- • After Effects User Guide
- 1. Basic Editing+
- 1.2 How to Cut Video in After Effects
- 1.3 How to Make an Intro in After Effects
- 1.4 How to combine clips in After Effects
- 1.5 How to rotate a video in After Effects
- 1.6 How to speed up/slow down footage
- 1.7 How to add audio in After Effects
- 2. Animation editing+
- 2.1 How to Make Character Animation
- 2.2 How to Make an Animated Logo
- 2.3 How to Create Text Animation
- 2.4 How to Make 3D Animation
- 2.5 How to Create Motion Graphics
- 3. Advanced Edtiing+
- 3.1 Make a Kinetic Typography Video
- 3.2 How to Create a Mask from a Shape
- 3.3 How to key green screen footage
- 3.4 Color grading in After Effects
- 3.5 Pan and zoom in After Effects
- 3.6 Make slow-motion/timelapse clips
- 3.7 Free After Effects templates
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 After Effects Shortcuts
- 4.2 Top 10 Best Free After Effects Plugins
- 4.3 After Effects Alternative for Windows/Mac
- 4.4 Top 10 After Effects Tips & Tricks
- Start the program and import the required files.
- Drag and drop the video files to the timeline and simply add transitions if required.
- Export the file and save it as a single video file.
- Start the program and open the files in the project panel that you wish to combine.
- Drag and drop each file from the project panel to the timeline panel provided at the bottom.
- At the time line panel you can arrange the shots in whatever order desired by clicking and dragging them.
- Within the timeline panel select the videos that you wish to combine.
- In the After Effects tool bar click on “Layers>Pre-Compose”
- Name the combined layers, click and click “Move all to a new composition” and then click “OK”.
- Save changes.
How to Combine Clips in After Effects
Adobe After Effects is not a traditional video editing software, it is mainly a software that is used to add effects to a video that has been processed. However, it can be used to combine clips using a certain method which is described in the steps mentioned below:
This is a basic tutorial about After Effects, professional video editing software. However, if video editing is new to you, consider Wondershare Filmora, which can combine clips in 3 very simple and easier than ever steps as mentioned below, making the task much more time saving and easy without compromising the quality of the results.
How to Combine Clips in After Effects
Best Free Alternatives of Adobe After Effects:
After Effects because of its limitations as a video editing program is often not recommended for the job, but there are many free alternatives out there that can be used instead for better user experience and improved results. The top 5 of which are listed below:
This open source program is an efficient video effect software alternative to After Effects which provides many exciting features such as compositing, 3D text effects, adding motion effects etc.
This is an open source program that runs freely on all operating systems including MaC, Windows and Linux. It provides users the opportunity to perform 3D modeling as well as video effects effectively.
The interface and concepts of this open source program were mainly derived from a previous software called “Nuke”. It is also a video effects and composite software which provides many new features and efficient tools for high speed and maximum quality composite results.
Maya is a helpful software that allows the users to create 3D models, animations and helps compositors get the job done quickly. It has a very interactive user interface as well.
As the catchy name of the software suggests it provides thrilling options and features to its users along with plenty of aesthetics in the user interface. It is even referred to the “highest speed compositor of the present market”. It provides certain features such as, 3D modeling, adding effects, stereo sounds etc.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>