An Up-to-date Guide to Social Media Aspect Ratio
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
These days, people are relying on social media to grab the attention of their audience but this is not possible without the correct creation of the videos. That's how we will start on talking about Social Media Aspect Ratio.
In this article
Part 1 Which Platform Do You Want to Optimize Your Video For? Will It Be YouTube, Facebook or Instagram?
Videos have become the great tool nowadays in order to get your brand’s conversion higher. The reason behind this is people feel more connected and engaged in the videos rather than text content. Moreover, it is more important to know that videos get about 135% more reach on Facebook and Instagram. On Twitter these video contents get 6 times more retweeted. However, specs and Social Media Aspect Ratio get a constant change. So, it is important to keep changing the sizes and video aspects as per the demands. No matter the videos are on YouTube, Facebook or Instagram, if they will not stand out on all the guidelines then they will lose the reach.
Part 2 Why is It Important to Get Social Media Video Sizes Right?
When you are creating video content to promote your brand, then it becomes necessary that you manage the things to be right. There are so many things that needed to be considered and here are some of them:
● You will need to make sure that the images and the videos you are using do not have pixilation issues. It may cause them look awkwardly stretching.
● If the size of the images and videos will not be correct then it can cut down some or important message that you want to convey.
● Being familiar with the correct size of videos and images makes you capable of uploading them on any social media channel. This can help boost the engagement of the audience.
● Correct sizing can also help you at the long run as this makes you ready for any network on which you will need to post the images and videos.
Part 3 What Aspect Ratio Should Be Selected for Different Application Scenario?
It is vital to select the best aspect ratio for social mediaplatforms to make the videos get a more reach and engagement. Here are the some important factors that are essential to select for different applications:
Instagram videos get a special reach so it is worth to say that these videos are a must invest.
● Recommended size: The most recommended sizes of Instagram videos are 1080 by 1080p and 1080 by 1920 p.
● Minimum width: The minimum width must be around 600 by 600p.
● Supported aspect ratios: You can upload videos of aspect ratios from 16:9 to 9:16.
● Recommended specs: The videos must be in MOV or MP4 format. The maximum and minimum file sizes are 4 GB and 30 MB respectively. Also your video must not exceed 60 seconds in length and the frame rate should be 30fps.
Videos on Facebook appear in several formats. All the formats do have almost similar requirements but at some times it may vary.
● Recommended size: The most recommended size for posting videos on Facebook is 1280 by 720p. You can post feed videos, in-stream ad videos, etc. in the recommended size. Carousel videos are posted in the size of 1080 by 1080p.
● Minimum width: It must be minimum 600p.
● Supported aspect ratios: Here you can post your video of aspect ratio varying from 4:5, 2:3, 9:16 and 1:1.
● Recommended specs: The file size on Facebook should not exceed 4GB. The formats that can be used are MOV and MP4 with the frame rate of 30fps. Also the length of videos should be maximum 240 minutes or less.
YouTube is a larger platform than Facebook and Instagram. This is the reason it allows a number of video sizes to upload in.
● Recommended size: The most recommended size to upload videos on YouTube is 1920 by 1080p but it also allows uploading videos in 2560 by 1440p and 3840 by 2160p.
● Minimum width: YouTube allows a minimum width of 426 by 240p.
● Supported aspect ratios: On YouTube the supported aspect ratios are 16:9 and 4:3.
● Recommended specs: The maximum length of the video must be 12 hours long and the file size must not exceed 128 GB. The formats that can be used are MOV, MP4, AVI, MPEG4, FLV, etc.
● Recommended size: The most recommended size for LinkedIn videos is 1920 by 1080p.
● Minimum width: The minimum width accepted for LinkedIn videos is 360p.
● Recommended specs: The maximum length of LinkedIn videos must be less than 10 minutes. The file size should not exceed 5 GB with a maximum frame rate of 60fps.
● Recommended size: You should upload videos on Snapchat having a size of 1080 by 1920p. This is recommended for all the video types that are being uploaded on Snapchat.
● Supported aspect ratios: Snapchat supports aspect ratios of 9:16 and 16:9.
● Recommended specs: For video ads the maximum file size should be 32 MB and for regular videos, the size could be increased to 1GB. The file formats that are accepted include MOV, MP4 or encoded.
