Ways to Make Smooth Slow-motion and Fast-motion effect
.If you want to add some style to your work, you may need to look outside the box. One method to do this is to add slow motion or fast forward effects to your videos. These two effects are one of the most popular and overused video effects. Slow motion is a famous cinematic effect that dates back to the early days of cinema. You've probably seen it utilized in heightened drama or romance situations, as well as to punch up and intensify combat scenes. For example, you've seen the bad guy slowly fall from a building until the action picks up to full speed for an explosive finale!
The fast forward effect is used to cut the length of extended sequences in the footage. It's beneficial when you want to show the entire scene but don't want to make the film too long. This article will tell you how you can use the effects of slow motion and fast forward in your videos easily and quickly. So keep reading:
Part1: how to make a smooth slow-motion in easy steps?
Slow motion effects may provide the illusion of a "close-up in time" and create a surreal atmosphere. You'll need video editing software to slow down a video to reveal more details or add mood to a video.
If you want to use slow motion on a clip to exaggerate it follow these easy steps mentioned below:
- Open Wondershare Filmora. To import video files from your computer into this software, go to the media library and click Import.
- You can also drag and drop files into the User's Album. M4V, MPG, VOB, ASF, 3GP, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV,3G2, F4V, TP, DAT, MKV, DV, MOD, MPEG, TS, TRP, M2TS, MTS, NSV, TOD, EVO, etc. are all supported by Wondershare Filmora.
- Drag videos from the User's Album to the Timeline's video track, then right-click on the Edit tab.
- Go to the Speed panel and select the speed according to your needs. You can choose from 0.5X, 0.25X, 0.1X, 0.05X, and 0.01X slow speed settings. The smaller the preset, the slower the video. For example, 0.50 X means that the video is slowed down 50%. Now when you will play the footage, it will be in slow motion.
For more slow-motion edting software, please read this article: Top 10 Slow Motion Video Editing Software.
Part2: Ho to adopt fast forward effect video?
If you want to know how you can effectively use fast forward effect in your videos, then follow these steps:
- Open Wondershare Filmora and add footage by clicking on the Import option. Drag video to the Timeline track and scroll past the areas that you don't want to keep.
- When you get to the areas where you want to use a line, split the footage at that point. Capture the line and then split the footage again. You can repeat this step through the entire footage to separate the areas you want to keep from the areas you want to fast forward through.
- Make sure that you have the Auto Ripple turned on, which is a little chained link present on the left side of your timeline. It is crucial to keep the ripple effect activated without a line through it so that whatever you do on the timeline will automatically close any of the gaps in between the actions you take and not leave any spaces if you modify this section.
- In the first section, right-click and select Speed and Duration. Change the speed to 15X and click Okay. You can also adjust the speed according to your liking.
- Auto ripple will close everything down around that area and shrink that piece of footage down because it is now playing 15 times faster. Repeat this for all the other remaining sections.
- Render this quickly. Now when you will play your footage, some sections will be in fast forward while the others will be at normal speed.
- If you really want to make this fast forward effect come to life, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Effects tab, and you will see lots of different effects there that can give your video the fast forward VHS effect. In the search bar, type Static and select Static 2 to add a glitch effect.
- Drag it down on top of the section where you used the fast forward effect. Shrink it down to match the length of fast-forwarded footage.
- When you play this section, you can see an added glitch effect that will make it look like an old school VHS. You can also adjust the alpha value of this effect according to your liking.
- To overlay the fast forward button and make it pulsate while you fast forward your video, search for the seek button on Pixabay.com and download it for free.
- Drag it down into a track above your timeline and the static effect. Left-click on it to highlight it and adjust its size. Left-click in the preview window until the alignment lines show that it is in the centre.
- If you don't want it to block your face left click on it. Click on the Compositing tab and move it back to above 50% on the upper left corner.
- Now to make it pulsate, shrink this section. Left-click on the top of your timeline and stretch it out so that you can see each frame in your project.
- Shrink this down to maybe 10 frames. Go to the Transitions tab on the upper left side, grab the Dissolve transition, and drop it down on your fast forward button.
- Add one to the beginning and shrink it way down and similarly add one at the end. Now you will have a fast forward button that would slowly dissolve into frames, appear, and then dissolve away again. Right-click on it and choose Copy.
- Now you have copied this entire fast forwarding button with the compositing settings, and the two dissolve on either end. Skip ahead one frame to leave a little blank space for them. Now select the track and paste it.
- Repeat the same process for the length of the particular fast forward section. When it gets to the end section, align the playhead with the end of the static overlay. Select the last section of a fast forward clip, split it and delete the extra.
Part3: How to change the speed of your video via online tools?
If you want to change the speed of your video with an online video editing tool, you can use Clideo. It is a one-of-a-kind platform that allows you to produce and modify various types of video, GIFS, and pictures in one location. Merging, compressing, resizing, slideshow, cropping, rotation, and other video editing functions are included in this tool. You can also use the features like slow motion, reverse, fast forward, loop, flip, and memes in Clideo.
Here is how you can change the speed of your video with Clideo:
Using your PC, mobile device, Google Drive, or Dropbox, upload a video clip. You can provide a link to any online resource if you like.
Choose whether to speed up or slow down the video once it's been added. You can watch the video directly in your browser.
Click "Export" after you're pleased with your work.
Part4: How to make a slow or fast motion on your phone?
If you want to make slow or fast motion videos on your phone, you can use the TikTok app. One of TikTok's most remarkable features is the ability to lip-sync music or sound clips to your TikTok video. One of the essential features of this app is the ability to slow down and speed up the video you're capturing. You can accomplish this with a few easy steps in the TikTok app.
To slow or speed up a prior video, go to the "Upload" gallery and choose the video you wish to alter.
You can change the length of the video or go on by tapping "Next."
Slow down the video by 0.3x or 0.5x, or fasten the video by selecting 2x or 3x.
To continue, hit "Next" after you're satisfied. To publish the video to your TikTok stream, tap "Post."
Suppose you want to add slow motion or fast forward effects to your videos. In that case, we recommend you use Wondersahre Filmora because it allows you to quickly adjust the video speed to create slow motion, fast forward, or freeze-frame videos. Aside from that, Filmora offers essential video editing tools like splitting, chopping, trimming, and rotating, as well as more sophisticated tools like video stabilization and tilt-shift.
Want to sync separate audio with video? Check out this guide to do it in the simplest way using the video editor - Wondershare Filmora.
by Ollie Mattison May 15, 2023 20:27 PM
Want to make professional-looking videos? Keep reading to give your videos a cinematic feel with the audio mixer of Filmora.
by Ollie Mattison May 15, 2023 20:27 PM
Here is a step-by-step guide to color correct and color grade a video professionally with Wondershare Filmora. Let’s get going!
by Ollie Mattison May 15, 2023 20:27 PM