- • How-to tips for advanced video editing
- 1. Add elements
- See more
- 2. Split screen
- 2.1How to Make a Multi Screen Video
- 2.2Top 5 Free Video Splitters
- 2.3How to Easily Slice Your Video Files
- 2.4 How to put video side by side
- 2.5 How to make a split screen video
- 2.6 How to split video with auto scene detection
- 2.7 How to make PIP effects
- 2.8 How to shoot green screen video
- 2.9 How to duplicate an actor in video
- 2.10 How to clone yourself
- 3. Frame and stabilization
- See more
How to Make a Multi Screen Video
The multi screen effect is widely used in video making if more than one set of images or videos will be displayed simultaneously in order to tell a story or convey additional information. To make a multi screen video, Wondershare Filmora can be a good choice. With Filmora, you can make a multi-screen video with the built-in split-screen layout or with the PIP feature.
When using PIP feature in Filmora, you just need to add the video clip you want to overlay as your picture-in-picture onto the timeline, then it will positioned above the video you want to serve as the background in your video. Below is a tip to help you better understand how to make a multi screen video with the split-screen feature.
Part 1: How to Make a Multi-Screen Video with PIP feature
Step 1: Add a video or image you want to overlay
After running this software, click “Import” to import your video or image to the program. Then right click to choose Apply to PIP. You’ll get a raw multi screen video.
Step 2: Personalize your multi screen video
Then personalize your multi screen video as you like. Arrange the PIP video according the background video in the timeline. You can also adjust the position and size of the target video in the preview window.
When everything is displayed the way you want it, simply close the dialog box and apply your changes. Then click the “Play” icon and preview your movie, and you will see your re-sized and re-positioned video clip overlaid on top of the larger clip.
Step 3: Save or share your multi screen video
If you are happy with the result, click “Export” to save or share your multi screen video. Here are several output options for you:
- Device: Choose from different devices and get the optimized multi screen videos. Then click the little triangle button to change advanced settings like video and audio encoder, frame rate, bit rate, etc.
- Format: Save multi screen video to all popular video formats such as AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MP4, MKV, MPEG, etc.
- YouTube: Fill in your YouTube account information and the video information to share your work on YouTube directly.
- DVD: Set the DVD parameters like DVD label, Video Quality, TV Standard and Aspect Ratio, and then burn video to DVD.
You see, creating a multi screen video in Filmora with PIP feature is that easy. Use the same process to put images on the screen, you can also easily add your own logo to videos. Let's check how to make a multi-screen video with split-screen feature in Filmora.
Part 2: How to Make a Multi-Screen Video with Split-screen Feature
Step 1: Choose the desired split screen preset
Click the Split Screen button on the toolbar above the timeline and then select the desired split screen preset.
Step 2: Add videos to the Split screen preset
Drag and drop your video clips to the “Drop Zone” in the split screen preset. You can customize the starting point of the video by adjusting the slider, turn on or turn off the audio in videos or apply the border.
Step 3: Preview and Export
Click the OK button on the Drop Zone window and click the Split screen video in the timeline. You can click the clock icon on the toolbar to adjust the duration of the split screen preset. After finishing the editing, click the Export button to export your video clip.
Watch the video below to get more information about how to edit video in Filmora video editing software.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>