How to Make a Video Best Fits Snapchat Size on Mac?
Jun 24, 2021• Proven solutions
How to create a video best fit Snapchat? With more than 240 million active daily users, Snapchat is one of the most popular social media networks globally. It is also an instant messaging app that allows its users to express themselves visually in a diverse variety of manners including photos, videos, stories, stickers, emoji, and more.
One of the best features of Snapchat that makes it so attractive among the young audience is its mobile-oriented user interface. Snapchat was the first social networking platform to introduce the concept of daily stories which was widely adopted by other instant messengers as well including Instagram and WhatsApp. Since it is a mobile-oriented platform, you need to create and edit your videos in a certain way to make sure they are the best fit for Snapchat.
You May Also Like: The Ultimate Guide of Snapchat Filters
What Are the Ideal Features of a Snapchat Video?
Snapchat is highly optimized for vertical viewing which means that all the content needs to be served in portrait aspect ratio instead of landscape used by YouTube and other video platforms. You need to ensure that every aspect of your video is perfect before you can upload it for Snapchat on Mac. Here are some of the key features that you must not forget.
- Resolution - The ideal resolution of a Snapchat video is 1080 x 1920 pixels which is known as full HD. This resolution will ensure that your video loads in the right way and remains sharp and crisp for an excellent viewing experience.
- Video Format - The recommended video format for Snapchat clips is MP4 and MOV. You can use either of those formats on your Mac.
- Aspect Ratio - This is one of the key aspects of any video that determines the orientation of viewing. For a perfect Snapchat video, it is recommended that you keep the aspect ratio to 9:16.
- Video Length Size - Remember that Snapchat isn't like YouTube and serves an audience that wants micro-entertainment. This is why the recommended time for your video is 3 to 10 seconds with the video size not exceeding 32 MB. Otherwise, the Snapchat audience may not respond well to your videos.
That is why it is crucial that your Snapchat video has all the ideal features so your audience can enjoy the viewing experience as intended instead of attempting to manipulate their phones to be able to see the video clearly. It will create an unpleasant and frustrating experience and your viewers might not stay with you.
How to Adjust the Video for Snapchat on Mac? [Step-by-Step]
If your video doesn't have the ideal features for Snapchat uploading, you don't need to worry. You can easily edit your video on Filmora X to adjust everything including the aspect ratio, size, and format.
Part1. Changing Snapchat Video Format on Filmora
1. Importing Video
The first step is to import the video using the option 'Import Media Files' in the import tab. You can also drag and drop the media files you need to work on.
2. Selecting the Right Output Format
Once you have imported the file, drag and drop it onto the Timeline. Now click on the 'Export' button. Here you will be able to select your output video format which needs to be either MOV or MP4.
3. Exporting Your Snapchat Video
After you have defined the settings, you can click on the 'Export' button to start the saving process. Your video is now available to you in the right format.
Part2. Changing Snapchat Video Aspect Ratio on Filmora
You can use multiple methods to change the aspect ratio of your Snapchat video on Filmora. It depends on the nature of editing you need to perform on your video. You can choose from any of the methods given below to edit your video for Snapchat in a user-friendly manner on Mac.
● Method 1 - Launch the editor and click on the drop-down list. You will see the popular aspect ratios listed in the list from where you can choose any. Select the right one that is 9:16 for Snapchat and export the file right away.
● Method 2 - The second method you can use is present under the Project Settings. You can also lock the aspect ratio using the features available here.
● Method 3 - The third method allows you to change the aspect ratio manually during the video editing process. You need to right-click on the timeline and select the 'Crop and Zoom' option. You will see a pop-up window where all the popular options will be available to you. You can choose either of them or select an aspect ratio manually.
● Step 4 - The final method to change the aspect ratio of your video on Mac is at the time of exporting your media file. Here you can select the aspect ratio for your local computer, a particular device, YouTube, or DVD TV.
Part3. Changing Snapchat Video Size on Filmora
1. Importing Media File to Filmora
Using the 'Import' menu, import your media files, or simply drag and drop them from your Mac OS. Once the files are in the software, drag them to the Timeline track.
2. Cropping Your Video for Snapchat
Here you can use the 'Crop and Zoom' button from the Timeline by right-clicking on it, so you can only focus on the aspect of the video that you want to show. This will resize the video as well.
3. Cutting the Video
Another option you have is to delete the unnecessary parts of the video by selecting them through the indicator present on the timeline. Once you have selected the parts you don't need, right-click on them and select 'Delete'.
4. Exporting Your Snapchat Video
Once you have resized your video by cropping and cutting the media file, you can now export it in the right resolution, bit rate, and format to ensure you get the minimum file size.