9 Best 4K Monitors for Video Editing in 2018
Video editors always need high quality monitors so that they can clearly visualize the effects and changes after editing. It should display fine colours, crisp details and should reflect all components of frames with clear effect. Colours play most important role in video editing and if they are not well managed on screen then it becomes much difficult for editors to make corrections. Although, market is currently loaded with so many color monitors but there are few selected ones that can meet professional requirements especially when it comes to 4K video.
For this reason, we have done some research about the monitors for 4k video editing and summarized the reason of using 4K monitor for video editing (especially for professional video editors), and some of the best 4k monitors available now for 4k video editing.
Benefits of Using 4K Monitors for Video Editing:
Do you need a 4K monitor to edit 4K videos? Well, there are so many benefits of using professional 4K monitors for professional video editing needs. Here we are discussing top two advantages:
- It helps viewers to enjoy content on 1:1 scale and this is definitely an incredible experience.
- Secondly, it provides editors with lots of working space so that they can access multiple applications at a time. For an instance, take example of editing a video project on Final Cut Pro; 4K monitors allow you to interact easily on timeline without wasting time on scrolling so that you can process things faster while ensuring high quality results.
Things Need to Know Before Buying a 4K Monitor for Video Editing:
You will find unlimited monitor designs in market but it is important to check few major specifications while buying a new one for your 4K video editing needs. It should match the resolution standards. There are generally two major terms that we follow in this category:
- First one is DCI 4K that deals with 4096x2160 pixels while maintaining 256:135 aspect ratio. This is the most commonly followed standard in film industry.
- Second is UHD-1 that we often call as 4K for TV productions. It delivers 3840x2160 resolution level with 16:9 aspect ratio.
Most of the cameras these days are designed with UHD 4K abilities because it brings impressive results for YouTube posts. When these videos are accessed on 16:9 screen, there are no black bars on top or bottom portion of the screen.
Top 9 Best 4K Monitors for Video Editing in 2018:
We have made a comparison table of these 4k monitors for video editing so you can find the best budget 4k video editing monitors quickly.
||LG Electronics 31MU97||Eizo Color Edge CG318-4K||ASUS PB279Q||Dell UltraSharp UP3216Q||BenQ BL2711U||BenQBL3201PH||HP DREAMCOLOR Z32X||BenQ PD3200U||ASUS ProArt PA32U HDR Display|
|Resolution||4096 x 2160||4096 x 2160||3840x2160||3840x2160||3840x2160||3840x2160||3840x2160||3840x2160||3840x2160|
|Screen Technology||In-plane Switching (IPS)||IPS||IPS||IPS||IPS||IPS||IPS||IPS||IPS|
|color Gamut||Adobe RGB over 99.5%||99% of Adobe RGB||100% sRGB||99.5% Adobe RGB||100% sRGB||100% sRGB||92% of Adobe RGB||100% sRGB||99.5% Adobe RGB|
|Refresh Rate||60Hz||60Hz||60Hz||60Hz||60Hz||60Hz||60Hz||60Hz||60Hz (?)|
Section 1: Best True 4K Editing Monitors:
1. LG Electronics 31MU97 31-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor:
31MU97 is capable enough of delivering 4096x2160 resolution on its 31 inch display so you can expect better accumulation of pixels on monitor screen. This resolution level is rated to be about 4 times higher as compared to Full HD content.Key Features:
- It is designed with single stream transport technology that resolves all image sync troubles by ensuring highly smooth details.
- This IPS display manages 99.5% coverage for color with Adobe RG B technology.
- LG has designed this monitor to handle full variation of brightness, saturation, colour and shadow.
- Perfectly designed flicker safe display that offers 10 bit color depth.
2. Eizo Color Edge CG318-4K:
This widescreen 4k monitor can handle higher pixel density with deep details and the built in sensor helps to maintain settings for several display aspects. The Adobe RGB technology helps to maintain 99% color accuracy and you can ensure crisp details even at corners. This display takes few minutes to warm up and then it can work for hours without getting tired.Key Features:
- Best choice for color grading, compositing, 3D CGI and 2D editing needs.
- Comes with self calibration sensor.
- Offers consistent color display with high quality IPS panel.
- Maintains corner to corner uniformity.
Section 2: Best UHD 4K Video Editing Monitors:
1.ASUS PB279Q 27" 4K/UHD 3840x2160 IPS Monitor:
Asus PB279Q has IPS panel with 27 inch screen size and a widescreen offering 16:9 aspect ratio. The viewing angles are allowed up to 178 degrees whereas tilt angle range varies between -5 to 20 degrees. It can handle up to 1.07 billion colours with stunning content distribution over screen. You can connect this monitor easily with external world using DisplayPort, HDMI port and Mini DisplayPort.Key Features:
- Offers 5ms response time.