Twitter allows horizontal and vertical videos. Here are the required assets for them:
● Recommended size: recommended size for vertical videos is 1200 by 1900p and for horizontal videos, this becomes 1280 by 1024p.
● Minimum width: It must be 32 by 32 pixels.
● Supported aspect ratios: Twitter supports aspect ratio ranging from 1:2.39 to 2.39:1.
● Recommended specs: Maximum length of the videos should be 140 seconds. The file size should be less than 512 MB with a frame rate of 40fps.
● Recommended size: The sizes for square videos are recommended to be 600 by 600p and for vertical; it should be 600 by 900p.
● Minimum width: It should be not more than 240p.
● Supported aspect ratios: Pinterest supports aspect ratios of 1:1 in square mode and 9:16 in vertical modes.
● Recommended specs: The file formats to be added are MOV and MP4 with a frame rate of 25fps. The maximum length and file size can be 30 minutes and 2 GB respectively.
TikTok made the creation and editing of videos easy. On this platform you can also easily share your created videos.
● Recommended size: The recommended size of the TikTok videos is 1080 by 1920p.
● Minimum width: It must be 540 by 960 or 960 by 540 pixels approximately.
● Supported aspect ratios: TikTok supports the aspect ratio of 9:16, 16:9 and 1:1.
● Recommended specs: The recommended file formats are MOV and MP4 with a maximum file size of 500 MB. The maximum length of the videos could be 60 seconds but it is recommended to keep it 15 seconds.
Part 4 5 Tips for Creating Better Vertical Videos for Social Media
Days are gone when vertical video were said to be shameful content. These days vertical videos are widely used and they also have a market on social media. But before you are creating these videos vertically, you need to be very careful about the things. Here are some tips that can make your vertical videos even better:
Aspect ratios: The Aspect ratio for social mediaplays a major role in the success of the videos. This is the reason why aspect ratios are must to understand. As far as vertical videos are concerned it can be said that the aspect ratio can be anything just greater than 1:The most recommended aspect ratio for vertical video is 9:16 as it covers the whole screen and also it is more immersive.
Stay closer to the subjects: When you are shooting your videos in a vertical frame then it can make easier for you to stay closer to your subjects. As people will be scrolling through the application then your video will be at the center. Sometimes, these videos are cut awkwardly. If you shoot the video properly then you can keep yourself away from such issues.
Grab the attention: users on social media spend no time to switch to another content or other version of the particular content. This is why it becomes so important to catch the attention of your viewers immediately. Try to keep the first couple of moments exceptionally engaging. This will boost the attention of the audience and also make them stay on your video.
Rule of third can benefit you: If you are wishing to follow this rule then it is important to know the reason behind this rule. This rule means that you should not keep the subject or object directly in front of the frame. This can look ugly and will not suit every time. Instead of this, you can make the use of imaginary vertical and horizontal lines to create better and interesting composition. This will make you frame divided into thirds. Your subject can be placed on these lines or in between the lines where they are meeting. You can get the feature of using the grid as a guide in most of the cameras and phones.
Using the tools: In order To grab the viewer’s attention it is essential that you are using the right tools. No matter of the kind of the video you are creating you can use the latest tools from wondershare. Wondershare Filmora Video Editor is the two tools that are highly in demand these days due to their exceptional features. Here are some of them:
● Filmora:This is a fun to use tool that has so many exceptionally amazing features. It simplifies its features so that you can save your effort and time. It is completely efficient so you can create videos effortlessly and with breakthrough. You may also get creative titles, filters, transitions, etc. Color grading and speed control also make the tool worth using. You can enjoy other features like social import, tilt shifting, audio mixer, screen recording, auto crop and much more.
● Filmora pro:This one is for the professional personthat is not completely easy to use but you can enjoy the latest and advanced features. Being highly customizable this gives you several features through which you can get a better control on your videos.
● In the present scenario there is no such person who is unaware of importance of social media. Social media platforms are widely used for various purposes and one of them is marketing the brands and products.
● Apart from the text content, video content is liked by the users and customers more. This is the reason why marketers go for visual content. Also it is essential to have a special focus on all the important aspects of making a video.
● Various things of making a perfect video include of dimensions, sizes, quality of the visualization and aspect ratios. It is important to know that Social media video aspect ratiosmay vary from different platforms. You can use latest tools to make your videos more interesting and engaging.