Every content creator wants professional subtitle generator apps to create subtitles flawlessly. There are tons of subtitle editors that you can find in the market, but not every tool produces quality results. It can be confusing and difficult to choose the best subtitle editor app among tons of options. By reading this article, you will come to know about professional subtitle apps for PC and all platforms.
In this article
- Three Top Picks for Subtitle Apps
Part 1: Best 3 Subtitle Apps on Windows
Do you want to know about some reliable video subtitle apps for Windows? This section will shed light on the top 3 subtitle apps on Windows, along with their advantages and drawbacks.
|Name||Price||Support System||Supported Subtitle Files||Auto Caption||Video Editing|
|Jubler Subtitle Editor||Free||Linux, Windows, and Mac||ASS, SRT, SUB, Text, etc.||No||No|
|Wondershare Filmora||Month Plan: $19.99
Annual Plan: $49.99
Perpetual Plan: $79.99
|Windows, Mac, and iOS||SRT and Text||Yes||Yes|
|Movavi Video Editor||$69.95||Windows and Mac||Text||No||Yes|
1. Jubler Subtitle Editor - The Best Free Subtitle Editor for Windows
Jubler is a classic example of a subtitle editor through which you can efficiently create and edit subtitles for your videos. You can also use this tool to convert, modify, transform, or correct the existing subtitles on a video file. The supported file formats are SubViewer, SubRip, SubStation, etc. Hence, it's a compatible subtitle app for Windows users comprising all the necessary features for subtitle creation and editing.
- This tool allows you to mark your subtitles with different colors while editing or playing the video file in real-time.
- This app can graphically display your subtitles and allows you to resize or move them.
- It provides the Undo and the Redo options to edit your subtitles without any complications.
2. Wondershare Filmora - All-in-One Subtitle Solution
Have you ever experienced using Wondershare Filmora? Filmora is a famous tool through which people can enhance and edit their video files using advanced features. You can utilize this platform with a famous video editor to create subtitles from scratch efficiently. It contains a Speech-to-Text option that can help you to generate subtitles without requiring your efforts. With a single click, this feature can automatically create subtitles by transcribing your voice with high accuracy.
- Filmora offers more than 80 animation presets and styles that you can instantly apply to your created subtitles.
- The speech-to-text feature shows compatibility with up to 16 different languages. Thus, you can auto-create subtitles in popular languages.
- This tool contains stock footage in its library that you can easily add to your videos.
3. Movavi Video Editor - Best for Adding Subtitles Manually
Movavi is a popular tool that many professionals use to create and edit their videos in high quality. It contains various transition effects that you can apply to make your video look smooth and attractive. By using this tool, you can also create Softsubs and Hardsubs according to your desire. Afterward, you can select the font, color, and size of your added subtitles using this platform.
- It contains a synchronization box that enables you to delay or advance the subtitles according to the specific time. This will make your subtitles synchronized effectively.
- You can also change the position of your subtitles with accuracy and precision using this tool.
- To make your video look customized, you can add a watermark to your video files according to your desire.
Part 2: 3 Subtitle Apps for Mac Worth Trying
Are you looking for special subtitle apps for your MacBook? In this section, we will shed light on the top 3 subtitle generator apps that can be ideal for MacBook users.
|Name||Price||Support System||Supported Subtitle Files||Auto Caption||Video Editing|
|VideoProc Converter||Lifetime License: $39.95||Windows and Mac||ASS, SSA, SRT, Text||No||No|
|Wondershare UniConverter||Quarterly Plan: $29.99
Annual Plan: $39.99
Perpetual Plan: $55.99
|Windows and Mac||SRT. ASS, SSA, Text||Yes||Yes|
|Adobe Premier Pro||$20.99/Month||Windows and Mac||SCC, MCC, XML, STL, SRT
1. VideoProc - Best Video Converter for macOS Devices
This app has a simple interface that enables you to manage subtitle files easily. Through this compatible tool, you can embed your subtitles into your videos without any hassle. It's a lightweight tool as it won't take up excessive storage space on your MacBook. Moreover, you can also use this tool to tackle video issues like noise, poor color, camera shake, etc.
- This software can convert 4K and HD videos while maintaining their original quality.
- It offers batch conversion so that you can convert multiple video files at the same time easily.
- You can batch-download the video files in various formats and preferred resolutions. It also supports more than 1000 websites for media download.
2. Wondershare UniConverter - Complete Video Toolbox for Mac Users
UniConverter is one of the well-trusted platforms through which you can modify your videos by using advanced key features. It contains tons of options, such as a watermark editor, screen recorder, compressor, converter, etc. Furthermore, it provides a subtitle editor through which you can add subtitles to your videos in multiple ways. Thus, using this tool, you can add subtitles to your videos at a fast-processing speed.
- This tool supports more than 1000 video file formats batch conversion. Thus, you can convert your multiple video files to other formats.
- You can use this tool as a downloader to download online videos of high quality.