- Designed with 10 bit colours ensuring incredible crispness in details.
- Equipped with EyeCare technology that ensures flicker and strain free content delivery.
- Classic color coverage with sRGB technology.
2.Dell UltraSharp 4k UP3216Q 31.5" Screen LCD Monitor:
This is one of the most popular design in 4K monitor’s category. There are so many incredible features that offer perfect results for professional video editing. You can expect 3840x2160 resolution level on this screen UltraSharp calibration tools for color management ensures professional delivery. It can handle about 1.07 billion colors to ensure dynamic details in screen.Key Features:
- It offers enhanced color clarity.
- Flexible design that is comprehensive enough for viewing comfort maximization.
- Easy connectivity with external world via USB ports, Mini DisplayPort and DisplayPort.
- 6ms response time and 1000:1 contrast ratio.
3.BenQ BL2711U UHD 4K Designer Monitor:
If you love on working animation and video editing projects then BenQ BL2711U can offer you great services. It has 3840x2160 resolution level that can easily handle 4K content and sRGB technology offers 100% coverage for color spectrum. You can access wide range of documents with pic-in-pic mode so it is best device for multitasking needs. Professionals often recommend this monitor for CAD/CAM projects, graphic adjustment art work and animation etc.Key Features:
- It has low blue light modes that keeps human eye safe from strain, damage and also reduces chances of headaches as well as sleeping disorders.
- It offers Rec. 709 color precision for optimal results.
- sRGB technology provides 100% coverage for color information.
- It supports 1.07 billion colors with 4ms response time and about 1000:1 contrast ratio.
4. BenQ BL3201PH 32-Inch IPS 4K Ultra High Definition LED Monitor:
Here is one impressive choice for your 32-inch 4K content delivery. This monitor offers outstanding resolution with 3840x2160 rating and the LED monitor configuration allows delivery of clear, crisp and highly accurate color content. sRGB color space covers 100% spectrum while extending support up to 1.0 billion colours. You will be glad to know that it works like a perfect USB hub with its 4 USB 3.0 ports.Key Features:
- Pic-in-Pic technologies allow professionals to work on image comparison projects.
- It is designed using Flicker free technology so you can expect safe viewing experience.
- Low Blue Light Modes enhances eye safety from enhanced Blue rays.
- Affordable option for professional color editing needs.
5. HP DreamColor M2D46A8 Z32x:
This monitor comes with 4K UHD resolution and it makes impressive content delivery up to wide edges with 178 degree vertical and horizontal viewing angles. The response time is rated to be 8ms whereas aspect ratio is 16:9 with 1000:1 contrast ratio. This display allows easy adjustments for swivel, height, tilt etc and connectivity to external world is enhanced with availability of USB ports, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort and HDMI.Key Features:
- This monitor is designed with energy star rating.
- It works with IPS technology and is user programmable.
- There are lots of on screen controls that makes editing task much easier for beginners as well as professionals.
- You will be able to enjoy safe viewing experience with anti-glare screen.
6. BenQ PD3200U 32" 4K Designer Monitor:
PD3200U offers extreme color accuracy with impressive viewing experience up to wide angles. It can provide enhanced view even in dark rooms with sRGB color support and REC. 709 ability. You can manage all display controls with keyboard and mouse controls. There are four options for set up configuration and content delivery from external world with USB 3.0 ports, HDMI inputs, Mini DisplayPort and DisplayPort.Key Features:
- It comes with 10 bit color adjustment feature and sRGB technology offers 100% coverage for color rich content.
- Rec. 709 ability included.
- BenQ PD3200U has darkroom mode that makes better adjustments for contrast and brightness levels.
- It is designed with flicker free viewing experience.
7. ASUS ProArt PA32U HDR Display:
This monitor is not only dedicated for home viewing needs rather it offers stunning image quality for professional applications. Users can access all high end editing tools on this platform and the wide color space adjustments make delivery fine. The perfect combination of HDR colors and the incredible contrast settings make it most suitable monitor for delivery of vibrant colors and fine brightness settings. It suits to high end gamers.Key Features:
- It follows quantum dot technology with 384 zone backlighting system.
- You will be able to enjoy incredible viewing experience over its high dynamic range.
- This monitor covers 100% color range with sRGB technology.
- There are 85% Rec2020, 95% DCI-P3 and 99.5% Adobe RGB color space management options.
The high quality video monitors are specially designed to fulfil the requirements of professional video editors because they ensure impressive color accuracy. If you get the right monitor for your needs then never forget to recommend to some of your friends who love editing like you. Do you find this article useful? If yes then let us know by updating your feedbacks; suggestions are also welcome.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>