Professional Animation Software: 8 Best Creator for Mac and Windows
If you are not satisfied with some of the free animation options available on Windows and Mac, you may need to invest some money in a great program. Those who want their animations to have a professional quality will need to find professional animation software. It will let you make professional animated video to your heart’s content.
While these programs do come with an upfront cost, you are paying for the best features, troubleshooting, support and graphical quality. Those who create animation for business reasons will have much use for such software. Here are eight of the best professional animation software options for Windows and Mac.
Recommended professional animation software - FilmoraPro
If you want to have more controls on animation video, here we recommend using FilmoraPro - professional video editing made easy. You can use it to make 3D animation or 2D animation by adding keyframes, so the animation will be smooth and natural. You just need to build a white plane to easily start making animation. Besides, color correction and audio mixer will raise up your animation video to a new level. It supports Windows and Mac. Download it to have a try (Free)!
Part1: Professional Animation Software for Mac
The beauty of blender is that it is a free program that still gives you all the features you would expect from a professional package. It is free, open source and one of the best options for 3D animating. Whether you want to model, rig, animate, simulate, map, render or motion track, you can do it with Blender
- The rendering, modeling and animation features are top of the line. They are comparable with expensive software.
- You have the ability to create VFX, simulations and integrate pipeline tools.
- You can create games, edit videos and create scripts all within the program.
Hoping to create high class 3D objects that are going to wow your audience? If you need to create 3D objects for a business video, or to promote your personal brand, ZBrush is a terrific option. It has some of the best features for digital sculpting that you will find in any program.
- Unlike other programs, you are not restricted by polygon distribution. Sculpt all you want!
- Options for single user or volume licenses - useful for businesses!
- Rated as one of the best programs for sculpting in 2018.
Maya is one of the top options for 3D animation, modeling, rendering and simulation. It works with all modern Mac computers and will allow you to create animations, terrains, backgrounds, motion graphics and VR content.
- The UV editor interface is very intuitive and easy to use. It also gives you so many options through the UV Toolkit. Editing your animations has never been easier.
- Comes with a clump modifier that lets you interactively groom your animations.
- Features a link to Adobe After Effects so you can make adjustments on the fly.
Harmony is a professional 2D subscription-based software that will allow you to create animations and backgrounds with ease. Whether you want to animate, render or simulate different graphics and backgrounds, you can get it all done with Harmony. It is fully compatible with Macs.
- Three subscription options: Premium, Advanced and Essentials.
- Essentials features vector drawing, while the other two also include Bitmap.
- Render quality can go from HD to 8K depending on your subscription.
- Includes recoloring, rotoscoping, advanced vector pencil lines, multiplane and 3D environment support.
Part2: Professional Animation Software for Windows
Want to design interactive vector animations? Whether you are hoping to use them for games, apps or your website, you can create them using Adobe Animate CC. With the might of Adobe, you know that you are getting a quality product that will get frequent updates and enhancements.
- Some of the newer enhancements include the ability to layer depth and add camera enhancements.
- Advanced code wizard allows you to add actions to events using the HTML5 canvas.
- The Animation Timeline is more powerful than ever. You can also use presets for managing the speed of your animations.
- HiDPI support.
2. Poser Pro
The best tool for a digital artist who wants to create 3D character animations and illustrations, the Poser Pro 11.1 is available for a one-time purchase. It may not be necessary for beginners to spend big money on animation software. But professionals who want the best quality characters and background will be delighted with the features on offer.
- SuperFly delivers the power of physically based rendering to Poser. You can render light in the way that it is meant to look.
- The Realtime Comic Book preview feature is even better on this version of the program. Now you can get full access to your animations, while you can edit them using the convenient toolbars.
- Actor selection feature makes it so easy to go back and forth between the different characters you create.
Beginners who are struggling to understand some of the features of other programs will love FlipBook. It is the simplest 2D animation software you will find online. But the best part is that despite its simplicity, it gives you the power and flexibility of other programs.
- Drawing, scanning, importing and painting is very easy with this program.
- The intuitive interface means that if you want to make changes to your animations, you can do it within minutes.
- Using it with a tablet is very helpful, as you can draw straight onto the program.
- Add music and sync it with your animations.
Touted as the fastest 3D-animation software available, iClone will let you produce animations that have a professional quality, but you can do it in quick time. When you have a deadline, or you need to render many images, this program is so useful.
- Advanced tools that allow you to curve edit, incorporate PhysX simulating and create organic morphs.
- Delivers artistic real-time 3D visuals.
- Unlimited plugin expansion and support.
- On-demand community content and accessories.
With the above eight programs, you may many options when you make professional animated video. You can create high quality 3D background, terrain, objects and characters. And when you are finished with your animations, you may be thinking about editing the files or creating a larger story out of them. Using FilmoraPro will help you a lot with the editing process. It is an all-in-one video and animation file editor for both Windows and Mac computers.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>