Edit Action Cam Videos with Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is one of the best tools to edit GoPro videos. Download and have a try.
Metaverse uses virtual reality and augmented reality to make users live in a digital world. It is inevitable that metaverse will use advanced technological trends like 5G networks, blockchains, 360 video creation, and more to achieve these.
360 video maker software are becoming more popular because of their peculiarity. And if there are 360 video makers, there is a need for 360 video editing software. 360 videos need a different editing tool because there are multiple camera angles. Unlike videos produced by other cameras, the footage is not flat. You will need the 360 editors to flatten the video and be able to edit.
This article will be talking about the best 360 video editing software, how to make use of them, and its pros and cons.
Part 1: Best 360 Video Editing Software for Windows and Mac [Free and Paid]
1. Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Unlike some apps where you only see the flattened image while editing, Adobe Premiere Pro will let you move around and preview while editing the video and adding title and graphics to it. Adobe Premiere requires a monthly subscription of $20.99 (yearly plan billed monthly), and you can use it on Windows 10 and Windows 11 as well a Mac computer running v10.15 (Catalina) or later.
If you need professional 360 video editing software, Adobe Premiere Pro CC is your go-to. Adobe Premiere Pro has many advanced features to edit.
Main features in 360 video editing
- Virtual Reality Display: The Adobe Premiere Pro has features to help users in complicated VR editing; you can work with many effects to achieve what you want. Adobe Premiere also saves the final work and enables the VR to be displayed on YouTube and Facebook.
- Edits any file format: In some 360 video editing software, you might have to convert the video file to a compatible file format. With Adobe Premiere, all video formats are accepted.
- Auto Reframe: Adobe Premiere makes it possible to upload on any social media or site by keeping the shot within the frame. It can change from landscape to Instagram story or square without doing it one after the other.
Learn more about How to Use Auto Reframe in Premiere Pro in detail.
- Editors can use Adobe Premiere Pro in a professional setting
- Audio editing effects are available
- It cannot edit immersive 360 videos perfectly
2. Insta360 Studio
If you are using an Insta360 camera, you might want to complement it with the Insta360 Studio software. Insta360 Studio is a free 360 editing software operating on Windows 7 or higher and macOS 10.12 or higher, and it is also compatible with M1 Macs.
With the latest Insta360 Studio version, you can import 360 video footage from the Insta360 cameras faster, reframe with keyframe easier, and manage the project smart. You can import, stitch, edit and share the video to social media in one-stop.
Main features of Insta360 Studio
- Deep Tracking: This is an advanced object tracking algorithm. When the tracking object is temporarily occluded by obstacles and disappears, Deep Tracking can still track it. For example, if you have recorded a fast-moving object like someone skateboarding, you can track the person for as long as you want with the deep tracking option.
- Speed Option: With this function, should you want to change the speed of your 360 videos, or just a section of it, it is possible. It allows you to create moving time lapses as well as slow motions video. You can as well combine multiple speeds in a single video and have multiple speed options.
Even though Insta360 studio editing software does not have many advanced features like Adobe Premiere Pro, it loads features and exports video fast. Insta 360 Studio is easy to use and can be navigated by beginners.
- Free and easy to use
- It can be used for color correction
- It has training available for beginners.
- IT has advanced editing features.
- It does not have many presets and transitions.
3. Final Cut Pro
This 360 video maker avails you the option to edit your 360 video using simple tools for changing orientation, straightening the horizon, removing camera rigs, and more. You can as well easily add 2D and 3D titles to your 360° video while applying blurs, glow, and other special effects. You also have the option to create more advanced 360° video graphics and then add them directly to your Final Cut Pro project. You have a variety of editing options using this 360 video maker.
Final Cut Pro costs $299.99 for a lifetime license and is only available on Mac; it works on the operating system macOS 10.15.6 or later versions. VR headsets can be used as an output to 360 videos. The video can be cleaned, tilted and titles can be added to it.
Stunning Features of FCP in 360 Video Editing
- 360 Patch Effect; with Final cut pro, you can remove unnecessary objects or noise. You can put a patch on it with things near the area.
- Immersive VR Editing; while editing, you can preview it to know how it will look after exporting.
