of videos you produce.
- The trailer should hook people in the first five seconds and tell them what they should expect from your YouTube channel and how it can help them.
- Show off a bit of your personality to draw more people in. You can use clips of the videos you've made and throw in some text introducing yourself.
- Call to action. Don't forget to add a "Please subscribe" text at the end of the trailer.
- Using YouTube annotations to add subscribe buttons at the end and throughout your video can also help encourage people to subscribe.
Software to Make Great YouTube Channel Trailer
1. Using Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora can help you create a YouTube channel trailer for free. If you want to access more features, you need to use the full version that costs $39.99. You can add audio and titles as well as import and edit different video formats. You can also download Filmora for free.
2. Using Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker allows you to create titles, fine tune your channel trailer as well as edit slide shows and videos with ease. You can also add effects and transitions and even share your trailer online. One of the best things about Windows Movie Maker is that it can be downloaded for free.
3. Using Virtual Dub
Virtual Dub is a basic movie maker that can be downloaded and used for free, so you don't need to spend anything to enjoy its features. It is easy to use and offers great features like fractional frame rates and video filters. You can add effects to create interesting trailers.
4. Setting Up Your YouTube Channel Trailer
To set up your YouTube channel trailer, you need to turn on channel customization. Next, upload the video that will serve as your channel trailer. Visit the channel you'd like to manage. Click on "For New Visitors". Next, click on "Channel Trailer" then select the video by typing in its URL or choosing its thumbnail.
Visitors who are already subscribed to your YouTube channel will not see your trailer. What they will see is a video under the "What to Watch Next" tab. When setting up your YouTube channel trailer, you should keep it short and assume that viewers have never heard about you. Make sure that your visitors are hooked in the first few seconds of your video. Don't forget to ask them to subscribe to your video.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>