How to Split A Large Movie into Small Parts Seamlessly
Splitting a large video into several clips is very useful for uploading, transferring or easy distribution. Many people tend to do this but lack of proper video splitter software. In this article, you'll learn two software solutions that can split any part of any format video with ease.
Check more Free Video Editing Software here.
How to Split a Large Movie into Small Parts Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is a professional and an easy-to-use video tool that enables you to split a movie accurately on the Timeline. It helps to split all popular formats out there, including MPG, VOB, MOV, MKV, FLV, DAT, WMV, AVI, DIVX, MP4 etc. All you need to do is load your source file, find the right position and click split. Then you can save it in all popular formats on computer or upload to YouTube directly. Get below free trial and follow below easy steps to start your large video files now.
3 Ways to Split Video Clips with Wondershare Filmora:
- Manual Splitting
- Automatic Splitting
- Instant Cutter for large video file
1. Manual Splitting
With this method, you can split/cut out the video clips as you want in only 3 steps:
- Import your source files by clicking "Import" and drag them to the video timeline.
- Highlight the video clip in the Timeline, and move the slide bar to the right position you want to split. Hit the scissor icon above the timeline to separate it into two parts. Repeat this, you'll split a large video file into several small clips.
- Save your project file by clicking the program icon and click "Save". Then pick up one clip, and delete others to export a new file by clicking the "Export" button. To save other clips of the whole movie, you can reload the project file and export it separately.
2. Automatic Splitting
This movie splitter also includes a special feature that enables you to split video into different clips automatically at scene changes. To do this, just right click the video in the left item tray and select "Scene Detection" to access the window.
Now you can split any files at the exact place to focus only your wanted part. After you split your files, you can achieve more with this video splitting software. Because it also functions a video joiner, video rotator, video cropper, voice changer, voiceover recorder, and so on. Explore more about Wondershare Filmora.
3. Instant Cutter for large video fil
For sports lovers, Filmora also provides an efficient tool which allow you to cut/trim/split large 4K video clips quickly and easily.
Run Filmora, and choose "Instant Cutter at the Start interface", import video file by cliking "Open File" button. You are allows you import one large file each time. Then you can split the video by clicking "Add Segment" button. Finally, choose the clips you want, and select "Export" to finish the splitting.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>