- You can decide to use any viewpoint you want, making it seem like you are using multiple cameras.
- The video can be edited as it is or as a flat video.
- Final cut pro supports any format of video without having to convert.
- It is only available for Mac users.
VSDC is a free video editor that works with any version of Windows (even outdated OS). It can work on 360 videos and has a range of trending filters and effects. VSDC can make a 360 video flat (120-degree panoramic angle which is easier to work with), can then you can add titles and images to the 360 videos. You can upload or share directly to any social media site after editing and exporting with the software.
Stunning Features of VSDC in 360 Video Editing
- Charts and 3D effects: with the editor, you can add and create charts. Charts are good for when you need mathematical expression or a business presentation involving graphs and charts.
- You can convert the 360 videos to 2D to make them easier to edit. When changed, you can still add titles that will appear in the 360 formats.
- It is free and can be used when you are on a budget.
- Exported video will be of less quality.
- You can not automatically zoom the video, and you have to change the viewing angle and focal length in the effect settings before it can take place.
- There are no features like motion graphics and animations.
5. VIRB Edit
The VIRB Edit software from Garmin produces a pleasant video experience by connecting your VIRB video footage with data from compatible devices through GPS. This complete action footage editing studio allows you to refine the action footage and create a 360 video easily.
It is a free video editing software that can be used on Windows 7 and later, and Mac OS 10.11 el Capitan and later. VIRB edit can cut, reverse, rotate 360 degrees, and edit videos to satisfaction.
Stunning Features of VIRB Edit in 360 Video Editing
- G-Metrix: This feature allows you to add the geographical location of an area with dials. Using it to edit a car race can tell you the speed, time, altitude, and many other statistics.
- Text Synchronization: You can add words to the video, which will automatically be synced to fit the videos without distorting the text’s proportion
- It is free
- Its library music can be expanded while editing
- It does not have advanced editing tools
6. HitFilm Expres
HitFilm Express is a free video editing software with professional video effects tools, and it is perfect for beginners, creatives, and video editors. It works on OS Windows 10 and later, and Mac 10.14 and later. If you want to edit 360° videos, you may need to buy the relevant 360 add-on packs, which cost $24.99.
Currently, there are 3 add-on packs, you can use the 360 Tool Kit to check the full view with the 360 Viewer Panel and blend 360 video with effects such as Blur and Fisheye. With the 360 Neon Lights, you can add neon effects to text and layers with 360 laser animation. And the 360 VFX add-on pack, you can twirl, twist and magnify the clips easily.
Stunning Features of HitFilm Express in 360 Video Editing
- Video Stabilizer: this feature is used to remove unwanted shakes from video clips after the video is filmed with a moving camera. If somewhere in your video shakes, you can straighten it out with the HitFilm Auto Stabilizer effect.
- Audio effects: HitFilm allows you to edit the audios using equalizers, noise reductions tools, and adding peculiar sounds like echoes.
- It is suitable for gamers and Youtubers as it has more than 400 presets and visual effects, tools, and features to help you stand out in your video editing.
- HitFilm also provides tutorials weekly for beginners in the industry.
- There is a watermark on the edited video if you are using the free HitFilm Express
- You may need to work with high operating systems to avoid freezing work.
Part 2: 3 Tips for Getting Better 360 Videos
There are some things a 360 video editor cannot correct. To get the best out of a video, follow these guides when using a 360 video maker.
1. Make use of the highest resolution
Set it to the highest resolution possible if you want your viewers to get the best video quality while recording. The video quality will reduce a bit after editing and more while uploading. Making use of high resolution while recording gives a reasonably high video quality after editing and uploading.
2. Use supplementary gadgets
Holding your camera in your hand while operating a 360 camera might not give the prettiest view. Make use of supplementary gadgets like selfie tripod stands to record independently and provide a better angle. Remember, you are not controlling what is being recorded, like using a one-sided camera.
3. Don’t move the camera too close to objects
When shooting objects, try not to make them up close to the camera. When you shoot with the camera too close, the image will look stretched and distorted. You should leave at least a foots distance between you and the camera.
When making the video, consider how it will look from the viewer’s point of view. You should place the camera at an angle where viewers will find it convenient and exciting to watch.