How to Add Video and Audio Transition Between Scenes/Clips
Transition effects appear when one slide/clip replaces another one. It helps make the presentation, slideshow or movie good looking and impressive. Transition effects are widely used in and video editing software, such as Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, DVD Slideshow Builder, etc. This article will show you how to add transitions (including video and audio transitions) between scenes and clips in Wondershare Filmora9 (Latest version 9). Tips and tricks for transitions are also included.
How to Add Transtisions between clips
Part 1: Add video transitions
1. Download Wondershare Filmora9 (Latest version 9)
Wondershare Filmora is an easy-to-use while powerful video editing tool that is available both on Windows and Mac. Download it from the button below to get started.
2. Import video/photos to the project
Before adding video/photo files to the Timeline, you need to import them first into the project. There are mainly 2 ways to import video/photo files: "Import" button on primary windows, or dragging and dropping files from Windows File Explorer to the User's Album. Wondershare Filmora supports all popular video/audio/photo formats, including but not limited to AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, MPG, FLV, M4V, WMV, TS, MOD, TOD, VOB, MP3, WMA, M4A, JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF. Then drag and drop the media files from the Media album to the video track on timline for editing
3. Add transitions between video and photo files
All clips will be played one by one without a gap. But no transition effects will be applied by default. To add transitions, switch to Transition tab and drag any transition to the joint of two clips from almost 200 transitions (when the white box appears, release your mouse). Now, you could also add transition at the end or start of a clip.
You can also change the transition mode among Overlap, Prefix, and Postfix by double-clicking on the transition on timeline
Tips and Tricks for Transition Effects
1. If you want to set the transition duration, it's better to enlarge the Timeline view through the Zoom in tool or slider above the Timeline. Next, double click the transition thumbnail to open the setting panel and input the time. Click "Apply to All" if you want all transition effects to have the same duration.
2. To delete a transition, highlight it and click the Delete button in the toolbar above Timeline, or press Delete key on the keyboard.
3. If you especially love a transition, you can add it to Favorite by right clicking transition in the list and selecting "Add to Favorites" from the menu.
4Export video with transitions
When you are happy with your video and transition effects, click "Create" to save the video with transitions. You can save video in all popular formats on the computer by clicking "Format" and choosing a format from the list. If you want to play your video on iPod, iPhone, iPad, click "Device" and select a thumbnail of the device. It's also available to upload your videos to YouTube to share with your friends. To play video on TV, you can burn it to DVD with your DVD burner.
In the end, if you have problems with adding transitions, please click here to get in touch with supporters.
Part 3: Add audio transitions
Filmora9 also allows you to add transitions between audio files. Using the fade-in and fade-out feature to make your audio process smoontly. With the complete new waveform and audio keyframing. Check this video to see the details about video transition in Filmora9
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>