Youtube Video Maker - Wondershare Filmora
Provide abundant video effects and templates
Designed with all-in-one and easy-to-use video editing features.
Support with Professional user guide and interactive tutorials.
Now, YouTube becomes the second largest search engine in the world, over 1 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched per day. People will be using Google apps to access videos on YouTube. Unfortunately, there are existing issues in using the official application such as the stopping of the playback when you minimize the app and the number of annoying ads displayed on the YouTube application. If you want to get rid of these issues, then you might want to choose YouTube App Alternatives for iPhone and Android.
For Apple users, here are some of the best YouTube App Alternatives. We analyzed their top feature and why we decided to include them in this top 5 list.
1. Tube Master
The abundance of features this app provides makes it one of the best alternatives for the YouTube app. Tube Master lets you watch videos while browsing through the millions of videos that are available on the world's largest video-sharing platform. This iOS-based app enables you to search or play videos without having to sign in to your account, and it allows you to change the video playback speed so you can watch videos in slow motion. The Tube Master app lets you create an unlimited amount of playlists and allows you to answer comments or chat messages instantly.
Tube Mater Features
- Available on Google Play Store and third-party app stores
- You can browse videos using the built-in browser
- Allows you to download videos and audios at different resolutions
- Play videos offline with a built-in video player
- You can download videos from multiple social media platforms
- Lightweight app and requires low RAM and storage space
Users can play the video in fast forward or go back
Easy to use
A rich selection of features
2. YouTube ++
The YouTube++ app is designed to make watching and downloading YouTube videos to your device a fun and easy process. What's more, it blocks ads, so you won't have to wait for the ad to finish to be able to continue watching a video. Changing the video playback speed, forward and rewind controls or the auto-reply options are just a few among the many useful features the YouTube++ app offers to its users. Furthermore, the app lets you disable age restrictions, but it only plays videos in default playback quality.
- Runs without Google Play Services
- Download videos and play them offline on your device
- Share videos on WhatsApp and other social media apps
- Comes with an ads blocker
- You can play audio and video in the background
- Allows you to play videos on loop
- You can disable the age restriction
- Comes with a fast-forwarding or rewinding feature for users
- Also comes with an audio and video format converter
Audio player available for downloaded videos
Allows you to play video and audio files while using other apps
Removes ads from the videos you watch
The app isn't available at the AppStore
Limited playback quality capabilities
YouTubers who are passionate about music are going to love using this app because it offers superb search tools that enable them to find their favorite songs within seconds. You can either search songs by name, album or artist. MyTube's users can create their playlists that can continuously play, while the app also provides the option to share videos to Facebook or via email. You can save a song you like on your YouTube account and listen to it whenever you want in just a few simple taps in the MyTube app.
- Create and manage various playlists
- Supports HD quality videos
- Continue watching your current video while you browse the app
- Play music videos in the background while you use other apps
- Download videos and audio to watch or listen offline
- Post and reply to comments
Powerful search tools
The app offers a simple way to create playlists and organize videos or music
Repeat and Shuffle options
MyTube doesn't allow you to download videos from YouTube
No fast forward or rewind options
If you would like to manage your YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion account from a single app on your iPhone or iPad, then the right choice for you is the VideoTube app. Simply log in to your YouTube account and start browsing through the platform's endless collection of videos. The app provides one of the kind widgets that lets you open videos you want to watch from the Notification Center. Browsing through YouTube channels, commenting on videos, or subscribing to channels you like are among the numerous features this app offers to its users.
- Features popular videos from all leading platforms
- You can browse from multiple categories
- User-interface and website layout is similar to YouTube
- You can also submit your own video content
- Download videos and play them offline
You can browse through your search history and watch your favorite videos again
Add videos to the watch list
The app is not prone to crashing
Even though it is free, it contains in-app purchases
Relatively poor codec support
Keeping in touch with the latest trends in the music industry or discovering your new favorite song is easy with Tubex. The iOS-based app shows the hottest music trends for the country from which it is accessed, while its intuitive interface makes searching for new songs a fun process. You can add each song you like to a wishlist or include it in the playlist you created with Tubex. The app lets you create as many playlists as you want so you can easily sort all music you discover. Tubex also features a video player that can be activated by a single tap on the video you'd like to watch.
- Watch and listen to the latest music videos
- Contains unlimited videos arranged reasonably
- Comes with an attractive and user-friendly design
- Allows you to download and share songs and videos
- You can like, share and comment on videos
- Add your favorite videos to the watchlist
- Also comes with a playlist manager
Elegant and functionally designed interface
Users can create an unlimited number of playlists
Makes managing large quantities of video files look easy
In-app purchases are required to unlock all of the app's features
Turbex doesn't offer a video download option
We will not be leaving our Android phone readers behind. For the best YouTube App for their gadgets, here are our top picks for this year.
