- Try It Free Try It Free
- 1. Animation Software on PC+
- • Stop Motion Animation Software
- • Explainer Video Software
- • Lyric Video Software
- • Animation Makers for Kids
- • Animated Videos Tools/Services
- • Animation Maker for Beginners and Pros
- • Professional Animation Software
- • Animation Software for Windows/Mac
- • Educational Animation Software
- • Tools to Make Animated Photo
- • Animation Drawing Software
- • 3D Animation Software
- • 2D Animation Software
- • Whiteboard Animation Software
- 2. Animation Software on Phone+
- 3. Animation Software Online+
- 4. Animation Tips+
10 Best Animation Makers for Kids to Have Fun
When you are trying to make funny cartoons, explainer videos, cartoon painting, or informative shorts to post online, 2D animation software can come in handy. With access to a 2D animation maker, you can create intricate and interesting animated cartoon types that will help you connect with your audience.
Whether you are teaching a group of kids, showing employees how to do their job, introducing a new product, or trying to elicit an emotional reaction from your audience, some free animation makers can be very useful.
If you are new to the world of 2D animation, you will be interested in our review of the top 8 2D animation software options that may prove useful to you.
- Part 1: Best 2D Animation Software
- Part 2: Best Open Source 2D Animation Software
- Part 3: FAQ about Animation Maker for Kids
You may also like: 11 Best Beginner/Waterproof/Vlogging Camera for Kids
If you are looking for an animation editor for kids, here we recommend using Filmora. The editing experience is fun and easy to use for kids. You can use it to make 3D animation or 2D animation by adding keyframes, so that the animation will be smooth and natural.
You just need to build a white plane to start making animation easily. Besides, color correction and audio mixer will raise your animation video to a new level. Download it to have a try (Free)!
Part1: Best 2D Animation Software
1. Toon Boom Harmony
Whether you are trying to create an art piece, showcase a story through 2D images, or craft a unique message for your audience, Toon Boom Harmony will help you immensely. The software has bitmap and vector tools for creating art, 3D imported models for hybrid productions, and the option to create multiplane scenes with Z-depth.
- Revolutionary vector and bitmap drawing technology - Brush Engine
- Advanced color palettes and paint options
- 2D and 3D integration
- Cut-out animation tools
- Traditional paperless animation.
Price: The first 21 days of using the product are free. After the 21 days are up, you will need to pay $109 per month.
Want to create unique and complex 2D animations for your upcoming projects? CelAction2D is the type of product that is going to help you create wonderful animations. While getting a full license is a financial commitment, you are getting a product with all the features you could need.
You can create a palette using up to 16 million colors, and you will have a very easy time getting to grips with the way the software works. It is designed for beginners and intermediate users, but still has all the advanced features that a pro would want.
- Easy and fast to use
- Features ergonomic controls
- Easily handles complex projects with thousands of layers
- Works with all modern Windows machines - 32 and 64-bit Also work with Macs through Boot Camp
- Multiplane camera features.
Price: If you go with the Studio Edition, it costs $1,300 to obtain a single license to use it for a lifetime. Studio Edition is $1300 for one single license.
3. Moho (Anime Studio) Pro
Anime Studio Pro is a fantastic option for anyone who is looking to get into 2D animation creation. It is affordable and designed for Flash-style animations. While you cannot create frame-by-frame animations using this program, you will be able to create some fantastic videos nonetheless.
There is an Anime Studio Debut, which is targeted towards the beginner user. But if you want all the features of a high-end 2D animation software, you will want to go with the Pro version.
- Enhanced freehand drawing tools
- Beizer handles to make it easier for you to design your videos the way that you want
- Smart warp feature helps create custom meshes to bend and twist your animations
- Realistic motion blur
- Animation for multiple layers at the same time
Price: $399.99 for the full package.
4. Stop Motion Studio
Want to create fun, 2D animated videos? Hoping to impress your bosses with a 2D animated presentation to highlight a product’s features? Using Stop Motion Studio will help you achieve all that you want in the world of 2D animation.
You can capture content with ease, whether you change up the focus, exposure, or white balance. There is DSLR support so that you can use your high-end camera in conjunction with this software.
And with a unique, frame-by-frame editor, you will be able to get the result that you want for your 2D stop animation movie.
- Onionskin allows you to view previous frames through a transparent overlay, which helps you create your next frame
- Comes with Chroma key and audio recording to better narrate and add voice effects to your videos
- Easy one-click uploading to YouTube and Facebook
- DSLR camera support for creating perfect 1080p recordings
Price: $59.99 to download the software onto your PC.
Part2: Best Open Source 2D Animation Software
Synfig Studio is an open-source 2D animation software that is the perfect place for beginners to learn about 2D animation. There are two versions available for download - stable and testing. The testing version has some experimental features if users want to try those ahead of their introduction into the stable release.
- Supports multiple layers of content
- The bone system allows for the creation of cutout animations from bitmap images
- Has sound support to allow for the addition and syncing of narration and/or music to the video
Based on the Toonz software, Opentoonz is an open-source and free alternative that will help you create 2D animated content. Anyone can use the software, free of charge. And users can modify the source code to add specific features to the program.
- GTS scanning tool
- Ability to change picture styles
- Add distortion and light effects
- Compatible with black and white and colored scans
The beauty of the Tupitube app is that you can use your Android or iOS tablet and smartphone to create 2D animated videos. There is no need to pay for expensive software if you just want to create some fun videos to show your friends.
- A downloadable app that works on smartphones and tablets
- Easy animation tutorials
- Intuitive interface that beginners can use with ease
4. Pencil 2D
Want an open-source and free 2D animation design software to help you create videos? Pencil2D animation is the type of program that can help beginners. You can get to grips with how 2D animation works, and you can create funny and interesting videos along the way.
- Minimalist design
- Raster and vector workflow switching
- Cross-platform compatibility
You may also like: Best Animation Makers Online >>
Part 3: FAQ about Animation Maker for Kids
1. How do you make animations for kids?
Despite popular belief, it isn’t too difficult to find animation makers for kids. There are even tools out there that will let kids create their animations if they are old enough.
Children nowadays can create and develop their characters – and even dream up storylines to put a motion. The School Run has lots of exciting ideas on how children can get into animation themselves.
For adults, however, a good animation maker for kids can help us submit high-end projects on a low-end pay scale, providing you use the correct software.
2. What is the best animation software for beginners?
Some best include Blender, Adobe Character Animator, and Filmora by Wondershare.
You can enter existing artwork or create new ones of your own in the virtual space, all of which can be done on a drag-and-drop basis.
3. What is the easiest animation software to use?
The easiest animation maker for kids that you can use as software for your own projects has to be Filmora. As well as having a ton of free features, it gives you everything you need to mask, edit, animate, and evolve all of your details. You can use it to create art if you haven’t already got something planned – or you can use it to input any file type that you like.
It has some wonderful animation-making features that let you go from high-end and professional (like logo making) to fun and playful (like animation making). Best out of all of the features is that it is easy enough for children to understand how to do it.
Creating a 2D animation video is a lot easier when you have the right software available to you. You already have a script and storyboard in mind, but now you can realize your vision in intricate and unique ways. Anyone of the products above will serve you well, but FimoraPro is the one you should consider. Just download it now to have a try!
It is a great way to create animated video for your business. Here are 18 best tools and services that you can choose.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:51 PM
In this article, you will learn the new features of Adobe Animate CC. Check it out! Get your inspiration before others.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:51 PM
Here, you will find 10 best free animation software for Windows and Mac. If you want to know what they are, the pros and cons, check it out!
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:51 PM