- YouTube Guide
- Try It Free Try It Free
- 1. Make Money on YouTube+
- 1.1 8 Ways to Make Money on YouTube for Beginners
- 1.2 How to Make Money on YouTube
- 1.3 YouTube Money Calculator
- 2. Best for YouTube Editing+
- 2.1 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 2.2 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
- 2.3 Best YouTube Video Editor Apps for Android
- 2.4 Best 8 YouTube Editing Software for Linux
- 2.5 Best 10 Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 2.6 Free Online Video Editors for YouTube
- 2.7 Free Green Screen Background for YouTube Videos
- 2.8 YouTube Recording Software for Gamers
- 2.9 YouTube App Alternatives
- 2.10 Best Free YouTube Video Editing Apps for iOS
- 2.11 YouTube App for iPhone and Android
- 2.12 YouTube Video Editor Alternatives
- 2.13 Best Websites for Downloading YouTube Intro Templates
- 2.14 Youtube Banners Makers: 10 Online Tools to Create Channel Art
- 2.15 Top 10 Free Online YouTube Intro Makers
- 2.16 Best 12 YouTube Gaming Intro Makers - Free and Paid
- 2.17 Top 10 BEST FREE YouTube Thumbnail Makers
- 2.18 Voice Changer for YouTube
- 3. YouTube Videos Editing Tips +
- 3.1 How to Make YouTube Video
- 3.2 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 3.3 YouTube Video Editor Guide and Review
- 3.4 YouTube Enhancements
- 3.5 Edit YouTube Videos on PC
- 3.6Edit YouTube Videos in iMovie
- 3.7 Edit YouTube Videos in FCPX
- 3.8 Edit YouTube Videos in Adobe Premiere
- 3.9 Edit YouTube videos in WMM
- 3.10 Edit YouTube Videos in Sony Vegas
- 3.11 Add YouTube End Screen and Cards
- 4. How to Edit YouTube Videos +
- 4.1 Rotate YouTube Video
- 4.2 Add Text to YouTube Video
- 4.3 Blur Faces in YouTube Videos
- 4.4 Add Subtitles and Closed Captions to YouTube Video
- 4.5 Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 4.6 Add Logo or Watermark to YouTube Video
- 4.7 Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 4.8 Video Color Correction for YouTube Beauty
- 4.9 Remove Black Bars from YouTube Videos
- 4.10 Remove YouTube Videos
- 4.11 Edit YouTube Audio
- 4.12 How To Add Custom Thumbnails to Your YouTube Videos
- 4.13 Add Music to YouTubeVideo
- 4.14 Edit Video Length
- 4.15 Record Screen and Upload to YouTube
- 4.16 Make YouTub Intro
- 4.17 Blur Background in YouTube
- 4.18 Upload Videos to YouTube
- 5. YouTube SEO & Marketing +
- 5.1 YouTube Unlisted
- 5.2 Deal with YouTube Trolls & Comments
- 5.3 Get More Video Views on YouTube
- 5.4 Add Captions to YouTube Videos
- 5.5 Get More Subscribers on YouTube
- 5.6 Create a YouTube Account
- 5.7 Social Media Trends
- 5.8 Social Video Marketing Tips for SMB
- 5.9 YouTube Facts &F igures and Statistics
- 5.10 Make Killer YouTube Channel Art
- 5.11 YouTube Creative Commons
- 5.12 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 5.13 Change YouTube Privacy Setting
- 5.14 Edit YouTube Channel Description
- 5.15 Optimize YouTube Tags/Title/Description
- 5.16 Create a YouTube Channel Trailer
How to Edit Videos for YouTube on PC
To create a successful YouTube video, you need to shoot the video and edit it on Windows or Mac. (You can find the whole processing of making a YouTube video if needed.) If you have always wanted to make your own videos and upload to YouTube to share, but you don't know the best way to go about, then you shouldn’t miss this article. In the following part, I’ll share with you some best tools that you will need to edit YouTube videos and at the end of it, I’ll show you the detailed steps of how to edit YouTube videos with the video editor Filmora on computer.
- Part 1: Tools you need to edit YouTube videos on PC
- Part 2: Editing Videos for YouTube on PC [Detailed Steps]
Best Tools for Editing YouTube Videos on PC
Before editing, you need to choose a good enough video editor for YouTube video which can combine your footage clips seamlessly and export in high quality. To be honest, there are so many video editing software for YouTube available on the market and quite a number of tools used for editing YouTube videos on PC, some are paid while others are available for free. To save your time in picking the best one, we’ve listed some of the best tools for you to Edit YouTube videos.
Top 3 Recommended Video Editor Tools for Editing YouTube Videos on PC
The following are some of the most versatile video editor tools currently available for editing videos on PC
1. Wondershare Filmora – Best Video Editor for Beginners to Edit YouTube Videos
Filmora is an intuitive video editor with a wide range of advanced tools and video effects. We listed Filmora at the first spot because it is recommended by many users and reviewers as the best video editor for beginners and also provides sophisticated features.
Filmora is a simpler way for those who are serous with editing YouTube videos on PC and Mac and you don't have to install any other editing tools. As an all in one video editor, Filmora gives you the power to edit audios and videos, record PC screen, edit audio and add custom colors and voice over with a lot of ease. The following are some of the specific benefits and features you will be entitled to when you use Wondershare Filmora to edit YouTube videos on PC and Mac. You can download the trial version to have a try and share with me about your opinion .
