- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips
- 8. YouTube Ultimate Guide
What's YouTube Creative Commons and How to Use it to Make Video
Creative Commons is non-profit organization internationally active in providing free licenses that creators can use in order to make their work available to the public. With the creative commons (CC) licenses, the creator has basically given others permission in order to use their work but under specific conditions.
Whenever a work is created, an article or a photograph taken, there is a copyright that protects it so that it cannot be used in certain ways. On the other hand, the CC licenses allows for the creator to choose how they would want others to use their creation.
If you are new to the video editing world, and want to make your YouTube videos more beautiful, here I recommend an easy-to-use video editing software - Wondershare Filmora which not only allows you cut, crop, rotate, and split your videos in minutes, but also simplify the advanced video editing like green screen effect and PIP. You can also find over 300 video effects
- Part 1: What is YouTube Commons
- Part 2: How to Find Creative Commons (CC) Licensed Videos
- Part 3: Can You Download Creative Commons licensed YouTube videos to Edit
- Part 4: How to Use YouTube Creative Commons to Make Videos
Part 1: What is YouTube Creative Commons
YouTube utilizes CC licenses in their content. With it, the content creators can grant others to use their work as sort of a standard. YouTube users can use the Creative Commons CC BY license in marking their videos. When they use the CC By license, the system will generate a signature to the video automatically. This indicates that you are using Creative Commons content and will show the source video’s titles below the video player. The creator retains the copyright of the video while others can reuse your video but under the terms of the license.
You May Also Like: Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons>>
Part 2: How to Find Creative Commons (CC) Licensed Videos
If you are looking for Creative Commons licensed videos, there are different ways or rather, different websites you can go to. These websites are the best place you can find CC licensed videos and ensure that what you are sharing is legal.
- YouTube– YouTube is one of the most common websites you can find CC licensed videos. The easy way to search for CC licensed videos in YouTube is simply to search 'creativecommons' to the end of the search term you are going for.
- Vimeo – This site offers different licenses complete with explanation for each in right side of the main page. Underneath each license, you can find a link to browse of all the videos of the specific type of license you chose. You can also search using the Advance Option to find the right video you are looking for.
- SpinXpress – Lets you search for CC licensed videos using just a search term and the kind of Creative Commons license you are looking for. As long as it’s one of the sources they use, you can also specify the media source of the video.
Here is a tutorial on how to Creative Commons Videos on YouTube:
Part 3: Can You Download Creative Commons licensed YouTube videos to Edit
Many peoplw are asking that can I edit creative commons videos? Well, this is a tricky question becasue it really depends on what creative commons license is used. If the video is CC-BY, it is no doubt that you can dowonload and edit it. CC-BY-SA means you can edit video under the consition of you also allow others to eidt it after you upload it to YouTube. If it is non-commercial, you are definitely not allowed to edit it.
Part 4: How to Use YouTube Creative Commons to Make Videos
YouTube Creative Commons provides you a simple way of using creative works to make your own videos. All you simply need is the YouTube Video Editor and the expanded library of Creative Commons videos o YouTube. There you can choose what videos to edit and then incorporate in your own projects. To find what videos to use, you simply have to search in the YouTube search bar from YouTube Video Editor.
Visit youtube.com/editor and then select CC tab to get started. In order to mark your video with CC license, select the ‘Creative Commons Attribution license’ on the Video Description page or upload page. When using a Creative Commons content to incorporate in your video, you will see the source title of the videos underneath your video player. With that a well, any or all of the videos you used with Creative Commons license, others will be able to share and remix your own creation as long as they give credit for your work.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>