- It contains an Auto Crop feature through which you can resize your videos according to social media channels.
3. Adobe Premiere Pro - Video Editor for Professionals
Have you ever used Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing? Adobe Premiere Pro is undoubtedly the most famous software for MacBook users through which you can execute professional editing. It functions as a complete video toolbox and ensures great output results. Besides being a professional video editing software, you can also use this tool as a subtitle generator app. You can use its Speech-to-Text feature to produce subtitles automatically and with precision.
- To increase the visual appeal of your video, you can use this tool for color grading and correction.
- You can create captivating intros and outros for your videos by using graphic templates and other elements.
- You can add different audio effects to transform the sound in your video professionally.
Part 3: The Best 3 Subtitle Apps for Android
Being an Android user, you may feel to use auto caption apps to create subtitles for your videos without any hassle. By reading this section, you can come across some of the best subtitle generator apps for your Android devices.
1. CapCut - Best App for TikTok Users
CapCut is an easy-to-use Android and iOS app to add subtitles to videos professionally. It comprises different functions that can assist you in making your video look appealing and engaging. You can make adjustments such as changing the brightness, saturation, exposure, contrast, etc. To add subtitles, you can create auto captions through CapCut without manually adding them. Thus, it's a complete tool for creating subtitles and editing videos effortlessly.
- $0.99 - $74.99 Per Item
- CapCut contains various trending text templates that you can apply while creating subtitles. It contains multiple text templates such as Titles, Outro, Spark, Chapter, Message, Tag, etc.
- You can extract audio from a video file using this app in its original quality with a single click.
- To enhance your visual appearance in a video, CapCut provides different filters such as Metal, Green Milk, Taro, Red Tea, and many more.
2. MixCaptions - Specially Built for Adding Captions
MixCaptions can be used as a video editor and subtitle editor app effectively. Apart from creating subtitles manually, you can utilize your SRT files to create subtitles. You can also use this app to create SRT files instantly. Moreover, you can also decide where to display your subtitles on your video. You can display your subtitles at the top, bottom, or middle using this tool.
- $0.49 - $24.99 Per Item
- Using MixCaptions, you can transcribe your voice in up to 23 languages, such as Turkish, English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, etc.
- This tool supports common video aspect ratios that can be suitable for IGTV, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram posts.
- Once you have transcribed your voice to create subtitles, you can edit them by selecting the desired font, color, text style, etc.
3. VLLO - Advanced Video and Subtitle Editor for Android Users
Have you ever used VLLO before? This video subtitle app offers an intuitive user interface through which you can perform different operations on your video files. You can trim, split, reverse, rotate, and crop your video quickly using this app. Moreover, you can add subtitles to your videos through this tool easily. The offered subtitle text styles are present in vector format so that you won't lose the quality of your video.
- $0.99 - $25.99 Per Item
- VLLO provides more than 200 royalty-free background music tracks that can easily be added to your video files.
- You can also add a voice-over to your videos in high audio quality while editing in real-time.
- On this platform, you can craft your own customized text style by utilizing animation effects, shadows, and outline properties.
Part 4: 3 Apps to Add Captions to Videos on iPhone
Are you ready to know about the best subtitle creators for iOS devices? Here are some of the top subtitle generators which you can use to add captions to videos on your iPhone.
1. iMovie - Free Video Editor for iOS Users
iMovie is an excellent app for iOS users through which they can try their creative editing skills easily. You can apply different styles and transitions to change the dimensions of your video clips completely. Moreover, you can also add text and subtitles to your videos using this tool. It offers various font styles and options that you can apply to create customized subtitles.
- It offers 20 storyboards related to different categories that you can use to begin creating your videos effectively.
- In its timeline, you can easily rearrange and remove video clips.
- This tool offers up to 14 trailer templates through which you can produce your movie trailers.
2. Add Subtitles - Auto Captions - Enhanced Subtitle Creator for Apple Users
This video subtitle app is commonly used to add auto-captions on videos without any restrictions. The speech recognition feature in this tool works 3 times faster along with high precision. It does not restrict a user to a particular video length. Moreover, you would also receive text alternatives so that you can edit auto-generated subtitles.
- Beginner: $3.99
- Expert: $9.99
- Business: $29.99
- Personal Use: $8.49
- Small Translations Pack: $2.99
- Big Translations Pack: $5.99
- The translation feature of this tool supports more than 100 languages. Moreover, you can translate up to 2 languages in one video file.
- It provides various export options such as M4V, MPEG4, 4K, HD, and QuickTime.
- You can create projects on this tool through your camera, photo library, and iCloud.
3. InShot - Video Editor - Complete Subtitle and Video Editor
Have you ever used InShot before? InShot is a famous app that enables you to trim, cut, and merge video files instantly. Along with basic editing, you can also add music tracks, voice-overs, and effects. You can also add subtitles to your videos efficiently without any restrictions. Moreover, you can sync the added text to your videos on the timeline proficiently with a few clicks.
