Top 5 Best Free Online Screen Recorders
Recording your screen, whether fully or partially, has never been simpler with free online screen recorders to use. You don’t need any software to capture your screen and then store it in some video format or some cryptic version that you need to convert or decode. With one of the best free online screen recorders, you can record whatever is on your screen without any elaborate setups. All you would need is an active internet connection and a free online screen capture so you can use the web based screen casting tools and for the subsequent uploading of the grab if you wish.
Here are some of the best, free and feature rich online based screen recorders you should consider.
Screencast-o-Matic is the first of its kind free online screen recorder. It allows you to record any video that’s playing on your screen and you can have it uploaded and shared. The video being recorded online will have to be of standard resolution, which could be 640×480 or 800×600 and other standard definitions. As your screen get recorded, you can use text notes as overlays, not very different from how you would do it on YouTube to get animations in place.
- This free online screen recorder is capable of supporting both screen and webcam recordings.
- It allows the users to share the output to YouTube.
- It also assists in drawing and zooming of the video files.
- A lot of edit tools come with the Pro version to edit and personalize the videos.
- The free version makes the watermark visible unlike the Pro version.
- You can only record 15 minutes of recording with the free version.
- Screencast-O-Matic requires Java.
- It can record computer audios but the feature is only for Window running computer.
ScreenToaster is a notch above Screencast-o-Matic. It allows you to freely record your complete screen or a partial area online. You can choose a section of the screen, in a very similar way how you crop a photo or image using a cropping rectangle in editors, and then start recording. A smart shortcut key exists to start and stop recording. Just press: ‘Alt’ and ‘S’.
- The benefit of full-screen recording as well as partial screen recording is available with this free online screen capture tool.
- ScreenToaster supports Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
- A sharing option is available to upload or share the recorded file.
- With the help of Screen Toaster, one can embed the videos on various links online.
- This will also help in embedding screen casts easily.
- This free online screen capture doesn’t support audio recording.
- It takes registration prior to make use of it.
- Also, it doesn’t come with editing tools.
AceThinker is a further free online screen recorder that works with both Windows and Mac operating systems. This is a lightweight software and gives the results quickly. AceThinker makes sure to allow the users to convert the videos to different formats, more than 100 formats, being precise. It offers an easy and simple user interface also.
- AceThinker is a fast platform for the users.
- It is relatively cheaper than others similar products.
- Almost any file is supported with it.
- It can also give a hand to the users in downloading the videos.
- A lot of limitations are associated with the free version.
- The video editing level is not much developed.
- It doesn’t help in downloading of the YouTube or other videos in playlist.
Loom is another screen recorder which shares almost all similar features like other screen recorders do. It is a Chrome extension or we can say a plug-in for Chrome. Via this recorder, one can easily record a high-quality video instantly and share those files simply.
- It offers easy UI, one click recording and sharing of the link automatically to clipboard.
- You are allowed to add comments or notes at any time in the video.
- It is free to use and lets you save the videos as MP4.
- It takes account signing up via Google, Facebook or Email.
5. Filmora scrn
If you want more features, more video editing or in short a professional and advanced recorded video, we would recommend you Filmora Scrn. It is to be noted that Filmora scrn is not an online screen recorder. But getting it to your PC will be worth it since it provides the users a risk-free, and easy-to-use recording process. Above all, Filmora scrn is the most reliable software to use. We can assure you that you will be getting no complaints while using it and the results will be highly amazing.
- Filmora scrn is the easiest software that provides Mac and Windows platform.
- It offers some very powerful features which help in advancing the video quality.
- It can import over 50 types of file formats.
- The users can export the result into multiple formats.
- It can record from your PC and webcam altogether.
- It contains a modern and intuitive user interface.
Screen recorders have become essential since we live in the age where people love to make videos, watch videos and share videos. And getting an free online platform makes the recording process easier. Therefore, we presented you some free online screen recorders with their pros and cons so that it will be easier for you to find out the best for you and according to your needs. Start creating your own masterpiece with one of these mentioned free online screen capture tools.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>