Why choose Wondershare Filmora
- Ability to record the screen of your PC together with the voice
- Edit all your audios with audio mixers and equalizers
- Has wonderful filters, overlays, and text effects
- Has a color turning tool to allow you correct white balances and much more
- Let you to upload videos directly to YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook
You may also like: How to Edit YouTube Videos on iPhone >>
2. Window Movie Maker –
Windows Movie Maker is a totally free video editor available for Windows7/8 users, so if you're a YouTube beginner without no budget for video editing software, you can start with it. It is easy and intuitive to use, though it lacks some of the advanced functionalities needed for professional video editing. After being skilled in video editing, you may need some alternatives to Windows Movie Maker, in this case, check our picks of the best free video editing software for Windows.
Windows Movie Maker Interface
3. Adobe Premiere Pro –
This is one of the professional video editors available for PC and it is not a free tool. It comes with advanced features and functionalities needed for professional video editing and for you to use it you will have to pay with about $19.99 - $74.99 per month.
Screenshot from Adobe Premiere Pro CC Release Video
Professional Screen Recorder Tools for YouTube Videos
If you are making a tutorial video, a software how-to video or a gameplay video on YouTube, you may also need a screen recording software to record what happening on your computer and show it with your viewers. In this case, we’ve picked some screen recording tools that you may need. Some of them both feature the video editing tools and screen recording tools.
1. Filmora scrn – A high quality screen recorder with editing features.
2. ScreenFlow –ScreenFlow has a free version you could use for high quality screen captures, but for you to get the most from it, you will have to upgrade to the paid versions.
For more information on screen recorders for Windows, kindly check our picks about best screen recorder for YouTub. .
Note: Filmora now also feature a more powerful recording features, so you can now record screen and audio and edit video in one place.
Professional Audio Editors for YouTube Videos Editing
Audacity has an intuitive user interface, featuring a simple design without unnecessary features to clog things up. Its footprint is relatively small and it can run on PC nonstop. The only thing you won't like about it is that you will only be able to get as far as bedroom recording with it.
This audio editor has a fully customizable user interface that will work both for beginners as well as professionals. It is easy to use and will suffice most of your needs as far as editing YouTube videos on PC is concerned.
For more information about audio editing tools and tips, check out How to Add Audio to Video.
Professional Color Grading Tools for YouTube Videos
To adjust the brightness, white balance, tone or apply 3D LUT effects to your video, you can complete all of these in Filmora or use the following color correction software.
When you use this together with Premiere Pro, you will have the fastest color grading experience in the world. The only caveats to using it are that the tracking is not the best and the workflow when using it on Windows is not that streamlined either.
Looking for more professional color grading tools? Check Best Color Grading & Correction Software>>
Part 2: Editing videos for YouTube on PC [Detailed Steps]
Irrespective of the editing software you use, following the steps outlined below will make it is easy for you to edit videos for YouTube on PC. Assuming you already have made your mind on the editing software of choice, use the following steps to edit and export your completed work. To better demonstrate the steps of YouTube video editing, I’ll use Filmra9 video editor to edit YouTube Video.
1.Split or combine your video clips
Most of the editing programs you use will have a timeline view of your work where you can easily cut or drop your shots. Each of the shots taken is actually a separate file which you will have to combine with others to make the video. The split feature in Filmora can cut footage into parts and then you can move it to desired position or just delete the unnecessary part. You can choose any part of the video quickly with the Quick Trim feature in preview. Besides, Filmora supports almost all popular video and photo formats, so there will be no obstacle when you want to combine footage shot with different devices. You can add photos to video or audio to video.
To combine several footages into one, just place all clips in the video track in order. Form the timeline view, move the shots around, cut, trim or shorten them as you desire. You can also add transitions between shots so that your final production may have a professional look.
2. Crop, Rotate, Pan & Zoom
You can rotate the video at any angle at any direction and change the scale of video footage or other transform. If you want viewers to focus on some part of the frame, you can use try the Pan & Zoom feature.
Learn more about How to Zoom in Video After It's Recorded or Saved?
3.Add texts, Music and other effects
Once the individual shots have been edited into a single video, it is now time for you to add the special effects. This is the time to add stuff such as texts, music and other special effect you may want to see on the video. If you are worried about doing this, just know that you don't have to be a pro editor to do all these since most of the program will guide you through on how to add all the special effects.
4.Save and export
After you have done with adding all the special effects, choose the file format for saving your video then export it. YouTube accepts major file formats and these include MP4, AVI or WMA hence you will be okay when you use any of them.
Filmora also allows you to upload videos to YouTube platform directly since it will choose the format and frame rate or codec which suit best.
These are the basic steps you will use when you want to edit YouTube videos on PC. Just remember to use the right widescreen format and also render your files in either 1080i or 720p high definition.
YouTuber Jamie Keet from Teacher's Tech channel has made a tutorial about how to edit videos on Filmora. This video is detailed and let us know if you think it is helpful in the comment below.
Here are some of the top 9 classic movies that you can find for free on YouTube right now.
by Richard Bennett Sep 01, 2022 20:02 PM
This article introduces 2 solutions to convert youtube to mp3 on both desktop solution and online solution.
by Richard Bennett Nov 17, 2022 20:18 PM
This article tells you how to convert mp3 to YouTube with easy-to-use tool.
by Richard Bennett Jan 11, 2023 16:27 PM