- YouTube Guide
- Try It Free Try It Free
- 1. Make Money on YouTube+
- 1.1 8 Ways to Make Money on YouTube for Beginners
- 1.2 How to Make Money on YouTube
- 1.3 YouTube Money Calculator
- 2. Best for YouTube Editing+
- 2.1 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 2.2 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
- 2.3 Best YouTube Video Editor Apps for Android
- 2.4 Best 8 YouTube Editing Software for Linux
- 2.5 Best 10 Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 2.6 Free Online Video Editors for YouTube
- 2.7 Free Green Screen Background for YouTube Videos
- 2.8 YouTube Recording Software for Gamers
- 2.9 YouTube App Alternatives
- 2.10 Best Free YouTube Video Editing Apps for iOS
- 2.11 YouTube App for iPhone and Android
- 2.12 YouTube Video Editor Alternatives
- 2.13 Best Websites for Downloading YouTube Intro Templates
- 2.14 Youtube Banners Makers: 10 Online Tools to Create Channel Art
- 2.15 Top 10 Free Online YouTube Intro Makers
- 2.16 Best 12 YouTube Gaming Intro Makers - Free and Paid
- 2.17 Top 10 BEST FREE YouTube Thumbnail Makers
- 2.18 Voice Changer for YouTube
- 3. YouTube Videos Editing Tips +
- 3.1 How to Make YouTube Video
- 3.2 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 3.3 YouTube Video Editor Guide and Review
- 3.4 YouTube Enhancements
- 3.5 Edit YouTube Videos on PC
- 3.6Edit YouTube Videos in iMovie
- 3.7 Edit YouTube Videos in FCPX
- 3.8 Edit YouTube Videos in Adobe Premiere
- 3.9 Edit YouTube videos in WMM
- 3.10 Edit YouTube Videos in Sony Vegas
- 3.11 Add YouTube End Screen and Cards
- 4. How to Edit YouTube Videos +
- 4.1 Rotate YouTube Video
- 4.2 Add Text to YouTube Video
- 4.3 Blur Faces in YouTube Videos
- 4.4 Add Subtitles and Closed Captions to YouTube Video
- 4.5 Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 4.6 Add Logo or Watermark to YouTube Video
- 4.7 Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 4.8 Video Color Correction for YouTube Beauty
- 4.9 Remove Black Bars from YouTube Videos
- 4.10 Remove YouTube Videos
- 4.11 Edit YouTube Audio
- 4.12 How To Add Custom Thumbnails to Your YouTube Videos
- 4.13 Add Music to YouTubeVideo
- 4.14 Edit Video Length
- 4.15 Record Screen and Upload to YouTube
- 4.16 Make YouTub Intro
- 4.17 Blur Background in YouTube
- 4.18 Upload Videos to YouTube
- 5. YouTube SEO & Marketing +
- 5.1 YouTube Unlisted
- 5.2 Deal with YouTube Trolls & Comments
- 5.3 Get More Video Views on YouTube
- 5.4 Add Captions to YouTube Videos
- 5.5 Get More Subscribers on YouTube
- 5.6 Create a YouTube Account
- 5.7 Social Media Trends
- 5.8 Social Video Marketing Tips for SMB
- 5.9 YouTube Facts &F igures and Statistics
- 5.10 Make Killer YouTube Channel Art
- 5.11 YouTube Creative Commons
- 5.12 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 5.13 Change YouTube Privacy Setting
- 5.14 Edit YouTube Channel Description
- 5.15 Optimize YouTube Tags/Title/Description
- 5.16 Create a YouTube Channel Trailer
How to Put Two Videos Side by Side [Split Screen Video]
We might want to put two videos side by side for a number of reasons. Sometimes it is because we might want to look at the same thing, but from two different perspectives to grasp a better idea of it. At others, it's simply because we want to draw comparisons in two different plots at the same time that we want to look at them playing side by side. Sometimes you might want to compare the quality of two different videos for which you would want to play them at the same time to make a better judgment. People who share content online on sites like YouTube might want to use this feature in order to create an interesting video.
In this article, we will show some of the best video editing software to create a side-by-side video by putting two or more videos on the same frame on Windows and Mac, as well as the step-by-step tutorial about making a side-by-side video with two easy ways.
- Part 1: 4 Best Video Editing Software to Put Two Videos Side by Side on Windows & Mac [Free Solution Included]
- Part 2: How to put videos side by side with Wondershare Filmora Split Screen [2 Easy Ways]
Part 1: Best Software That Can Help You Create Side-By-Side Videos
The software listed below is can be used on Windows or Mac for putting two or more videos side by side and playing the video simultaneously. It concludes a free solution for Mac users that are using iMovie to create a split screen video, some professional video editing software like Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and an easy-to-use yet powerful enough video editor like Filmora.
1. Wondershare Filmora – the Best Software to Put Two Videos Side by Side for Beginners
One of the best software that you can use to put two videos side by side is Wondershare Filmora. You can use it on your Windows PC as well as the Mac computers. As you may know, Filmora video editor is developed by our team, but why do we recommend you to use it for creating Side-by-Side videos? Here are some highlights:
- 30+ Animated Split-Screen Presets and Templates for Creating Side-by-Side Video with Animations
- Detach audio from the video and add your own voiceover and background music to the side-by-side video
- Advanced video editing tools such as Green Screen Composition and Video Stabilization for improving your video into next level
- Color Tuning Tools for polishing your video footage with Hollywood style
- Various filter and visual effects to touch up your video
- Built-in Music Tracks and Sound Effects for different occasions.
