How to Add Audio in After Effects
After effects is not efficient for audio and video editing as it is mainly a compositor, but audio can be added to a video in After Effects by the following method:
- Start the program and open a new project.
- Import the files in the project panel.
- Import the audio file to the project file as well (that is required to be added).
- Make sure to convert the audio file to .mp3 format.
- Drag and drop the audio onto the composition.
- Adjust settings.
- Save changes.
How to preview audio in After Effects
After adding the audio you can also preview the audio and video by simply:
• Making sure audio is enabled
• For Mac user press “Cmd+0”
• For Windows users press “0”
How to add audio using Adobe After Effects alternative
The process can be time consuming and may have room for error. A much more efficient and easier method is provided by Wondershare Filmora with many versatile options as well enhancing the overall user experience. The steps are as follows:
- Start the program and import the required files.
- Import audio files as well.
- Simply add an audio track to the timeline through settings.
- Drag and drop the required audio file to the audio track.
- In order to replace the added audio you can simply right click and delete it from the audio track and add a new audio file to it.
- You can simply press play to preview.
- Save changes and export.
5 best audio editing software
- FL Studio 12.1.2
- Adobe Audition
This is definitely one of the most popular editing tools because of how simple and easy it is to use. It is great for beginners who need professional-level editing tools. It is possible to use any audio format on this software including MP3, WMA, OGG, VOX, GSM, etc.
This is free software that works on multiple platforms and supports multi-track editing and even live audio recording. It has a very simple user interface that makes it easy to learn on and get used to while offering professional features and ensuring the best quality.
This digital editing workstation is definitely not for beginners. Trained professionals who are familiar with editing software will not have a lot of trouble adjusting to this format. This is a professional tool that offers a convenient platform for editing and mixing.
Here you will get a mix of simplicity and professionalism. It is easy to get used to but progresses in complexity with time.
Wavosaur is an old tool that doesn’t run on most modern computers and laptops. But it does offer many features and methods of processing for audio clips.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>