Recently, Twitch announced that its users can now upload video to Twitch, and there is no need to broadcast or live stream on Twitch anymore. Uploading videos to Twitch can be an excellent way to share your videos with your audience.
Besides this, you don't need to upload videos on other video-sharing sites. But if you are using this platform for the first time, then you must be wondering how to upload video to Twitch. Don't worry, as we have got your back. Keep reading to explore the process, and it is quite easy.
In this article
Part 1: How to Upload Videos to Twitch?
- First of all, you need to open Twitch in any browser. Just type twitch.tv in the browser's address bar and click on Enter. Then you need to log into your account.
- Once done, you can see your account with your profile picture in the screen's top-right corner. You can find it next to the Get Bits option. Click on it to access the drop-down menu.
- Then you need to choose the Video Producer option available in the drop-down menu. A new page will open, and you can see the Creator Dashboard from where you can begin uploading your video or hosting a channel on twitch. If this option is unavailable, then you can't upload your videos.
- Now, you need to click on the upload option. If you have not uploaded any video, you will find this area blank. You can just drag and drop your desired video to upload video to twitch.
- Choose the video that you want to upload and click on the Open option.
- Now, the upload process will begin. Wait for a few seconds to finish the process. Once done, click on the video, and the details window will come up.
- Here you need to edit your video's metadata information. You can set a title, the category and a description for your video. Besides you can also edit the language and thumbnail here.
- After that, you can click on the Save Changes option that you can find in the upper right corner.
- Now you need to click on the Publish button to post your video on your channel. You can follow the process while hosting a channel on twitch to upload the videos.
Part 2: Why can't you upload videos to twitch?
Well, it may be noted that not all Twitch users can upload video to twitch. For now, this feature is only available for Twitch partners and affiliates. So, first, you need to become an affiliate or partner, and then you can easily upload your videos. Besides, you should also keep the video upload guidelines in mind to avoid any issues.
- You can only upload video formats like 1080P videos, videos with up to 190mbps bit rate, AAC audio and H264 code. The platform supports FLV, MOV, AVI and MP4 file formats.
- Besides, using one account, you can upload only 5 videos simultaneously. And within 24 hours, you can do a maximum of 100 uploads.
Now you know that only Twitch partners or affiliates can upload video to twitch, it is crucial for you to know how to become a Twitch affiliate or partner. Have a look at the below-given section for your answer.
Part 3: How to be a twitch affiliate or partner?
In general, streamers on Twitch can't earn money from their content, and they can only make money from donations. However, if you have more followers, consistent viewers and hosting a channel on twitch regularly, then you can try to become a Twitch affiliate or partner. Some benefits that you can enjoy with this are:
- You will be able to sell your games
- You can get subscriptions.
- You will enjoy chargeback protection.
- It will be easier for you to get Twitch Bits.
- You can now earn revenue through advertisements.
To become an affiliate on Twitch, first of all, you need to monetize your content, i.e., stream. Now, let's have a look at some requirements to become an affiliate.
- You must have at least 50 followers.
- Make sure you have completed a minimum of 500 total minutes broadcast within one month or in the last 30 days.
- In the last 30 days, you should have at least seven unique broadcast days.
- At least 3 viewers per stream in the last 30 days.
Steps to Become an Affiliate
- Visit the Twitch website and log into your account.
- Find the Notifications icon and click on it.
- There you can see the Get Started option. Click on it.
- Sign the affiliate agreement and then give your tax information.
- Then choose your payment location to complete the procedure.
Requirements For Becoming a Partner
Once you receive your affiliate status, you can become a partner. But there are some requirements that you need to keep in your mind.
- You must have 75 average unique viewers per day in the last 30 days.
- Have streamed or hosting a channel on twitch for 12 days in the last 30 days.
- You need to stream for 25 hours in 30 days.
Steps to Follow
- Visit Twitch and log into your account.
- Now click on your Profile icon and then click on the Creator Dashboard option.
- Click on the arrow mark located near Insights and then click on Achievements.
- Click on the Apply option located under the Patch to Partner tab.
Once applied, Twitch will reply to your application within 7 business days. Well, if you face rejection, then you need to build a stronger audience and apply for it again later.
What Do You Mean Stay Active?
Chat is an important part of Twitch, and it lets you interact with your fellow members of the community as well as streamers. By keeping your chat active, you can let others know that you are ready to interact with them. This, in turn, can help you to increase your followers.
Part 4: What's The Alternative to Twitch for Creators?
1. YouTube Gaming
Well, even though YouTube Gaming lacks in-game overlays, it offers other features. The platform offers live gaming broadcasts, channels, chat rooms and more. Here the viewers don't need to subscribe to watch the content.
3. Facebook Gaming
Facebook also has introduced its own gaming and streaming platform. Facebook Gaming comes with an easy-to-navigate interface. It has a chat room and also allows you to watch videos from different social media platforms, like Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Besides, it offers some amazing features, such as different monetization options, interactive live-streaming, simple streaming setup, stream analytics and more.
While YouTube and Twitch have some high bars for monetization, they don't offer sufficient profit to the creators. DLive is here to solve that issue. This platform rewards content creators as well as viewers. It charges a flat fee and takes around 20 percent of total revenue. On the other hand, viewers also get rewards for their engagement.
This platform offers more than just gaming video streams, such as sports news, live streams, talk shows, podcasts and more. Some reviews say Ustream provides users with a better and faster streaming service. Besides, it is available for different platforms, such as PS4, Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
Vimeo has all the features, such as a live chat system and other features that a streaming platform must have. You can easily access its analytic dashboard to know your audience in a better way. It also has many integrations such as Figma, Meta, WordPress, Shopify and more. So, uploading videos directly from your website to Vimeo will not be a challenging task.
How Long Do My Videos Stay on Twitch?
The answer is that it depends. If you are a Twitch Prime user, Turbo user or a Twitch partner, then once you upload video to twitch, it will stay for 60 days. For regular broadcasters, their videos will remain active for 14 days. Just follow the above-mentioned steps to successfully upload your videos.
Can I Upload Videos to Twitch?
You can upload your video to twitch if you become a Twitch affiliate or Partner. Regular streamers don't have this feature for now. Just meet the criteria required for this and apply for an affiliate. This can be a great way to promote your brand as you can leverage this amazing form of influenced marketing.