Create High Quality YouTube Video - Wondershare Filmora
An easy and powerful YouTube video editor
Numerous video and audio effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
YouTube streaming service has kept online users glued to their screens. You can access and share videos and music from any part of the world. Users resolve to YouTube for personal and business affairs. You can use it for a tutorial, promotional event, or just share the fun with other users. Several avenues are available for users to post and share their minds worldwide. So far, it has rolled out a short-form video service, Shorts, which was initially inspired by TikTok.
With Shorts, you can shoot videos, edit, and upload them for your audience. However, YouTube shorts not showing is a common issue for those wishing to share their videos in regular channel feed. You might be wondering how to solve such issues when pushed to the wall. Check out possible solutions in the next section. But first, let’s find out what really are YouTube Shorts.
What is YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts is an app that you can use to shoot and share short-form videos using your mobile phone. Furthermore, you can record and edit your videos as well as music overlays and video segmenting abilities. Viewers will access the videos for 60 seconds or less but will remain on your channel, unlike Stories that disappear after a short while. It was first released in September 2020, having started in the US and India. It has so far encroached many countries and is currently accessed by 6 billion users in over 100 countries.
Where can I find YouTube Shorts?
Many users are curious about how to make full use of YouTube Shorts. You can get the Short at the bottom of the YouTube app on either the homepage or on their channel page.
Is YouTube Shorts available on Google Play or App Store?
No. Unlike other streaming apps, you can’t find YouTube app on Google Play or App Store as it is not a standalone service. YouTube Shorts are found within the service’s main mobile app. It is, therefore, accessible from the YouTube app on your computer or phone at the bottom of the screen.
How to access YouTube Shorts on YouTube app
- First, go to the YouTube app at the bottom of the screen to find the “Shorts” button.
- You’ll then see a selection of thumbnails that harbors popular Shorts.
- Choose any video then click on it to bring you into the vertical video player.
- You can then watch the clip and like or dislike the video as it plays. Just use the “thumbs up” or “down” icon. Likewise, you can share and subscribe to the “Short creator’s” channel.
How to create YouTube Shorts
Do you wish to create YouTube Shorts but you don’t know how to? Here’s the kicker!
Step 1. You first need to install the YouTube app on your device then sign in to your account.
Step 2. Now, tap on the “Create” button. The icon is a “+” symbol in the bottom center of the screen.
Step 3. A pop-up window will open. Tap the “Create a Short” tab. If prompted, allow YouTube to use your phone’s camera and microphone.
Step 4. You’ll then land on the “YouTube Shorts” recording page.
Step 5. Set the length to 60 seconds and bellow. You have the option to slow down or speed up the recording by tapping the “Speed” icon on the right.
Step 6. Likewise, set a time for the camera to start recording automatically. Check below the “Speed” for the “Timer” for setting.
Step 7. Go ahead to edit your Short before posting. You can use “Filters” to apply visual effects.
Step 8. When your camera is set, hit the “Record” button. You can stop the recording by tapping on the Record button, then resume as you wish.
Step 9. Tap on the “Checkmark” when you are done recording. You can add some music and text as well. Then tap on the “Next” button to finish the recording.
Step 10. Then add a title and adjust “Sharing” settings. Also, add the “#shorts” to the title to make it promotional together with other Shorts videos.
Step 11. Finally, tap the “Upload” tab to add your “Shorts” to YouTube.
Here are the solutions for YouTube Common Issues
Since YouTube Shorts is still in the “Beta” mode, users are likely to experience issues while using it. Below are some fixes for YouTube shorts common issues like YouTube Shorts not showing up, unable to post video to YouTube Shorts and etc.
Solution 1. Update YouTube app
Remember apps are ever on the upgrade mode. You are likely to face some connection issues if you are operating on an older version. Here’s is how to update the YouTube app on your Android or iPhone device.
On Android device:
- Launch Google Play Store.
- Next, tap on the “three diagonal lines” at the top section of your screen.
- Then select the “My Apps & Games” option.
- Search for YouTube app and tap on the “Update” button.
On iOS device:
- Open the “App Store”
- Tap on your “Profile” icon.
- Then tap on the “Update” tab to fix the issue.
On your computer:
- Search for YouTube streaming app from the Google Play Store.
- Here, you’ll see an update button in case your app needs an update.
- Next, click on the “Update” button and wait for the update to complete.
- Launch YouTube once more and see whether the YouTube Shorts not showing issue is resolved.
Solution 2. Clear Cache
A corrupt system may also cause issues with the normal operation of your application.
- Go to the “Settings” button on your phone.
- Then go to the “Apps” section and tap on “All Apps”
- Select the “YouTube” app from the list.
- Next, go to the “App Settings” and click on the “Storage” section.
- Tap on the “Clear cache and data” option.
- Finally, relaunch the YouTube app and check whether the issue is resolved.
Solution 3. Check if Shorts is available in your country
Remember that “Shorts” isn’t available in all the countries yet. So, you can confirm whether it is already in your country. If not, you can bypass GEO restrictions by using free VPNs.
- First, download and install a VPN app.
- Next, select the USA or India server location to fake a GPS location.
- Then clear the cache from the YouTube app and click it open.
- You should now find the option to view and even upload Shorts from your device.
Solution 4. Ensure your video is set as YouTube Shorts
Your video should be set as YouTube Shorts before posting.
- Identify the video that you wish to post.
- Add the “#shorts” in your title and description.
- See that each video is up to 60 seconds only.
- Post the video and see whether the issue isn’t reoccurring.
It’s a nice feeling to learn how to upload YouTube Shorts and share the fun with others worldwide. However, you may experience YouTube Shorts not showing due to restrictions in your country or other issues. We have tackled adequate solutions to solve such scenarios and make your Shorts go online. Nonetheless, check out the steps to access and create YouTube Shorts in just a few steps.