How to Add Text to YouTube Video Before or After Uploading
YouTube has a built-in video editor, which you can use when you have to make some changes on your videos. With this built-in video editor, you will never have to go further because you can instantly do the adding of text on the site itself.
If you need more advanced features like PIP, Green Screen, or audio mixing, check this easy to use and powerful video editor- Wondershare Filmora , and ignite your video by clicks.
Here are the steps on how you can add text to your videos with YouTube Video Editor.
- Go to www.youtube.com then sign in to your account.
- After signing in, click the "Upload" button that is beside the search bar.
- Once you have clicked the upload button, you will be able to see option then click the video Editor.
- After you have clicked the video editor, you can see all the videos that you have in your account.
- Above your uploaded videos, you can see the options my videos, CC, Camera, Music, Transition and Text button. Click the latter.
- You will be able to see the styles of text that you want to apply to you YouTube video. Drag down the style that you want to use to the box below which is called the timeline.
- After dragging, a box will pop up where you can have a preview of the text. You can also find here the text box where you can add the text. You can change the font, color, size and style of the text. Not only that, as you can also change the background color.
- After entering the text, just click done on the bottom part of the pop up box.
- You can also add transition of the text on the exit and enter part.
- Once everything is okay, you can change the name of the video and you can do it in the box beside Project.
Cons of Using YouTube Video Editor
When you make use of this editor, you cannot shorten the clips for music. Moreover, since it is an online editor, you need to refresh the page in order to do the changes. Aside from YouTube Video Editor, you can use Adobe Premier Pro, MAGIX Vegas Pro, OpenShot and Avidemux.
How to Add Text to video with YouTube before uploading
On the other hand, you can add text even before you upload any videos on YouTube. You can make use of soft wares like Filmora, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Adobe Premier. These soft wares are great video editors, which can help you input text easily.
1. Use Filmora
- Import your video to timeline.
- Drag a text template and add text.
- After, you can adjust the text that you have added in order to match the video.
2. Use Windows Movie Maker
- To start, launch the Windows Movie Maker.
- After, select import video to insert the video that you want to add text with.
- Select edit movie then click make credits or titles.
- Then add the text that you want to include.
3. Use Sony Vegas Movie Studio
- Launch Sony Vegas Movie Studio.
- Click the View Menu then select Media Generators.
- Choose the generator that you want to use.
- After, drag the generator you have chosen on the timeline.
- Then, the video event FX dialogue box will appear.
- Enter the text that you want and modify it by changing the font, size and style.
4. Use Adobe Premier
- Click open or create project.
- Click the file menu then choose new and title.
- After, the text window will appear then utilize the text tool to add text.
- You can also edit your text using the commands that are provided in the Title Menu.
- Save the text that you have made by clicking the file menu then choose Save As.
YouTube is not only a site for videos but is also the place where you can edit your videos in an instant. As you have read, adding text to the uploaded videos is just a breeze.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips+
- 7.1 Video Color Correction for YouTube Beauty
- 7.2 How to Make Killer YouTube Channel Art
- 7.3 How to Create a Channel Trailer
- 7.4 How to Record the Screen and Upload it to YouTube
- 7.5 Add Text to YouTube Video Before/After Uploading
- 7.6 Best 10 Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 7.7 Top 10 Game Video Recorders
- 7.8 How to Slow Down YouTube Videos
- 7.9 How to make GIF from YouTube videos
- 7.10 Green Screen Background for YouTube Videos