SRT, or SubRip Text, is considered to be the most basic format for subtitles. An SRT is typically consists of four different parts: the number that indicates sequence, the time indicating when the subtitle would appear and disappear on the screen, the actual subtitle that will appear, and a blank line that will indicate the start of the next subtitle. An external SRT subtitle can be added to a video, and it is not as complicated as you may think. With patience and the right tools, you can easily add an external SRT subtitle to any video.
Part1: Options for Software Tools Running on Windows System
There are several software tools that can be used to integrate an external SRT subtitle to your video of choice. When trying to pick which software is the best, take a look at the price, features, compatibility with your system, and reviews from other users. One of the most important things to do is to consider how easy it can be used.
Available at a special price of $34.95, this HD video converter is popular because of its ability to support almost all types of video formats. It has a wide array of features that are similar to MacX Video Converter Pro, with the only difference being the fact that this software supports the Windows operating system. Aside from the ability to add external SRT subtitle, this tool will also enable users to create slideshows, download videos easily, and extract music.
This is the software that can allow users to add external subtitles to video files. It is available at a price of $29.95 and they offer free trial. It supports the Windows operating system. It has an abundance of features that will provide you with complete control in making your movie, other than adding a subtitle. It can also allow users to add watermark for copyright.
When it comes to video conversion, including adding SRT subtitles, this is another option that can be taken into account. It can support all file formats, and the company claims that it is 30x faster than any other converter you can see in the market today. There is a version of this software that is good for Windows and one that is good for Mac. Online, it can be purchased at a price of $49.95 for Windows and $54.95 for Mac from http://www.any-video-converter.com/. If you are unsure if it is going to be a good purchase or not, you can take advantage of their free trial offer although it means that the features that you can try will be limited.
Part2: Adding External Subtitles on Mac
If you are a Mac user, the MacX Video Converter Pro is one of the tools that can be utilized for adding external SRT subtitles. This feature-rich video converter is user-friendly, making it perfect even for people who do not have vast technical knowledge in video production. Even if you are a beginner, you will surely enjoy how easy it works.
To add external SRT subtitles with the use of this tool, follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first thing that you have to do is to download an external subtitle file. Google will help you find this. Once you have already downloaded the file, create a folder where you will place not only the subtitle file, but also the video file. Change the name of the SRT file so that it will match the name of your video file with the only difference being the extension.
- Download the software on your Mac. Click on the “Add File” button, which will allow the source video to be imported.
- From the pop-up window, choose the AVI video as the output format.
- From the main interface hit the “Edit” button. Click on “Enable Subtitle”, then “External Subtitle File” and “Add” button based on the subtitle file you have chosen. Once you are done with these, click on the “Done’ button.
- Click the “Run” button and this will initiate the process of integrating the external SRT subtitle to your chosen video. Within just a few seconds, you can now start watching the video with embedded subtitle.
If you are interested in trying the MacX Video Converter as a tool that will allow you to add external SRT subtitles to your videos, you can have it downloaded from this link: www.macxdvd.com/mac-video-converter-pro/. You can buy the full version at a discounted price of only $34.95 as against the original price that is $49.95. You can also take advantage of their free trial offer to have a glimpse of how it works first before having it purchased.