- Wide support for video formats such as FLV, F4V, AVI, MPEG, WAV, DAT, EVO, and many others
Wondershare Filmora also provides other video effects through which you can add credits or other text to your videos. You can easily add other effects as well to enhance your video colors. Besides the basic tools, it gives you advanced tools which let you add a picture-on-picture, Mosaic, Face-off, tilt-shift your videos, etc. When you are done with editing, you can save it to your laptop in any popular video format of your choice.
2. Adobe Premiere Pro CC - Best Tool for Putting Two videos Side by Side for Professionals
Considered one of the best applications which can help you put two different videos on the screen at the same time. It helps you add other effects to your video as well. If you are working with Master Clips, the app will automatically work more smoothly. However, there have been some issues detected when you are running this app on your MacBook. Another setback of this software is that you have to rent the tools that you are using which means that you have to pay for them.
3. Final Cut Pro - Best Professional Video Editor for Mac Users to Make Side by Side Video
Another efficient software for splitting videos is Final Cut Pro X 10.2. In addition to splitting your screen to add two videos at the same time, you can use many other features as well to enhance your content. It also allows you to refine the colors of your video by providing different tools. However, if you are a new user, you have to pay more. Furthermore, there are no integrated tracking options for mask effects.
4. iMovie: FREE Built-in video editor for Mac Users to Create Videos Side by Side
As iMovie is coming with all new iPad and Mac computers, you can now directly use it to edit and make split-screen videos without any further installation, which makes it a good choice to put two or more videos side by side.
The process of making a side-by-side video in iMovie is using the Video overlay settings, which means you put two videos on different tracks and make sure that one is just above another, and then adjust the position in the preview window to make it side by side. You can check the video tutorial below to make a side-by-side video in iMovie.
For the detailed step of making a split-screen video in iMovie, you can check How to use the split screen in iMovie for Mac.
Part 2: How to Put Videos Side by Side with Wondershare Filmora
Besides the video editing software listed above, you can also use some video collage makers online to put videos side by side. In the following parts, I'll share detailed information about how to create a side-by-side video in Filmora.
There are two ways for putting videos side by side in Filmora. One is using the pre-programmed split-screen effects, another is using the video overlays.
Method 1: Put Videos Side by Side with Split-Screen Presets
Filmora allows you to create professional split screen effects by placing 2 or more video clips next to each other. There are split-screen 30 styles built in it for you to choose from. You can start, play, stop, and pause these videos at the same time. In order to create split videos on Wondershare Filmora, follow these steps:
First, download Filmora for free.
Step 1: Import video files you want to use to the media library.
Step2: Click the Split Screen button, pick the target preset you want to use for your video, and drag it to the timeline.
Step3: Drag the video or image to the Presets to create a split-screen video. Click the Advanced button to enter the Advanced Split Screen Editing interface, where you can adjust the starting point of each video clip, trim out unwanted clips or correct the color and add some motion effects.
Note: when you playback these side-by-side videos, you may hear all audios from these videos. In this case that you just want to keep one of it, just click the Volume icon in the Drop Zone to mute other video audio. If you don’t want any audio from these videos, you can turn it off and then add your own audio file. You can also apply a Border to each sub video clip and change the border color to make the side-by-side video stand out.
Step4: Click Export and save the split video to different formats, upload to YouTube or burn to DVD.
Method 2: Place videos side by side with Filmora Video Overlay
Besides putting videos side by side with the split-screen feature in Filmora, you can also make it by using the video overlay feature, or PIP feature if you prefer. Follow the steps below to check how to place videos side by side.
Step 1. Import Media to Media Library
Follow the above-mentioned importing steps to load the video in Media Library.
Step 2. Place Videos in Different Tracks
Drag and drop the videos to various tracks and make sure that they have the same duration.
Step 3. Positioning in Preview Window
Drag the yellow box in the preview window and adjust the positions and size of each video to make it looks good. Or you can double click the clip in the timeline and then change its position, direction and scale under the Transform option.
Step 4. Audio Adjustment
Mute one audio of the video or both of them, and use your own audio file or the audio effects from Filmora's Audio Library. You can also caption the videos with some cool text effects.
Step 5. Save and Export
After the previewing, click the Export button to export the side-by-side video in different formats or upload it to YouTube and Vimeo directly.
Wondershare Filmora is an efficient video editing software that can help you create videos with split-screen and put 2 or more videos side by side. It is easy to use as well, which makes it even better. For more video editing features of Filmora, you can watch the introduction video below:
There are basically two ways in which an actor can be duplicated in a scene, which are by using a split-screen and using a green screen
by Liza Brown Sep 01, 2022 20:02 PM
This iMovie picture in picture tutorial will tell you how to create picture in picture effect step by step for better video effects in iMovie.
by Liza Brown Jan 11, 2023 16:35 PM
This article introduces a handy video in video software to help you put video in video without any hassle.
by Liza Brown Sep 01, 2022 20:02 PM