MAGIX Vegas Pro is a powerful and flexible solution for editing, creating, and adding a finishing touch to your videos. The software combines cutting-edge technology with a highly intuitive user interface, making it easy to use for newbies in the world of video production.
In this MAGIX Vegas Pro review, we'll take a look at the software and tell you why it's a great video editor. We'll also provide a Sony Vegas vs. Adobe Premiere comparison to see how they stand against each other.
In this article
Part 1. What Is MAGIX Vegas Pro
Firstly, let's have a deeper understanding of MAGIX Vegas Pro before we have a review in Part 2.
MAGIX is a computer software company that produces a variety of audio, video, and graphic design digital products. MAGIX has been in business for over 25 years, and its products are used by millions worldwide.
Vegas software was first released in 1999 by Sonic Foundry. Sony Creator Software purchased the program in 2003 and released its several versions till 2014. The company later sold it to MAGIX.
Sony Vegas History Series
Some of the Vegas software series released by Sony Creative Software are listed below:
- Vegas 4.0e: Released in November 2003, the first version by Sony.
- Vegas 5.0: Released in April 2004.
- Vegas 6.0: Released in April 2005.
- Vegas 7.0: Released in September 2006.
- Vegas Pro 8.0: Released in September 2007.
- Vegas Pro 8.1: First Sony Vegas version to support 64-bit.
- Vegas Pro 9.0: Released in 2009 with greater support for digital cinema.
- Vegas Pro 10: Released in 2010.
- Vegas Pro 11: Released on 17 October 2011.
- Vegas Pro 12: Released in November 2012.
- Vegas Pro 13: Released in April 2014 with new collaboration tools, the last version by Sony.
MAGIX Vegas Pro 20
MAGIX Vegas Pro 20 is an industry-leading video editing software program owned by MAGIX. The software can help you manipulate, combine, and edit your video clips with various tools in an easy-to-use interface. Vegas Pro is well known among professionals who need to create high-quality videos.
Some basic functions of the Vegas Pro 20 include Speech to Text functionality, Audio production with VST3, Eight Preset Window Layouts, Track effect, Color grading, Optical Flow mode, Fade In/Out features, Honeycomb, and Color Plane presets for GL transitions, and Add and Arrange Media.
Part 2. MAGIX Vegas Pro Review
The Vegas Pro 20 is a tailor-made software for content creators with an optimized interface, fast rendering speed, and many features to help them create video projects that stand out.
The Score On G2
MAGIX Vegas Pro - a top-of-the-line video editing software that has received several positive reviews from critics and developers on the G2, a famous software review platform.
- Ease of Use: 8.6 stars out of 10.
- Ease of Setup: 9.2 stars.
- Quality of Support: 7.2 stars.
- Overall: 4.2 stars out of 5.
VEGAS editing software has three tiers that are each designed to fit your specific workflow requirements and budget:
- VEGAS Edit: Includes a basic package that costs $12.99/ month or $249 for a perpetual license.
- VEGAS Pro: Advanced package with SOUND FORGE Audio Studio and advanced video editing tools. The package is priced at $19.99/ month or $399 for a perpetual license.
- VEGAS Post: Ultimate bundle with Vegas effects for high-end compositing and RAW image support. The package will cost you $29.99/ month or $599 for a perpetual license.
We'll now review some of the most important features of MAGIX Vegas Pro 20 and see how they can be used to improve your video editing workflow.
- Color Touches: The interface has now got a new look that is a bit darker, sleeker, and more professional that lets the icons pop up and become more visible than before.
- Color Grading: The color grading panel has also received some improvements and is redesigned into a range-limited color wheel, providing more functionalities.
- Track Effects: The Vegas Pro 20 offers adjustment tracks that help apply effects to the entire track. You can also alter the intensity of these effects and use keyframes from the timeline.
- Scene Detection: The new "Automatic Scene Detection" feature saves you the hassle of cutting your video clips manually before adding them to the timeline. The software does this in three ways: Analyse, Detect, and Split the scenes to add them to the timeline in a sequence.
- Supported Formats: VEGAS Pro is compatible with Blackmagic RAW, MP4, HEVC/H.265, Apple ProRes, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, AVI,AVC/H.264, Panasonic P2, and RED RAW video formats. The software also supports images and audio formats.
And we have prepared a video for you below, so that you can establish an overview of MAGIX Vegas Pro 20 better.
Video - Full Walkthrough of Vegas Pro 20
Part 3. MAGIX Vegas Pro Pros and Cons
Like any other software, MAGIX Vegas Pro also has pros and cons that you must be aware of before making any purchase.
Part 4. Sony Vegas VS Adobe Premiere, Which One is Better?
Both Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere are powerful video editing software programs with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. As with any software decision, it ultimately comes down to the specific needs of the user to decide which one is better.
Here is our complete guide to the two software programs to help you decide which is best for your needs: Sony Vegas VS Adobe Premiere. Which One is Better?
Vegas Pro 19 is an excellent video editor that offers robust features and a streamlined user experience. In addition, the software's intuitive interface allows anyone to edit videos quickly and easily without having to know any complicated techniques.
In this article, we've provided the MAGIX Vegas Pro review to help you understand the features, pros, and cons and what the software has to offer for content creators. We've also explored the series of versions developed and released by Sony Vegas.
Hopefully, you find our Magix Vegas Pro 20 review helpful and can now make a better buying decision.