How To Replace the Audio Track in a Video
Video editing is inclusive of editing the audio track. You may be working on background scores, original soundtracks and different kinds of sound effects, including the work that an artist does which is reproducing organic sound of the world we live in or the environment that is depicted in a given scene. Any of these tasks would need you to edit or replace audio in video. You may have to mix different audio tracks to have one score. From sound engineering to finely editing every track being mixed, it is an ever expanding and exciting technical niche that will depend largely on a plethora of tools.
How to replace audio in video?
Let us explore how you can replace audio in video with Wondershare Filmora.
To begin with, get a free trial copy of Wondershare Filmora.
Step 1: Import file
Once you have downloaded and installed Wondershare Filmora, open the application and click on ‘Import’. Search for the relevant video which you wish to edit and load it from the hard disk or the specific folder. You can select multiple videos using ‘ctrl’ and clicking on the chosen files.
Step 2: Drag and drop to the video Timeline.
The videos selected will be displayed as thumbnails. Choose a video, go to hit and click without releasing the click and drag the chosen video to the Video Timeline.
Step 3: Remove the original sound of the video.
Right click on it and you would see the option of "Audio detach". Click on it and the audio file will detach from the video file and get added to Music Timeline. Press "Delete" on your keyboard and you would get rid of it. You can save this video without the audio and you would only have the visuals, unimpaired and unaffected in any way, without the sound.
Step 4: Add a new audio track
You can add a new audio track to the video by choosing royalty sound or music from Filmora library, or importing any audio you like.
Wondershare Filmora allows you to replace and edit the audio in video with ease
Unfortunately, there is no application by default in your desktop or laptop, phone or tablet that would get this done. To replace audio in video, you would need the help of state of the art software. Fortunately, you have Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor) at your disposal.
With Wondershare Filmora, you can replace audio in video, you can mute audio, detach the audio and you can add audio. You can eliminate background noise, organic noise, sound effects, you can address the sync problem in a video file and you can edit the audio in a video without any extensive training or expertise.
- It has a user-friendly interface which makes things simple even for amateurs.
- It supports all common video and audio formats including WMV, MOV, FLV, MTS, MP4, etc.
- You can move an audio, replace it or add a new audio to the video without worrying about general loss which is loss of quality
- You can export the edited video with the new or edited audio to various devices, including the cloud and social media sites.
- Compatible with Windows (including Windows 8) & Mac OS X (10.6 and above).
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Audio Editing
- 1. Basic audio editing tips
- 1.1 How to add audio to video
- 1.2 How to add audio fade out effect
- 1.3 How to replace audio track in video
- 1.4 How to edit audio track
- 1.5 How to mute audio from video
- 1.6 How to remove audio from video
- 1.7 How to change voice
- 1.8 How to add voiceover to video
- 1.9 How to remove background noise
- 2. Advanced audio editing tips
- See more