10 Free Online Audio to Text Converters-Wondershare Filmora
Jun 23, 2021• Proven solutions
An audio-to-text converter is a tool that can convert audio files to texts or even record any audio and produce the text of it simultaneously. Audio files are one of the most used methods of storing information. From online classes and long lectures to big business meetings and product information, audio is being shared a lot across the world.
But accessing information from a long audio file can be difficult and time-consuming, which is why there is a need to convert audio to text. Information in the form of text can easily be fully or partly accessed and edited whenever needed. And texts can also easily be shared with whomever you want.
So let’s have a look at some of the best audio to text converters that might be of use to you.
10 Free Online Audio to Text Converters
There is a number audio to text converters available in the online market that can help you while studying, research, or even in your business. Some of these recorders can convert any audio file to texts while some others can record and convert to text at the same time. Here we will talk about the top 10 free applications that can be used to convert audio to text
Audext is a free online application that can help you to save a lot of time while transcribing any audio to text. The transcription to text is done with the use of an advanced AI and hence produces faster and more accurate results.
Audext is used by people from different sectors like education, marketing, media, consulting, healthcare, etc. for their work purposes.
- An inbuilt editor for editing the text while transcribing
- Identifies the speaker easily
- Supports a variety of audio and video formats like MP3, WAV, MP4, etc.
- Offers an option of easy upload and export of files
- Transcription costs for one hour are $12
- Or with the subscription 5$
Sonix is a fast and accurate application that can be used to convert audio to text for any purpose. This application offers a 30-minute free transcription after which an affordable amount may be charged.
- Automatic transcription of files and accessibility of these files from any device
- Advanced translation of these devices into 30 different languages
- Addition of subtitles into any video for easy understanding
- A Sonix media player that allows to share and publish files easily
- Standard subscription - $10 per hour
- Premium subscription - $5 per hour, and an addition of $22 per month
Virtualspeech is an online tool that can transcribe audio to text free. It is a very simple application that allows fats conversion of audio files to texts. After conversion, the file will be emailed to the user from where it can be downloaded and saved.
- Free conversion of any audio files under 1 minute.
- Conversion of audio files of formats Mp3, Wav, or Ogg.
- Provides security as the no files are stored on the server and the site is secured with a b SSL
- Speech to text converter within the site
- $0.50 per minute after the free minute
Speechnotes is a powerful online notepad that can easily convert audio to text. This tool has implemented an efficient and clean design that makes conversion and editing very easy.
- Best results with an advanced speech recognition technology
- Built-in tools that allow easy editing and correction of the converted text
- Fast working on any web browser and no installation apps required
- Autosave feature that ensures that your data is not lost
- Export to Google Drive option for easy accessibility from any device
- Premium version with the addition of some extra features
SpeechTexter is a multilingual application that can help you transcribe any type of book, document, blog posts, etc. by using your audio. This tool has a custom dictionary that allows adding short commands for adding frequently used data like phone numbers, punctuation marks, addresses, etc.
- Offers accuracy rate of 90 to 95% percent
- Can be used to increase your fluency in English
- Offers powerful real-time speech recognition
- Easy creation of emails, text notes, blog posts, etc.
- A custom dictionary that can be customized according to the individual use
- Supports more than 60 languages
- Available on both chrome browser and android
Textfromtospeech is a free online tool that allows you to easily convert audio to text without the need for registration downloading or installation. It has a very simple interface that can record and convert your speech into text with a single click.
- Free and online text recognition and transcription
- Supports many languages
- Pause and record option while converting large files
- Can use voice commands for insertion of symbols like “comma”, “full stop”, etc.
- Smart capitalization
- Easy saving, copying, and sharing of the dictated text
- Available on mobile devices, tablet, and computer
Dictation is a free and simple tool that offers fast conversion of audio to text. Its interface is like that of a very simple notepad and allows the conversion of audio to text for a number of languages including English, Español, Français, Italiano, Português, and more.
- Advanced speech recognition
- Easy editing within the notes
- Easy sharing to mail, tweets, etc.
- No storing of any data and hence offers the necessary security
8. Voice Note
Voice Note is an online speech recognition tool that can automatically record and type anything including speech, interview, etc. This tool can convert any audio file into text format which can easily be opened in Microsoft Word.
- No saving of data in any servers
- Customizable options for audio and text
- A number of languages to choose from while converting audio to text
- Easy copying and exporting options
- Direct Print option from the site
9. Voice Notebook
Voice Notebook is a speech recognition app that can also convert audio files to text. this application is compatible with a wide range of devices like Mac, Windows, Linux OS, Android, and iOS.
- Voice commands are available when you transcribe audio to text
- Has the ability to recognize any speech embedded in YouTube clips or HTML5 audio or video
- Simple interface and easy editing of text
- An option to download into TXT format is available
Natural Readers is a professional program that can convert any text into spoken words. This program offers a lot of features like adjusting the speed of audio, conversion into mp3, selection of voice, etc.
- A font option available for dyslexic people
- Supports formats like pdf, txt, docs, epub, ods, ppt, png, jpeg
- App versions of this online tool are available both for android and apple devices
- Premium plan - $9.99 per month, $59.88 per year
- Plus plan - $19.00 per month, $110.00 per year
We have listed above the top 10 tools that can be used to convert audio to text on any device using a browser. Converting audio to text allows you to easily access the required information, edit it, or even share it fully or partially with anyone you wish,
The applications we have listed are free and some of them might charge for the extra features they provide. So no matter what your profession is if you are looking for an app to convert audio to text or record and produce the text of the recordings, choose any one of the listed above applications.
We hope our suggestions help you reduce effort and save time. Please leave your valuable feedback in the comment box below, thank you.