Audio Remover: Remove Audio from MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV Video
Chances are that you want to remove audio track from a video clip and get only video stream as an output. This is not so easy as you think because there are very few applications available to do this. Some merely enables you to mute the audio file instead of deleting the original audio track. But in this article, you’ll learn how to truly perform this job with a professional video editing program: Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor). With this ingenious tool, detaching the audio from video turns a simple task: only in a click of mouse. Then, you can delete it directly or save it for future use. The following article will provide more information as well as a step by step guide on how to remove audio from video files.
Audio Remover: Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor)
- Remove audio from all kinds of video formats including AVI, WMV, WTV, MOV, MKV, FLV, etc;
- Completely remove the audio from video to keep video-only stream or mute the audio of a source video;
- Other functions such as add effect/subtitle/watermark to video; trim/crop/rotate video files and more;
- Save your video in different formats, burn to DVD or upload to YouTube and Facebook;
- Supported OS: Windows (Windows 8 included) & Mac OS X (above 10.6).
1Import your videos
Click "Import" to browse your file folder on hard disk and then pick up the videos you want to remove audio. To select multiple files, just hold down "Ctrl" button when choosing other files. All loaded files will display as thumbnails in the file tray. Doubling click them, you can preview it in the right screen window.
2Remove audio from video
Drag video from file tray to the Video Timeline. Right click it and select "Audio Detach". Immediately, you'll see a separate audio file in the Music Timeline. Yes, this is the audio track of your original video. Now just hit "Delete" on the keyboard to remove the audio.
Tips: The files on Video Timeline will be merged seamlessly together by default. If you have multiple files to remove audio, and need to save to separate files, please click the left top program icon and save to different project files first. After that, load the project file once again and export the output file one by one.
3 Save the video
Double click the file in Video Timeline to check if this is what you want. If necessary, you can add some music files that fit for this video. Or directly click "Create" to export only the video track. In the pop-up format window, pick your wanted format to save it on your computer.
Video Tutorial: How to Remove Audio from Your Video
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Audio Editing
- 1. Basic audio editing tips
- 1.1 How to add audio to video
- 1.2 How to add audio fade out effect
- 1.3 How to replace audio track in video
- 1.4 How to edit audio track
- 1.5 How to mute audio from video
- 1.6 How to remove audio from video
- 1.7 How to change voice
- 1.8 How to add voiceover to video
- 1.9 How to remove background noise
- 2. Advanced audio editing tips
- See more