Create High-Quality Video - Wondershare Filmora
An easy and powerful YouTube video editor
Numerous video and audio effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
YouTube is the go-to site for uploading video material to the internet. YouTube is home to a diverse range of content providers, including gamers, vloggers, marketers, musicians, comedians, life coaches, technology enthusiasts, and many others, with over two billion monthly users. It's the perfect place to share your films with a wide audience and grow a significant and dedicated following. Moreover, YouTube is a video-sharing platform that allows users to watch, like, share, comment on, and submit videos. The video service is available on Computers, workstations, tablet devices, and cell phones.
In this article
What Is Youtube's Primary Goal?
YouTube was developed to allow anyone to upload any video content they wanted. On the site, users were anticipated to be allowed to upload, distribute, and watch content without restriction. It has subsequently grown to become one of the world's most popular video distribution platforms.
YouTube has evolved into a formidable platform for posting high-quality films with a range of settings and aspects over the years. It has also established a set of authoritarian rules and procedures for dealing with copyright issues as well as dangerous, offensive, and deceptive content. Do you make YouTube videos but are frustrated by the fact that you can only upload fifteen-minute recordings? All you need is quick account verification. This post will show you how to go about doing so.
Before you decide to submit a video, double-check that it doesn't infringe on anyone's copyright and that it follows YouTube's community guidelines. Let's have a look at what you need to do to upload longer videos on YouTube and ensure that it gets a lot of views before getting into the main guidelines and requirements.
Is There A Limit On How Long A Video Can Be On Youtube?
Yes, there is a restriction to the duration of videos that can be uploaded to YouTube. YouTube enables video uploads of up to 15 minutes in length by default. If you try to upload a video that is more than 15 minutes long, it will fail. This is a YouTube restriction, not a Brightcove restriction.
Moreover, the length of a YouTube video is determined by whether or not your account is verified. Your YouTube videos can only be 15 minutes long or fewer if you aren't verified. Your YouTube videos can be up to 12 hours long or 128 GB in size if you are verified.
- Shorter videos were deemed to be superior... You'll lose viewers if you make a video longer solely for the sake of making it longer. On the other hand, longer videos should be planned into your video material. Videos that are between 7 and 15 minutes long do well in general.
- Surprisingly, people prefer lengthier videos, and artists haven't noticed a drop in views when they develop longer ones. When they focus on longer films, they've seen an increase in views and subscribers. Nikki Tutorials' videos, for example, were roughly eight minutes long in 2015.
- It's time to get serious about making lengthier videos. If you want to appear in YouTube's search, you'll need to increase the length of your videos steadily. This includes producing other vlogs, in-depth tutorials, and GRWM videos. All of these video formats tend to be lengthy.
- As your videos get longer, you may see that organic views increase as you appear more frequently in organic searches. Because YouTube defines long-video channels as 'top producers,' such videos are pushed to the top of search results, you'll see an increase in subscribers.
- Lastly, A YouTube video should be at least ten minutes long. Videos that are seven to fifteen minutes long tend to do well on the site. Keep in mind, though, that your video should only be as long as it needs to be.
How To Upload Longer Videos To Youtube In A Step-by-step Process?
YouTube allows users to submit videos up to 15 minutes in length by default. You'll need to validate your account if you want to upload longer movies. Follow the procedures below to upload videos longer than 15 minutes and up to 12 hours on YouTube.
Step 1: Log in to your YouTube account first.
Step 2: Go to https://www.youtube.com/upload and post your video.
Step 3: At the bottom, click Increase your limit.
Step 4: You must validate your account. Select how you want to get a verification code. You have the option of having an automated voice message call me or having the verification code texted to me.
Step 5: Click Submit after entering your phone number. Select a language for the service to use when delivering you the verification code by clicking change language.
If you choose the Call me with an automated voice message option, make sure you have your phone nearby. The automated voice call will be made only once and practically immediately after you click Submit.
Step 6: The code will be delivered to your phone number, either an automated voice call or a text message, depending on your preference.
Step 7: Click Submit after entering the verification code. You can now post videos that are longer than 15 minutes (up to 12 hours in duration). YouTube allows you to upload files up to 128GB or 12 hours in length.
Tips On How To Make Your Video More Professional And How To Cut The Length Of Your Youtube Videos
Video editing involves removing extraneous scenes from a recorded video. You've shot a great video, but it's bloated with undesired segments and irrelevant content, making it too huge or unusable to upload to YouTube. You can chop the video into smaller segments and eliminate the unnecessary bits as needed to generate a new film to make things easier.
Wondershare Filmora is an easy-to-use yet powerful video editing program that allows you to chop videos into many parts and perform a variety of video editing activities to create a fantastic home movie.
YouTube Video Editor is extremely simple to use. However, it only offers a few basic video editing features and is prone to crashing when dealing with huge files. Try Wondershare Filmora if you want to make your video look more professional. This desktop video editing program can assist you in doing video editing chores quickly and easily.
Filmora online video trimmer is a free online tool that can help you trim video instantly if you prefer an online alternative. You can drag and drop your video from your PC or a video link. It's simple to use with the slider, or you can enter specified start and stop periods for more precise trimming.
1-Filmore Video Cutter Allows You To Import Your Videos
Launch the video cutter after it has been installed and click New Project to enter the video editing interface. Now you must import the video, which must be divided into numerous portions.
If your video has a lot of different sequences, Filmora can help you discover the clip you want to trim. The "Scene Detection" tool will assist you in rapidly locating the segment you want to cut. To open the Scene Detection window, choose the video in the media library (not the timeline), right-click it, and select "Scene Detection." Filmora will automatically split your videos into multiple segments when you click Detect, depending on scene changes.
2-Trim, Split, Cut, And Delete Videos By Hand.
To trim video files, drag videos from the media library to the video track on the timeline and follow these instructions. You may use the trim option to chop out the beginning or conclusion of a video swiftly.
3-Save Your Video To Your Computer.
Click the Export button on the screen once you've finished cutting and basic editing. By clicking "Format" and specifying the necessary settings, such as frame rate and resolution, you can save the video in other formats on your local computer.
Time To Extract A Conclusion:
This article has come to a close. Keep in mind that your YouTube upload limit is determined by whether or not your channel has been verified. Please continue the steps outlined above if it hasn't been confirmed yet.
Finally, there are a few things you should be aware of:
- To upload files larger than 20GB, make sure you have the most recent version of your browser.
- If you can't find the link to increase your limit, it's possible that your longer videos feature is already turned on. Check your Accounts Feature page to be sure. To be allowed to upload a lengthier video, you must have a good standing on the YouTube Community Guidelines.
- Check for copyright claims and strikes if you're having trouble uploading a video.
- If you're uploading a long video and haven't verified your account yet, you'll be prompted to do so after the video has been uploaded.
- Simply click the Verify account icon beside the video, then activate this video in your video manager to publish it.
- Keep in mind that it will be set to private by default, so make sure to modify the privacy settings if necessary.