How to Split A Large Movie into Small Parts Seamlessly
Splitting a large video into several clips is very useful for uploading, transferring or easy distribution. Many people tend to do this but lack of proper video splitter software. In Filmora, splitting videos into smaller parts can be done in different methods based on your purpose. In this article, you'll learn how to use the Video Splitter - Wondershare Filmora9 to split any part of any format video with ease in three solutions.
- Splitting Videos With Filmora Manually
- Splitting Videos Automatically with Scene Detection
- Splitting Videos Large Videos With Instant Cutter Tool Quickly
How to Split a Large Movie into Multiple Small Parts with Wondershare Filmora9
Wondershare Filmora9 is a professional and an easy-to-use video tool that enables you to split a movie accurately on the Timeline. It helps to split all popular formats out there, including MPG, VOB, MOV, MKV, FLV, DAT, WMV, AVI, DIVX, MP4 etc. All you need to do is load your source file, find the right position and click split. Then you can save it in all popular formats on computer or upload to YouTube directly. Get below free trial and follow below easy steps to start your large video files now.
1. Manual Splitting: How to Split Videos in Filmora9 [Step by Step]
With this method, you can split/cut out the video clips as you want in only 3 steps:
- Step 1: Import your source files by clicking "Import" and drag them to the video timeline.
- Step 2: Drag and drop the video to the track in timeline and then select the clip in the Timeline, and move the playhead to the right position where the first section should end the second section should start. Then click the Split button (scissor icon on the toolbar) to separate the video into two parts. Repeat this, you'll split a large video file into several smaller clips.
- Step 3 [Optional]: Since the video clip is split into several separated segments, you can now select any clip and remove it by clicking the Delete icon in the toolbar. You can also add proper transition effects between the separated clips and make the transition smoother. For the detailed information about how to add transition to clips, check our tutorial guide about How to Add Transition Between Scenes/Clips.
- Step 4:Now you can save the video clips in an appropriate format. Click Export and choose the target video format from the Formats tab in the left side of the Export window. You can choose formats in WMV, MP$, AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, TS, 3GP, GIF and much more. To save other clips of the whole movie, you can reload the project file and export it separately.
2. Splitting Videos Automatically with Scene Detection
This movie splitter also includes a special feature that enables you to split video into different clips automatically at scene changes. To enable Scene Detection feature, just right click the video in media library and select Scene Detection to access the Scene Detection window.
Click Detect button and Filmora will separate the video clip into several scenes based on the scene changes. To keep the separated clips for later editing, just click Apply, and the split clips will be imported to the Media Library automatically. To delete a certain split video clip, just select it and then click the Delete button.
For the specific steps of using Scene Detection, check Split Videos into sub clips with Auto Scene Detection.
After you split your files, you can achieve more with this video splitting software. Because Filmora also functions a video joiner, video rotator, video cropper, voice changer, voiceover recorder, and so on.
3. Instant Cutter for large video file
For sports lovers, Filmora also provides an efficient tool which allow you to cut/trim/split large 4K video clips and action camera videos quickly and easily.
Run Filmora, under the "Import" menu, choose "Import with Instant Cutter Tool", import video file by cliking "Open File" button. You are allows you import one large file each time. Then you can split the video by clicking "Add Segment" button. Finally, choose the clips you want, and select "Export" to finish the splitting.
If you want to split movie online, you can check our picks of the best online cutters and splitters. But make sure that you have a good network connection and the video file is suitable, since uploading footage to online tool may take some time. Filmora also provides online video spliter which is totally free named Filmora Video Trimmer. You can upload video or enter a video URL to cut video for free without watermark.
Image from Internet
Filmora9 Video Splitter can split large video files into multiple smaller video clips while keeping the original video quality, and then cut and remove unwanted parts accordingly. You can also attach audio from video into MP3 and join multiple video files into one. I hope the above information about 3 ways of splitting videos in Filmora will help you at editing. For more details about Filmora, check the introduction video of Filmora below:
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>