“I use Peak for my AIFF files, but it won't edit MP3's. Looking to fade, cut, adjust levels, etc. Any suggestion where to go for a good MP3 editing program for my Mac? Free or inexpensive is good!”
There are quite a number of free or inexpensive video editors available for Mac system. However the choices are quite limited if we are looking for some good and cheap program to edit our MP3 files. In this article, we tested several available MP3 editing programs out there in the market which are compatible with Apple Mac system and then compiled this list of some of the best choices. These MP3 editors come with a handful of cool editing features and are very easy to use, thus you don’t need to have any technical experience to get started.
Part 1. Wondershare MP3 Editor for Mac
Wondershare is a full-featured video & audio editor that focuses on fast and easy editing, available both for Windows and Mac. Specially designed for audio editing novices, this editor offers a plain layout which enables anyone to learn how to use it in minutes. You can record your voice, music with a built-in recording program, or use it to cut/trim/split/merge MP3 files, adjust speed, volume, pitch etc., add some fade-in and fade-out effects. It is a great tool to cut songs to create personalized ringtones for your cell phone, or create the best sound effect for your presentation effects etc.
Wondershare MP3 Editor Features:
- MP3 editing features such as cutting, splitting, merging, adjusting speed, pitch
- Special effects such as Fade-in, Fade-out, automatically detach MP3 audio file from any videos; change voice etc.
- Supports a vast range of audio formats apart from MP3, commonly seen formats like AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFF, APE, AU, FLAC, M4A, MKA, MP2, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
- Supports multi-audio track editing: add background music, voiceover, and other sound effects to a video simultaneously
- Convenient to use with fast editing speed, zero quality loss
- 30 Day Free trials, compatible with all Mac OS X versions: OS X 10.7 or later. Fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Apart from the audio editing functionalities, this program also offers a bunch of amazing video editing features, and thus has always been a popular choice for video editing armatures. Check a short video below to learn more about the video editing features:
Part2. Free MP3 Editing tool –Quicktime player
Apart from the above mentioned full-featured audio editing application, you can absolutely use Apple’s built-in free cutter—Quictime player Mac to perform some simple editing on your MP3 file. It offers the basic editing features you’d need in a lightweight program like this. Power features are:
- Easily trim/combine/split/rearrange audio file; record audio
- Edit multitrack audio
- Fast and Convenient, built-in with every Mac system, no need to install extra programs
Besides the above mentioned two good MP3 editors running on Mac, do you know any other better ones that you’ve ever used? Share your ideas in the comments below.