- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide+
- 2.1 How to Use YouTube Video Editor
- 2.2 How to Use YouTube Enhancements Tool
- 2.3 How to Edit Title, Description, and Tags
- 2.4 How to Edit Audio on YouTube
- 2.5 How to Add Logo or Watermark
- 2.6 How to Edit the Video Length on YouTube
- 2.7 How to Edit Uploaded YouTube Videos
- 2.8 How to Remove YouTube Videos
- 2.9 How to Add Music to YouTube Video
- 2.10 How to Edit Channel Description
- 2.11 How To Add Custom Thumbnails
- 2.12 How to Blur Faces or Objects
- 2.13 How to remove black bars from existing videos
- 2.14 What is YouTube Creative Commons
- 2.15 Standard YouTube License vs. Creative Commons
- 2.16 How to Add YouTube Annotations and Cards
- 2.17 How to Change the Privacy Setting
- 2.18 How to Add Subtitles and Closed Captions
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips
- 8. YouTube Ultimate Guide
How to Add Logo or Watermark to YouTube Video
A watermark is a still image that is usually plugged in the videos, for the purpose of claiming copyrights or publicity purpose. YouTube generally carries a "branding" option were you can brand your video with your channel. This doesn't provide a stable logo. Therefore, when someone downloads that video using a second party (YouTube downloader) it gets removed. For this purpose the legal author will have to put a Channel logo on their YouTube videos. In this guide, we will going to show you how to add logo to your YouTube videos, existing or new.
How to Add a Watermark to Your YouTube Videos
- Part 1: Add logos or watermarks to your videos before uploading
- Part 2: How to add logo or watermark to in existing YouTube videos
Add logos or watermarks to your videos before uploading
1. Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora which is one of the ideal video editing tools especially when it comes to watermarking your videos. It helps you in adding static and video watermarks over the video. The basic theme of the video watermarking is the concept of picture-in-picture.
The following steps have to be taken to add a watermark:
- Add the video and watermarking data by drag dropping it into the workspace
- Drag the required video on the timeline and the watermark on it as well
- Adjust the water mark and add pre-made special effects to it
- Mask the watermark in the shape you like
- Save the video
2. Windows movie maker
Windows movie maker is free default windows software which can easily add water mark to your videos to secure your copyrights. It can cater two types of watermarks; images and text. For images it just supports PNG and GIF format files and generally doesn't support transparency. Moreover, an external file, Windows Logo Locator is needed for placing the logo at different positions.
Adding Text watermark:
- Open windows movie maker
- Click on 'videos' under the title of import.
- Import your video to the timeline.
- Right beneath imports under the category of edit you will find ‘titles and credits'. Click.
- Enter the text for watermark.
- Choose the title positioning, font and transparency.
- Add title. You will find it along the length of timeline. You may drag to expand it, for viewing it during the entire videos length. Select file and click publish video.
Adding image watermark:
The image should be in .PNG or .GIF format.
- Save the image in >C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX\.
- Download a logo Locator as per your installed windows from FX archives.
- Select the location of the logo in your video where you want it to appear.
- Choose the screen size and the logo size
- Type the name of the file of the logo you had already saved with the extension. For e.g. logo.png
- Copy the text that appears underneath and paste it on the notepad and save the typed file in >C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX\.
- Open windows movie maker again.
- Choose title and credits underneath the edit category.
- Press space bar once and then click ‘change the title animation'.
- You will see your image there. Click on ad title and press Ctrl+p to publish.
How to add logo or watermark to in existing YouTube videos:
To add a watermark to your previously uploaded videos you will need to have created and saved your watermark outside of your video editing program.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the thumbnail image of your account at the top right corner. This will give you a drop down menu
- Click on the small gear (indicating settings)
- This will lead you to a box. Click on "view additional features"
- To the left of the window," Click the fourth option of "branding"
- Click on "add watermark"
- Choose an image from your computer
- Click save
Your watermark should be transparent, square, and larger than 50x50 pixels, which is the size it will be shrunk down to when it appears in the corner of your videos.
Next, you will have the option of choosing a start time for your watermark, making it appear only at the end of your video, or having it there for the entire length of your video. Once that is done click ‘Update’ and your watermark will be applied to your videos.
Youtube suggests that your watermark have only one color. The point is that you should not use anything flashy that will take attention away from your video, so having two or three colors is not necessarily wrong if your design is subtle.
Here is a tutorial video for how to add a logo or watermark to Your YouTube videos:
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>