- InShot Pro (1 Month): $3.99
- InShot Pro (1 Year): $14.99
- Remove Ads: $3.99
- InShot Pro (Permanently): $34.99
- Transition Pack - Power: $3.99
- Video Effect - FORM Pack: $1.99
- Filter Pack - CINEMA: $1.99
- Transition Pack - Glitch: $3.99
- Filter Pack - SKIN: $1.99
- Filter Pack - CREATE: $1.99
- You can make blur borders on your video using this tool to upload them on social media platforms.
- This video subtitle app supports high video output resolution and allows you to save a video in 4K and 60FPS.
- This tool provides a wide variety of cinematic filters which you can add to make your videos more compelling.
Part 5: 3 Online Tools to Add Subtitles to Videos
Many people don't prefer to download apps or software on their devices. For such users, there are various online subtitle generator apps that can be accessed from any web browser. For your convenience, this part of the article will discuss the top 3 online auto caption apps.
1. Veed.io - Online Auto Subtitle Generator
When it comes to online subtitle generator apps, Veed.io is one of the most suitable choices. Through this app, you can add subtitles in three ways. To add subtitles briefly, you can use the manual option on this tool. Or, if you already have a subtitle file, you can upload it directly to this tool easily. To increase your work efficiency and productivity, you can use the auto transcription services to produce subtitles with 95% accuracy.
- Basic: $12/Month
- Pro: $24/Month
- To decrease the file size of your videos, this tool contains a video compressor to compress videos while preserving the original video quality.
- If you want to make your videos interesting and funny, Veed.io allows you to add emojis and stickers to video files instantly.
- It has a Subtitle Translator through which you can translate your subtitles into different languages.
2. Happy Scribe - Subtitle Generator with Enhanced Features
Happy Scribe is a famous online platform for adding subtitles to video apps impressively. It contains multiple export formats such as SRT, Word, PDF, Text, AVID, STL, VVT, etc. Without any limitations, such as creating a user account or uploading a particular file size, you can create subtitles for your videos. Furthermore, this app preserves the confidentiality and security of your files to keep personal data safe while editing it online.
- Automatic: €0.20/minute
- Hand-made: €2.00/Minute
- Human Translation: €20.85/Minute
- This app supports real-time collaboration so that you can modify and enhance your video files along with your friends and team members.
- In its transcription services, you can select either automatic transcription software or human-made transcription for more accurate results.
- You can customize your added subtitles with the help of CPL and CPS management.
3. FlexClip - Manual Online Subtitle Editor
FlexClip is a classic and basic subtitle generator app through which you can produce subtitles in three simple steps. It supports popular video file formats such as MOV, MP4, M4V, etc. Without downloading any software or extension, you can quickly insert subtitles to your videos easily. This tool also provides more than 100 built-in text fonts for your ease. Hence, this online tool provides flexible subtitle editing in its clean and delightful user interface.
- Basic: $9.99/Month
- Plus: $19.99/Month
- Business: $29.99/Month
- To make your video look more appealing, you can enhance the video brightness through this online tool.
- You can also add text boxes to your videos to demonstrate or explain the content in an organized manner.
- To endorse your product or brand, you can easily add customized logos to your videos.
Part 6: Three Top Picks
Do you want to know the top three picks of subtitle editors? Read this section to learn the best choices for video subtitle apps:
1. Best Easy-to-Use Subtitle Editor: Veed.io
Veed.io is an online tool that has the best clean and delightful user interface. As a beginner, you can easily navigate its interface and create subtitles without interruption or ads.
2. Most Advanced Subtitle Creator: Filmora
If you are looking for an advanced subtitle creator, Wondershare Filmora is the best choice. Its Speech-To-Text feature uses advanced algorithms through which you can auto-create subtitles for your videos.
3. Most Cost-Effective Subtitle Generator: UniConverter
UniConverter is one of the most reliable and cost-effective software for subtitle editing. It provides multiple subscription plans within affordable ranges to assist students, beginners, and other individuals.
People May Also Ask
1. How can I merge subtitles and video permanently?
You can use Wondershare Filmora to edit your video files flawlessly. Once you are done editing your video, you can add subtitles to it by using your preferred option. Afterward, the tool will automatically merge subtitles and video once you have exported the video file.
2. How do I add subtitles to an already recorded or downloaded video?
Upload your video file to the interface of Filmora and head to its "Title" option. From there, select the option of "Subtitle" and choose your preferred subtitle style to add your subtitles. Using this tool, you can also choose its font style, color, size, and opacity.
This article has shed light on the top 15 subtitle generator apps along with their descriptions, advantages, features, and drawbacks. For your help, we have provided a detailed list of subtitle apps for all platforms. However, if you want to choose the best video subtitle app, you can try Wondershare Filmora. This tool offers a Speech-to-Text feature that enables you to produce subtitles automatically and with high accuracy.