- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices+
- 6.1 How to Edit YouTube Videos on Android
- 6.2 How to Edit YouTube Videos on iPhone
- 6.3 How to Edit Videos for YouTube on PC
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips
- 8. YouTube Ultimate Guide
How to Edit Videos for YouTube on PC
If you have always wanted to upload your own videos to YouTube, but you don't know the best way to go about, we are glad to let you know that you are on the right page. At the end of it, you shall have learnt how to edit YouTube videos on PC, including all the tools you need.
Recommended Product – Wondershare Filmora
There is a simpler way for those who are serous with editing YouTube videos on PC and you don't have to install any of these editing tools. This is made possible by using Wondershare Filmora – an all in one video editor that gives you the power to edit audios and videos, record PC screen, edit audio and add custom colors and voice over with a lot of ease. The following are some of the specific benefits and features you will be entitled to when you use Wondershare Filmora to edit YouTube videos on PC-:
Why choose Wondershare Filmora
- Ability to record the screen of your PC together with the voice
- Edit all your audios with audio mixers and equalizers
- Has wonderful filters, overlays, and text effects
- Has a color turning tool to allow you correct white balances and much more
- Let you to upload videos directly to YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook
You may also like: How to Edit YouTube Videos on iPhone >>
Tools you need to edit YouTube videos on PC
There are quite a number of tools used for editing YouTube videos on PC, some are paid while others are available for free. The following are some of the most versatile tools currently available for editing videos on PC-:
1. Wondershare Filmora –An intuitive video editor with a wide range of advanced tools and video effects.
2. Window Movie Maker –this is a free video editor available for PC. It is easy and intuitive to use, though it lacks some of the advanced functionalities needed for professional video editing.
3. Adobe Premiere – This is one of the professional video editors available for PC and it is not a free tool. It comes with advanced features and functionalities needed for professional video editing and for you to use it you will have to part with about $49.99 per month.
1. Filmora scrn – A high quality screen recorder with editing features.
2. CamStudio – this is 100% free screen recording software. It, however, comes with a lot of promotions once installed and this rather annoying for most users.
3. ScreenFlow –ScreenFlow has a free version you could use for high quality screen captures, but for you to get the most from it, you will have to upgrade to the paid versions.For more information on screen recorders for Windows, kindly check this link.
1. Audacity –Audacity has an intuitive user interface, featuring a simple design without unnecessary features to clog things up. Its footprint is relatively small and it can run on PC nonstop. The only thing you won't like about it is that you will only be able to get as far as bedroom recording with it.
2. WavePad – this has a fully customizable user interface that will work both for beginners as well as professionals. It is easy to use and will suffice most of your needs as far as editing YouTube videos on PC is concerned.For more information about audio editing tools and tips, check out This article.
4.Color Grading Tools
1. DaVinci Resolve Lite – This is a powerful dedicated color grading platform that will give you awesome result when you edit YouTube videos on PC.
2. Adobe SpeedGrade – When you use this together with Premiere Pro, you will have the fastest color grading experience in the world. The only caveats to using it are that the tracking is not the best and the workflow when using it on Windows is not that streamlined either.
Want to know more color grading tips? Please check this article>>
Part 2: Detailed Steps for editing videos for YouTube on PC
Irrespective of the editing software you use, following the steps outlined below will make it is easy for you to edit videos for YouTube on PC. Assuming you already have made your mind on the editing software of choice, use the following steps to edit and export your completed work-:
1.Split or combine your video clips
Most of the editing programs you use will have a timeline view of your work where you can easily cut or drop your shots. Each of the shots taken is actually a separate file which you will have to combine with others to make the video. Form the timeline view, move the shots around, cut, trim or shorten them as you desire. You can also add transitions between shots so that your final production may have a professional look.
2.Add texts, photos, Music and other effects
Once the individual shots have been edited into a single video, it is now time for you to add the special effects. This is the time to add stuff such as texts, photos, music and other special effect you may want to see on the video. If you are worried about doing this, just know that you don't have to be a pro editor to do all these since most of the program will guide you through on how to add all the special effects.
3.Save and export
After you have done with adding all the special effects, choose the file format for saving your video then export it. YouTube accepts major file formats and these include MP4, AVI or WMA hence you will be okay when you use any of them.
These are the basic steps you will use when you want to edit YouTube videos on PC. Just remember to use the right widescreen format and also render your files in either 1080i or 720p high definition.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>