This Freeware, open-source app is basically a lighter version of the YouTube app that doesn't require any Google Play services to run smoothly. NewPipe collects the URL source from YouTube and displays the information it gathers in the app that is completely independent of this platform. The app's users can search videos, view the video's info, or choose which streaming player they are going to use to watch the video. The app offers support for videos in 1080p, 2K, or 4K resolution, which means that you watch high-quality videos from your phone. The NewPipe app is a great choice for YouTubers who don't have powerful Android phones but still want to enjoy the benefits of browsing the world's largest video-sharing platform.
- Runs without Google Play Services
- Unlimited downloads
- You can set and change the quality of video play
- Play videos in the background while you use other apps
- Download the video and audio at different resolutions.
- Play video as a Pop-up box for multitasking
- Lightweight and consumes low storage and battery
Great browsing and search features
Lets you download videos to your device
Offers support for high-resolution videos
The app is not available on the Google Play store
Limited tools for creating playlists
Like most YouTube client apps, OGYouTube lets you browse the platform, listen to music or watch videos in different resolutions. As a matter of fact, this app is just an older version of the YouTube client app, that still provides the option to download videos. However, if you log into your account on YouTube, with the OGYouTube app you won't be able to download videos. The app's interface is identical to YouTube's interface, which means that you won't have to waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to use OGYouTube.
- Play and download videos directly from the app
- Supports different video qualities
- Play video in background
- Comes with a dark mode on android devices
- Runs parallel with the default YouTube app
- No annoying ads to disturb you
A great option for people who don't have powerful Android phones
Lets you play videos while using other apps
The app doesn't contain ads
Not an official YouTube client app
Not available on Google Play Store
3. YouTube GO
YouTube's official app can be quite demanding since it requires a fast Internet connection. That's the reason why the company launched a lighter version of their official app, which is currently available in 130 countries around the world. One of the greatest advantages of the YouTube Go app is the fact that it lets you choose how many MB you spend on videos. Furthermore, the app is built to work seamlessly even at low Internet speeds, so its users can listen to music or download videos even if they don't have access to an ultra-fast WiFi connection.
YouTube Go Features
- Official YouTube app for rapid downloads and sharing
- Download the app directly from Google Play Store
- You can preview videos before watching
- Download videos to your device and watch offline
- You can watch videos in different qualities
- Lets you control data speed
Video transfers don't use data
Remarkable video sharing capabilities
Compatible with older versions of Android OS
Users can't create playlists
The app contains ads
4. FlyTube APK
Even though FlyTube APK doesn't offer many options, it is still one of the best YouTube app alternatives, because it lets you watch videos directly from YouTube while preserving your data. In order to be able to install it on your device, you must make sure that the OS you have on your phone is at least Android 4.0 or later. FlyTube APK enables you to listen to music from YouTube while chatting or using other apps on your phone. The app's small window is fully adjustable and you can place it in the background while doing other things.
FlyTube APK Features
- Play videos in the pop-up while you use other apps
- Multiple YouTube videos are available to browse from
- Share videos on multiple platforms
- Does not run on Google Play Services
- A small sized app so does not drain battery and storage
A lightweight app that allows you to gain access to YouTube's rich music collection
FlyTube doesn't contain ads or surveys
Great multitasking potential
It easily drains the phone's battery
The app's not available on the Google Play store
If you are looking for an app that will let you listen to music from YouTube on your phone while you are using apps such as Facebook or WhatsApp, then iTube is one of the best choices you can make. The app is specifically designed to save battery and to enable its users to have access to music while they are in areas with no Internet reception. What's more, if you don't want to spend all your monthly data on YouTube videos, iTube offers a great solution for limited bandwidth plans, because it uses a minimum amount of data to play videos.
- Download full-playlists in audio and video formats
- You can convert and download videos in different formats like mp4, AVI, WMV, etc.
- Download videos from multiple different websites and apps
- You can record and upload videos using the built-in screen recorder
- You can adjust data usage
- Easy to use and browse your favorite videos
The app works without Internet
No ads before or during a video
Great source of music on long flights
The app's users can't comment on YouTube videos
Limited sharing capabilities
In recent years, short videos and instant music videos are getting popular, Instagram even launched an app Called IGTV for people to share videos, let alone the hot lip-sync music video sharing app Musical.ly (now Tik Tok) which has 500+ million active users globally. So, if you are eager to create and watch short social media videos, you can try these two apps as well.
Whenever you want to get more subscribers and make money with videos, you really need to pay attention to the video content as content is the king in video marketing. Besides the creative ideas, powerful video editing software for YouTubers will help you to step to the next level. Here are some cool video effects that you may be interested in. Do not hesitate to download Filmora and edit with some cool visual effects to your video today.
Wanted to make YouTube videos by yourself and share them with your audiences? Check this easy-to-use and powerful video editor for YouTube - Wondershare's Filmora, and ignite your video with clicks. Filmora allows you to create 9:16, 1:1 videos for your phone. What's more, you can export your work directly from the computer to YouTube with Filmora.