How to Add Transition Between Scenes/Clips
Transition effects appear when one slide/clip replaces another one. It helps make the presentation, slideshow or movie good looking and impressive. Transition effects are widely used in and video editing software, such as Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, DVD Slideshow Builder, etc. Check the video tutorial first if you don't like read articles. You can subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get more tips and tricks.
This article will show you how to add transitions between scenes and clips in Wondershare Filmora. Tips and tricks for transitions are also included.
Filmora offers almost 200 transitions. Here are 10 video transition that you can have a reference.
- Fade transition
- Move Rectangle 1 transition
- Move Rectangle 2 transition
- Blind transition
- Deposit up transition
- Column merge transition
- Column split transition
- Column split 2 transition
- Column whisk transition
- Cross merge transition
Step 1: Import video/photos to the project
Before adding video/photo files to the Timeline, you need to import them first into the project. There are mainly 2 ways to import video/photo files: "Import" button on primary windows, or dragging and dropping files from Windows File Explorer to the User's Album. Wondershare Filmora supports all popular video/audio/photo formats, including but not limited to AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, MPG, FLV, M4V, WMV, TS, MOD, TOD, VOB, MP3, WMA, M4A, JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF.
Step 2: Add transitions between video and photo files
Similarly, drag and drop media files from the User's Album to the video track on Timeline for editing. All clips will be played one by one without a gap. But no transition effects will be applied by default. To add transitions, switch to Transition tab and drag any transition to the joint of two clips from almost 200 transitions (when the yellow box appears, release your mouse). Now, you could also add transition at the end of a clip. However, Filmora doesn't support adding transition at the start of a clip.
Tips and Tricks for Transition Effects
1. If you want to set the transition duration, it's better to enlarge the Timeline view through the Zoom in tool or slider above the Timeline. Next, double click the transition thumbnail to open the setting panel and input the time. Click "Apply to All" if you want all transition effects to have the same duration.
2. To delete a transition, highlight it and click the Delete button in the toolbar above Timeline, or press Delete key on the keyboard.
3. If you especially love a transition, you can add it to Favorite by right clicking transition in the list and selecting "Add to Favorites" from the menu.
Step 3 :Export video with transitions
When you are happy with your video and transition effects, click "Create" to save the video with transitions. You can save video in all popular formats on the computer by clicking "Format" and choosing a format from the list. If you want to play your video on iPod, iPhone, iPad, click "Device" and select a thumbnail of the device. It's also available to upload your videos to YouTube to share with your friends. To play video on TV, you can burn it to DVD with your DVD burner.
In the end, if you have problems with adding transitions, please click here to get in touch with supporters.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>