- • After Effects User Guide
- 1. Basic Editing+
- 1.2 How to Cut Video in After Effects
- 1.3 How to Make an Intro in After Effects
- 1.4 How to combine clips in After Effects
- 1.5 How to rotate a video in After Effects
- 1.6 How to speed up/slow down footage
- 1.7 How to add audio in After Effects
- 2. Animation editing+
- 2.1 How to Make Character Animation
- 2.2 How to Make an Animated Logo
- 2.3 How to Create Text Animation
- 2.4 How to Make 3D Animation
- 2.5 How to Create Motion Graphics
- 3. Advanced Edtiing+
- 3.1 Make a Kinetic Typography Video
- 3.2 How to Create a Mask from a Shape
- 3.3 How to key green screen footage
- 3.4 Color grading in After Effects
- 3.5 Pan and zoom in After Effects
- 3.6 Make slow-motion/timelapse clips
- 3.7 Free After Effects templates
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 After Effects Shortcuts
- 4.2 Top 10 Best Free After Effects Plugins
- 4.3 After Effects Alternative for Windows/Mac
- 4.4 Top 10 After Effects Tips & Tricks
- Start the program and import the video files that you want to combine.
- Drag and drop the video files to the timeline and simply add transitions if required.
- Export the file and save it as a single video file.
- It can be used as a plug-in to make it more professional
- You can merge/combine video in a few steps
- You can use partical generator to make more effects
- Quickly CPU & GPU rendering
- It offers various sculpting tools and brushes
- Auto and manual VFX tracking
- It can even create 5D effects
- It is a flexible software to combine videos
- It has a powerful GUI software
- It offeres an integrated functions
- It also can handle combining videos
- It supports VR and 3D technology
- GPU accelerated performance is a plus
How to Combine Clips in After Effects
Adobe After Effects is not a traditional video editing software, it is mainly a software that is used to add effects to a video that has been processed. However, it can also be used to combine clips using a certain method which is described in the steps mentioned below. If you want to know how to merge layers in After Effects, continue reading!
This is a basic tutorial about After Effects, professional video editing software. However, if video editing is new to you, consider Wondershare Filmora, which can combine clips in three very simple steps as mentioned below, making the task much more time saving and easy without compromising the quality of the results.
Part 1: How to Combine Clips in After Effects
Merging layers in After Effects is so easy to understand if you follow the steps below.
Step 1: Import videos
Start the program and open the files in the project panel that you wish to combine. Drag and drop each file from the project panel to the timeline panel provided at the bottom.
Step 2: Sequence layers
Right click on the video file at the bottom left corner. Select Keyframe Assistant > Sequence Layers. Then a pop-up window will appear. Click OK.
Step 3: Export
Then you will find the two video clips are seamlessly mergered together. Now save changes and export.
Part 2: Best Free Alternatives of Adobe After Effects
After Effects because of its limitations as a video editing program is often not recommended for the job, but there are many free alternatives out there that can be used instead for better user experience and improved results. The top 5 of which are listed below:
This open source program is an efficient video effect software alternative to After Effects which provides many exciting features such as compositing, 3D text effects, adding motion effects etc.
This is an open source program that runs freely on all operating systems including MaC, Windows and Linux. It provides users the opportunity to perform 3D modeling as well as video effects effectively.
The interface and concepts of this open source program were mainly derived from a previous software called “Nuke”. It is also a video effects and composite software which provides many new features and efficient tools for high speed and maximum quality composite results.
Maya is a helpful software that allows the users to create 3D models, animations and helps compositors get the job done quickly. It has a very interactive user interface as well.
As the catchy name of the software suggests it provides thrilling options and features to its users along with plenty of aesthetics in the user interface. It is even referred to the “highest speed compositor of the present market”. It provides certain features such as, 3D modeling, adding effects, stereo sounds etc.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>