- The Ultimate Guide to Games
- 1. Popular Games
- 1.1 Top 12 Best Free Games You Should Play in 2017
- 1.2 Top 10 Best Free Web Games
- 1.3 Top 10 Best Car Racing Games in 2017
- 1.4 10 Awesome Racing Games for Android
- 1.5 Top 10 Most Fascinating Android Fighting Games
- 1.6 Most Popular Puzzle Games in 2017
- 1.7 Top Action Games that you Should Play
- 1.8 Best Adventure Game Recommended for 2017
- 1.9 Top Educational Games for Kids
- 1.10 The Best Rhythm/ Music Games
- 1.11 Top Camera Games in 2017
- 1.12 Top 10 Websites to Download PC Games for Free
- 1.13 10 Best Free PC and Android Game Download Sites
- 1.14 10 Fun Car Games For Kids
- 1.15 Top 10 Racing Games on PS4 in 2017
- 2. Free Games +
- 2.1 New Games of 2017
- 2.2 Best Free Online Shooting Games
- 2.3 Best Video Game Consoles of 2017
- 2.4 The Best GBC Games
- 2.5 The Top 3D Video Games
- 2.6 The 10 Best Sports Games You Should Play in 2017
- 2.7 The Top Best Games for Girls
- 2.8 Best Bike Racing Games That You Should Play
- 2.9 10 Most Popular Parking Games for Android
- 3. Editors and Downloaders +
- 3.1 Best Free Video Editor for Gamers
- 3.2 Tips for Editing Your Game Videos
- 3.3 Best Game Video Downloaders
- 3.4 How to Download Game Videos
- 4. Recorders +
- 4.1 How to Record Your Desktop with Ease?
- 4.2 How To Record Your Screen On Windows 8
- 4.3 How to Capture Streaming Audio
- 4.4 How to Capture Netflix Stream
How To Record Your Screen On Windows 8
There can be many reasons as to why you need to record computer screen. Whether you want to record your screen for revision purposes, whether you want to have a particular video or movie on your computer save list, or even if you are the proud owner of a gaming page on YouTube and need to record your gameplay. Recording your screen does not need to be something that is difficult. And there are extensions and softwares in place to aid you in this process.
- Method 1: Use Free Chrome Extension
- Method 2: Use Free Recording Software
- Method 3: Use Paid Software For Pro Recorders
Method 1: Use Free Chrome Extension
Awesome Screenshot is a service that works via Google Chrome and is very much one of the top rated screen capture & image annotation tools available to the public.
They have done something for their user base in the form of removing all in-app purchases and making all features including those that were previously premium features. Free for all to use.
Due to the fact that it is a Google Chrome extension it is for capturing web pages - any part of a web page at that. From comments and annotations, to blurring sensitive information it can all be done with extension.
Steps to download and use it to record computer screen:
Step 1: Download and Install Awesome Screen Shot from the Chrome store
Step 2: Capture your video - You can decide what section of the screen if not the whole screen. Supports both PNG and horizontal scrolling, can capture desktop screen.
Step 3: Annotate & Edit - You can add comments, shapes and annotate how you like, you can then edit the video and share a screenshot to social media.
Step 4: Save & Share - Save to your local disk, once uploaded to the Awesome Screenshot website they will provide a shareable link.
Method 2: Use Free Recording Software
Ezvid Free Screen Recorders is the best free screen recording software. Ezvid records computer screens but not just websites but games and everything else you may want to record. It has very many features that include a facecam, voice synthesis and screen drawing.
Below is the tutorial video on how to record computer screen:
Here's the stpes:
Step 1: Download and Install Ezvid Free Screen Recorders latest version
Step 2: Open the software
Step 3: Click capture screen button (Make sure you have applied the settings you need).
Step 4: Stop recording when ready - Automatically saves to timeline
Step 5: Edit the video
Step 6: Save & Upload - The software has an upload to YouTube button.
Method 3: Use Paid Software For Pro Recorders
Filmora Wondershare is an editing tool for professional video recorders and editors. Voted 4 out of 5 stars it can be used as a brilliant alternative editing software to Windows Movie Maker and iMovie for those on Macs. As a user of Filmora Wondershare there is no doubt that you will be impressed with the number of functions that are available with the software and also the general capability of it. In terms of what videos you can import and edit etc. On its next release of Filmora 6.8 it will no longer just be a video editor but it will have a screen recording function added to it as well, as well as a video stabiliser and reverse tool. Best thing about this is current users of the software will be able to download this update complete free of charge. So, how could this function be used?
Step 1: Download & Install the programme
Step 2: Once opened on the upper left corner of the interface you will notice a record button, click this. Here you can either record from webcam or record computer screen.
Step 3: Select what recording mode you want, what audio output, drag the icon to choose what are you want to record.
Step 4: Choose more options bottom right if necessary. Including implementing hotkeys
Step 5: Click record icon
Step 6: Stop recording
Step 7: Video is automatically saved to the software timeline for you to edit and save.
These are just a few extensions and softwares the can be used to record computer screens for your Windows 8 device. They are also the highest voted recording softwares in their fields. Those being Chrome extension, Free downloadable software, and paid professional downloadable software. Recording your screen on a Windows 8 device need not be complicated and depending on your personal needs one of these three could really help you.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>